Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jan 2019, 22:57 (Ref:3876000)   #2951
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MJ is one of the most interested and dedicated racers in the BTCC. He had a drive last season and it was snatched away from him. No matter who’s side you’re on with what went on there, it was a crying shame that he wasn’t able to race last season and it was Bartrum/Motorbase cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Old 13 Jan 2019, 23:10 (Ref:3876002)   #2952
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
MJ is one of the most interested and dedicated racers in the BTCC. He had a drive last season and it was snatched away from him. No matter who’s side you’re on with what went on there, it was a crying shame that he wasn’t able to race last season and it was Bartrum/Motorbase cutting off their nose to spite their face.

I completely agree re Bartrum cutting off his nose to spite his face, (I also think him signing Ollie this year is just an attempt at trolling on his part) but I don't see Jackson coming back or how he can be realistically liked to BTC on anything aside from wishful thinking.

Being "interested and dedicated" means very little when a team wants assured finances, just ask Jack Goff for instance.

Last edited by btccbloke; 13 Jan 2019 at 23:18.
Old 14 Jan 2019, 05:51 (Ref:3876038)   #2953
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
“Snatched away”? I thought the statements last year made it clear he turned his back on Motor base for what he thought was a better deal? But hey it’s all in the past maybe he has found a sack of cash
Old 14 Jan 2019, 06:31 (Ref:3876040)   #2954
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
I don't see this, He's not exactly someone renowned for bringing budget, as a Jackson fan, this might be a nice story but money talks over talent these days, and considering his radio silence since the end of 2017 I'm not sure he's even that interested. There are 3 contenders for me would be Goff who has talent but no money, Cole has a tie in with BTC sponsors but that may not be enough, Plato ticks all the boxes - talent (assuming he still has it) and money
Jackson's enforced 'year off'ended up being very good for him financially (not so for the other party involved), so along with his backers he isn't short of racing funds for 2019.
Old 14 Jan 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3876044)   #2955
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I'm confident Bert has FK8's. The James Cole rumour fits nicely as he likely has a title sponsor, thus potentially two very different liveries. Or is it actually young Nic H or the panto villain?

The FK2s may well appear in Stewart Lines championship, would go some way to funding the FK8's.

I would think Norlin is the third priciest ride after WSR and Dynamics? Or am I wide of the mark?
Interesting line at the end of 2018 from BTC.

Bert Taylor, 2nd Oct 18: “Watch out for our 2019 announcements that will be made sooner than you might expect, it is going to be a cracker!”

Now that ASI has been and gone (when most people may expect announcements), and there are still no announcements from BTC except for the confirmed entry on the TBL list, is it a case of something seemed to be in place, but has now fallen through?

Or has someone/something else become available that they are looking for?
Old 14 Jan 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3876046)   #2956
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
A late in the day deal for running works Kias with JP? 🤔🙄

It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings. Or rather, media day...
Old 14 Jan 2019, 08:49 (Ref:3876055)   #2957
mprmke
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
“Snatched away”? I thought the statements last year made it clear he turned his back on Motor base for what he thought was a better deal? But hey it’s all in the past maybe he has found a sack of cash
Like I say, it’s open to debate who you think was in the right and in the wrong, but Bartrum made it impossible for him to leave and then as soon as the other team announced their new driver he was sacked, with no time left for him to realistically find an alternative.

It did, however, leave him with a lot more time and motivation to try and sort a good drive for 2019.....
Old 14 Jan 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3876057)   #2958
mprmke
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
A late in the day deal for running works Kias with JP? 🤔🙄

It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings. Or rather, media day...
TBL’s are all allocated and whilst that doesn’t mean 100% they can’t be transfered, a new team like that is highly unlikely at this stage.
Old 14 Jan 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3876062)   #2959
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Like I say, it’s open to debate who you think was in the right and in the wrong, but Bartrum made it impossible for him to leave and then as soon as the other team announced their new driver he was sacked, with no time left for him to realistically find an alternative.

It did, however, leave him with a lot more time and motivation to try and sort a good drive for 2019.....

I agree Bartrum acted a c**k and i lost a lot of respect for Motorbase that day.
but thats a story for 12 months ago
Old 14 Jan 2019, 09:43 (Ref:3876066)   #2960
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder if Stockton is making a return to BTC
Old 14 Jan 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3876074)   #2961
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
TBL’s are all allocated and whilst that doesn’t mean 100% they can’t be transfered, a new team like that is highly unlikely at this stage.
For clarity that was a joking BTC reference to an earlier post.
Old 14 Jan 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3876081)   #2962
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:

I dunno how "unlikely", whilst Alan Gow wants a reduced grid, only allocated 30 TBL's blah blah blah.... i wouldnt say he couldnt change his mind for the right offer and give out one of the spares

Remember 2016 when BKR were given the 2 loan TBL about a week before media day for the VWs?

Pretty sure if there was something going on in the background and someone turned up with a works backed team, decent drivers and a "take my money" attitude he could be persuaded
Old 14 Jan 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3876089)   #2963
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
I had an argument with him on Twitter, it’s definitey not an act, his ego is as massive as his nose.
Ditto. One tongue in cheek comment and I got blocked for eternity. Ironic as I quite like him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
There is one driver no-one seems to of mentioned who has a decent amount of backing and won’t be returning with the team he raced for last year - James Cole. His recent comments seem to point to him being back on the grid again this year.
I'm sure BMR will happy take his money!
Old 14 Jan 2019, 14:20 (Ref:3876104)   #2964
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone know what happened with the Speedworks Avensis ? is it scrapped for parts ?

given how comoetitve it was I assume there would be buyers interested in it !!
Old 14 Jan 2019, 14:43 (Ref:3876105)   #2965
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
anyone know what happened with the Speedworks Avensis ? is it scrapped for parts ?

given how comoetitve it was I assume there would be buyers interested in it !!
The standard parts will likely be transferred into the Corolla, which leaves just the shell...
Old 14 Jan 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3876106)   #2966
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

the teams all know 100% that no transfer of a TBL can happen after december 1st
Old 14 Jan 2019, 19:24 (Ref:3876132)   #2967
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
The standard parts will likely be transferred into the Corolla, which leaves just the shell...
Which is useful to someone somewhere with whatever version of subframe fitted to it. The ex-Wrathall/Morgan/Wood-Lines/Hard Avensis being a good case. Stripped, rebuilt, stripped again, rebuilt.
Old 14 Jan 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3876142)   #2968
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Jackson's enforced 'year off'ended up being very good for him financially (not so for the other party involved), so along with his backers he isn't short of racing funds for 2019.

I suppose this could be plausible as to the reason Motorbase had to sell on the TCR Golf's they bought pretty sharpish after the Jackson "sabbatical" announcements
Old 14 Jan 2019, 20:42 (Ref:3876145)   #2969
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I suppose this could be plausible as to the reason Motorbase had to sell on the TCR Golf's they bought pretty sharpish after the Jackson "sabbatical" announcements
Not sure that had anything to do with it, more the fact the championship they were looking at running them in was very poor
Old 14 Jan 2019, 21:51 (Ref:3876160)   #2970
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Not sure that had anything to do with it, more the fact the championship they were looking at running them in was very poor
They were not bought just for TCR UK

"It opens up a lot more opportunities for us as a team as we now have a stable of cars that we can take all over the world, we’re no longer limited to just the UK market which is a downside of the BTCC"

Massive investment to just sell them on 3 months or so later, could this have been to help a pay off and stay away for a year agreement?
Old 14 Jan 2019, 22:05 (Ref:3876163)   #2971
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They were not bought just for TCR UK

"It opens up a lot more opportunities for us as a team as we now have a stable of cars that we can take all over the world, we’re no longer limited to just the UK market which is a downside of the BTCC"

Massive investment to just sell them on 3 months or so later, could this have been to help a pay off and stay away for a year agreement?
ridiculous
why on earth would motorbase have to pay Jackson to stay away for a year!
Old 14 Jan 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3876169)   #2972
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
As I know it - and I'm not "in" at Motorbase - Jacksons contract was terminated as he (Jackson) had breached terms by sucking up to Dynamics. I suspect Barty paid his brief for advice and a "stuff you fat boy" letter and that's where the expenditure ended. Jackson couldn't race in BTCC as Gow/TOCA wouldn't allow it - which is why AmD couldn't run Hill. He who tries to shaft his contracted team shall stand in the corner for the duration.
Old 14 Jan 2019, 22:16 (Ref:3876170)   #2973
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Motorbase sold the Golf because they anyone who wanted to pay to drive it. Far better to sell it straight away and make loss than to leave an asset gathering dust then make a bigger loss selling it a year later.
Old 14 Jan 2019, 22:55 (Ref:3876174)   #2974
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
ridiculous
why on earth would motorbase have to pay Jackson to stay away for a year!

I agree that it seems odd, but Overboost is normally quite reliable and his comment was

Quote:
Jackson's enforced 'year off'ended up being very good for him financially (not so for the other party involved),"

I cannot see why Jackson not racing was "good for him financially" and "not so the other party" (i assume motorbase)??
Old 14 Jan 2019, 22:58 (Ref:3876176)   #2975
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm sure BMR will happy take his money!
Not in exchange for a drive... at least not this year, as they have two drivers signed already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Quote:
The team isn't planning on using any parts from the Avensis for the Corolla. Indeed they may even run the two cars back to back in pre-season testing to give them an idea how good the Corolla is.