Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Aug 2009, 00:01 (Ref:2530180)   #26
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it will be interesting to see if the Ferrari can hold the top spot come q'ing and the race. I know this is just practice, but how about that Ford in front of the 45!
Old 29 Aug 2009, 03:53 (Ref:2530214)   #27
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Utter crap !!!
Old 29 Aug 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2530406)   #28
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Someone get me the sick bucket.

Don't worry, the Fiat will (likely) drop down the order come race time, much to someone's dismay
Old 29 Aug 2009, 14:06 (Ref:2530445)   #29
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hindy is up for the first practice session.

L.P.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 14:21 (Ref:2530454)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
slicks off and rain tires on for this practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
it will be interesting to see if the Ferrari can hold the top spot come q'ing and the race. I know this is just practice, but how about that Ford in front of the 45!
yep. with the Ford picking up speed and the intro of 'vettes and BMW, i think both Fiat and the Bug teams are shaking in their boots.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2530461)   #31
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it rains like this tomarow, i recon we could see a GT2 overall winner.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2530462)   #32
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what!

There's an AMR DBR9 car in the screen from Speed coverage link... why?!?!?
Old 29 Aug 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2530467)   #33
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did you guys catch that Hindy said there will be a new pace car procedure starting from Mosport? The pace car will pick up the leader of the race, then the normal pitstop cycle, then if/when the wave-by happens it picks up the first leader in class in the queue. That should allow the class races to stay intact instead of possibly giving class leaders a lap on the field during the wave-by!! GOOD!

L.P.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2530478)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
gooooog...GOOOD. should produce more "fair" racing. hated the "extra lap" because of when the pace car decided to venture onto the track.!

did catch him saying something about, but my son was making too much noise around me. thanks for the clarification.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 15:00 (Ref:2530483)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
James Weaver in the paddock....no wonder it's raining

we miss you too James. loved watching him wheel it!
Old 29 Aug 2009, 16:01 (Ref:2530516)   #36
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
alternative live timing to the one in the first post ..

http://www.americanlemans.com/index_live2.php

Ciao Marco
Old 29 Aug 2009, 16:08 (Ref:2530519)   #37
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Did you guys catch that Hindy said there will be a new pace car procedure starting from Mosport? The pace car will pick up the leader of the race, then the normal pitstop cycle, then if/when the wave-by happens it picks up the first leader in class in the queue. That should allow the class races to stay intact instead of possibly giving class leaders a lap on the field during the wave-by!! GOOD!

L.P.
This is good, seems like someone is finally paying attention to the races within the race and not just the race for the overall win.

DK
Old 29 Aug 2009, 18:52 (Ref:2530623)   #38
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2nd practice started. Qualifying in an hour.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2530631)   #39
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87 View Post
what!

There's an AMR DBR9 car in the screen from Speed coverage link... why?!?!?

just a stock picture.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2530637)   #40
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Melo's done a Salo and binned it.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2530641)   #41
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Anyone know what happened? I see Melo and the risi ferrari aren't in the pits.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 19:36 (Ref:2530643)   #42
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Melo went off in 1.

L.P.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2530645)   #43
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Oh man... That's a really bad spot to go off.

Now its a BMW 1-2 in GT2!
Old 29 Aug 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2530653)   #44
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
The Bimmers came on strong at the end of the session. Too bad for Risi, looks like they will be starting from the end again if they can get it back together.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2530695)   #45
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
... Too bad for Risi, looks like they will be starting from the end again if they can get it back together.
Big if indeed judging by Dave Sims' interview. Talk of door frame (don't quote me on that though) being pushed into chassis etc.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 21:53 (Ref:2530726)   #46
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Impressive 1-2 for the Bimmers again. I also knew that Farn/Loles car had it in them to be competitive again. A little surprised the Lizards wound up sixth, but all they really need to do is keep their nose clean and just finish and the Championship is theirs.

DK
Old 29 Aug 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2530733)   #47
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm beginning to think that the restrictor break the BMW's received after Long Beach may be brought in a little bit after this race. (Running at 29.4mm for 2 should be at 28.6mm for 2 at 1235kg)
Old 29 Aug 2009, 23:08 (Ref:2530742)   #48
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Risi

Door frame being pushed into the chassis gave me the impression they'll need to drive into Bowmanville and find someone with the equipment to set the car back in place. The team will most certainly be doing an all-nighter, the damage was a lot worse than one would think. I was just arriving back at the IMSA trailer when they were putting the car up on the flat-bed so I guess I was late for replays, if they had one at all. Got a great picture of the rear end damage. The car was mobbed in the pits, so I was lucky to get what I did. All the body work and frame repairs that they will have to do it isn't guaranteed they make it to the grid.

Chris
Old 29 Aug 2009, 23:50 (Ref:2530751)   #49
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Re: Risi

Door frame being pushed into the chassis gave me the impression they'll need to drive into Bowmanville and find someone with the equipment to set the car back in place. The team will most certainly be doing an all-nighter, the damage was a lot worse than one would think. I was just arriving back at the IMSA trailer when they were putting the car up on the flat-bed so I guess I was late for replays, if they had one at all. Got a great picture of the rear end damage. The car was mobbed in the pits, so I was lucky to get what I did. All the body work and frame repairs that they will have to do it isn't guaranteed they make it to the grid.

Chris
Can you share the picture you got?
Old 29 Aug 2009, 23:58 (Ref:2530755)   #50
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
if anyone can do it, they can. they have less then 24h! but then again they are the Ferrari dealership / service + they own a ferrari bodyshop.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.