Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Feb 2016, 23:54 (Ref:3611388)   #1
YoungRacer
Rookie

England
Hampshire
YoungRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Testing

Hi Guys

Does anyone on here know a good place in the UK or north France to test a historic F1 ? Noisy days are damn near impossible to find so i might have to put silencers on the car
Old 4 Feb 2016, 07:34 (Ref:3611458)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Think you will have to travel further, unless somewhere like Duxford, Bruntingthorpe or other 'airfield' can accommodate you. Alternatively, how about a trip to Valencia in March? It's on the calendar...... Or what about Zolder, a circuit I've often heard mentioned for Histo F1 testing?

You wouldn't be the first to make a system up, but possibly the cost of making the car quiet enough would be more than the travel!
Old 4 Feb 2016, 09:45 (Ref:3611492)   #3
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Croix en Ternois is popular, near Arras in Northern France.
The owner (Patrick d'Aubreby) races F1 cars himself and the French are less bothered by things like noise and will be flexible on dates!
It's also cheap - worked out cheaper for someone in the UK to go there than Pembrey including channel crossing and it didn't take much longer to get there.
Downside is it's not a huge circuit.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 10:51 (Ref:3611505)   #4
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Croix en Ternois is popular, near Arras in Northern France.
The owner (Patrick d'Aubreby) races F1 cars himself and the French are less bothered by things like noise and will be flexible on dates!
It's also cheap - worked out cheaper for someone in the UK to go there than Pembrey including channel crossing and it didn't take much longer to get there.
Downside is it's not a huge circuit.
And back in the days, it use to be the Williams test track prior to Monaco !
Old 4 Feb 2016, 12:03 (Ref:3611523)   #5
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRacer View Post
Hi Guys

Does anyone on here know a good place in the UK or north France to test a historic F1 ? Noisy days are damn near impossible to find so i might have to put silencers on the car
There are 4 unsilenced days at Donington this month. Links on the web site. First of them on 10th.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 13:16 (Ref:3611547)   #6
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sam Donnington is a good bet because they do not let too many cars out at a time plus its open pit lane which only leave the weather issue... you can book and then postpone once if the weather is dire though...

I'll even come and drive it for you if you want

Benn
Old 5 Feb 2016, 11:32 (Ref:3611841)   #7
The Flagman
Racer

The Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blyton Park nr Gainsborough, Lincs is a possibility.

Talk to Richard Usher, the circuit owner. Regularly has F1 cars from all eras. Don't expect unlimited, constant loud lapping but it can work.

Morgan
Old 5 Feb 2016, 11:47 (Ref:3611848)   #8
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was told at one point last year that the other regular options for unlimited noise might be Silverstone or Anglesey.

A lot depends on when people need to test compared to what circuits will be offering at the time.

I would guess that France may be easier than Anglesey for anyone based in the south - so long as Calais can be avoided.
Old 5 Feb 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3611897)   #9
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Think you will have to travel further, unless somewhere like Duxford, Bruntingthorpe or other 'airfield' can accommodate you. Alternatively, how about a trip to Valencia in March? It's on the calendar...... Or what about Zolder, a circuit I've often heard mentioned for Histo F1 testing?

You wouldn't be the first to make a system up, but possibly the cost of making the car quiet enough would be more than the travel!
Bruntingthorpe is a no-no I'm afraid. I've heard of people being thrown off testing a standard Fiesta ST Road car because it was 'too noisy'.*
* The levels aren't set by Bruntingthorpe, but the local District Council on behalf of their NIMBY's. Bruntingthorpe just have to comply...
Old 6 Feb 2016, 19:44 (Ref:3612447)   #10
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRacer View Post
Hi Guys

I've just sent you a PM on the subject.

John Elwin