Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Jan 2019, 06:45 (Ref:3878106)   #76
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But what about moustaches?

When are the cars next on track?
Old 24 Jan 2019, 06:50 (Ref:3878107)   #77
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
But what about moustaches?

When are the cars next on track?
I think you can buy them too? But if you grow your own, you can call it a prototype Practice starts tomorrow morning.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 12:07 (Ref:3878185)   #78
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very wet this morning followed by dry in the afternoon, so I'd expect very little track action this morning for practice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
When did they go back to DPi? You can actually buy a Ford GT, if you have about $400k, so I don't get the "prototype" comments. I don't support the team either but I'd rather have the Fords than not.
If you don't "get it", then don't worry about it cuz its just a bad joke after all.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 12:15 (Ref:3878189)   #79
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't see it mentioned here but I get to see one of my heroes race again this weekend. I know he's done other things since and I've followed but not actually watched him.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsp...ntrols-bmw-m8/

IMSA TV also has a little piece on Alex Zanardi with RLL that I caught last night that I shared with my son (who was blown away by THE man)

https://imsatv.imsa.com/video/012019...lex-24-daytona
Old 24 Jan 2019, 12:28 (Ref:3878195)   #80
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
When did they go back to DPi? You can actually buy a Ford GT, if you have about $400k, so I don't get the "prototype" comments. I don't support the team either but I'd rather have the Fords than not.
Nope, never available on the open market. You had to be asked by Ford and they are suing 2 guys who bought one and then sold it in violation of the contract Ford makes you sign upon delivery. Both have told Ford to pound sand, take me to court; it appears Ford has but will likely lose. And the out the door prices were well above 400k, last I saw that was about 50% low and they cost over a million each to make supposedly.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 12:30 (Ref:3878197)   #81
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not sure how I feel about that being a GTE/GTLM car now. I wasn't aware of that.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 12:40 (Ref:3878201)   #82
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Nope, never available on the open market. You had to be asked by Ford and they are suing 2 guys who bought one and then sold it in violation of the contract Ford makes you sign upon delivery. Both have told Ford to pound sand, take me to court; it appears Ford has but will likely lose.
Are those different to the John Cena case and the dealer who sold his car? Cena settled and apologised. The dealer also settled. The deal the purchasers signed was to keep it for two years; Cena sold his less than a month after he got it, making a >$1m profit. I'm kinda with Ford on that example.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 13:09 (Ref:3878212)   #83
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about that being a GTE/GTLM car now. I wasn't aware of that.
Regardless of how we perceive the "street version", pretty sure the track version came first.

And regardless again, it's been homologated, so it races. We can choose to cheer for or against and we know what side I'm on.

I'll fully admit, however, the glowing lights in the rear deck lid area are really cool to see in person at night.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 24 Jan 2019 at 13:35.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3878219)   #84
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Regardless of how we perceive the "street version", pretty sure the track version came first.

And regardless again, it's been homologated, so it races. We can choose to cheer for or against and we know what side I'm on.

I'll fully admit, however, the glowing lights in the rear deck lid area are really cool to see in person at night.
But it sounds so bad at FCY speeds, the M6 was close but god it sounds terrible. Good enough reason to never wave the FCY flags ever for me
Old 24 Jan 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3878220)   #85
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Are those different to the John Cena case and the dealer who sold his car? Cena settled and apologised. The dealer also settled. The deal the purchasers signed was to keep it for two years; Cena sold his less than a month after he got it, making a >$1m profit. I'm kinda with Ford on that example.
2 more baseball guys have supposedly sold and challenged Ford as they can't enforce the contract. Leased cars maybe but you sell it you have no rights to what the next owner does, there's hundreds of case law examples.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3878221)   #86
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I hope our pal LankyTurtle is on the ground at the beach today. Been silent around here since the first part of the year but been to the speedway, based on the youtube channel. Hope to see some vids from today!
Old 24 Jan 2019, 14:06 (Ref:3878226)   #87
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
But it sounds so bad at FCY speeds, the M6 was close but god it sounds terrible. Good enough reason to never wave the FCY flags ever for me
It sounds bad at ALL speeds.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 14:07 (Ref:3878227)   #88
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nobody is going to agree with me, but I find sticking "ecoboost" on the side of a sportscar even more cringy than Formula Es eco bid. It's horrendous. Sorry.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 14:09 (Ref:3878228)   #89
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Nobody is going to agree with me, but I find sticking "ecoboost" on the side of a sportscar even more cringy than Formula Es eco bid. It's horrendous. Sorry.
I suspect pretty much everyone agrees with you.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 14:23 (Ref:3878231)   #90
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I'll be watching what I can of the weekend from the hospital. I have a sneaky suspicion the race won't be streamed here in the states, does anyone know about qually this afternoon? Imsatv says "Restrictions Apply" which doesn't sound like normal for a qualifying session.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 14:39 (Ref:3878235)   #91
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cars are officially on track for the Michelin Challenge series and about 40 minutes till the big boys get their first shot.

I find the schedule for the "biggest" race of the IMSA season kind of funny. Two practices today, followed by qualifying. Then another practice tonight, and another tomorrow morning. Typically you have qualifying occupying the final slot before race day, but at Daytona there are still two practice sessions after that!
Old 24 Jan 2019, 14:45 (Ref:3878237)   #92
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Radar shows the rain has moved past the Beach!! We may get some dry ish running for practice, especially if the challenge cars can do some track drying.

Quote:
I disagree as I agree with you there's problems with both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
It sounds bad at ALL speeds.
Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I'll be watching what I can of the weekend from the hospital. I have a sneaky suspicion the race won't be streamed here in the states, does anyone know about qually this afternoon? Imsatv says "Restrictions Apply" which doesn't sound like normal for a qualifying session.
Hope everything is okay, Sean!

Not sure about the imsatv deal, but I'm hoping to watch on that this afternoon...
Old 24 Jan 2019, 14:54 (Ref:3878239)   #93
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I'm going to see how the app wants to work this season and if not try to find a stream. Light day today so a little racing in the background wouldn't be amiss at all.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3878240)   #94
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm going to see how the app wants to work this season and if not try to find a stream. Light day today so a little racing in the background wouldn't be amiss at all.
Let us know if the app is worth downloading this year.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3878242)   #95
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Practice is Green! And dry-ish!
Old 24 Jan 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3878243)   #96
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Early answer is god no, nothing has loaded in 20 min or spinning and no information available but good news I can sign in with FB or Twitter to get anything from the app. Have my email in enough places, don't need IMSA deciding to spam me as well.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 15:26 (Ref:3878244)   #97
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It's garbage still for Android. I just downloaded and tried to get anything to work. Literally, nothing is loading. In Google play, tells me it's not optimized (still) for my device and it's got a 2.8 rating. Uninstalled.

There's no excuses for this anymore, IMSA!
Old 24 Jan 2019, 15:32 (Ref:3878246)   #98
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Early answer is god no, nothing has loaded in 20 min or spinning and no information available but good news I can sign in with FB or Twitter to get anything from the app. Have my email in enough places, don't need IMSA deciding to spam me as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It's garbage still for Android. I just downloaded and tried to get anything to work. Literally, nothing is loading. In Google play, tells me it's not optimized (still) for my device and it's got a 2.8 rating. Uninstalled.

There's no excuses for this anymore, IMSA!
Jesus, they've had the whole offseason to fix this. And i guess the whole 3 years before that too.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 15:33 (Ref:3878247)   #99
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
we need a 1:33.7 or something like that to break the track record. Early running is in the 1:47's but not a lot of takers.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3878248)   #100
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Not at Daytona this year unfortunatly. This weekend is typically the start of our annual florida family vacation. Mom's birthday was in December and she wanted to go then.

I would like to ask if anybody has noticed a change or an improvement to the speedway fan experience this year? The big thing I think is needed is a tram that takes people from the pedistrain bridge from the parking lots across Speedway Blvd to the NASCAR turn 1 tram station that takes people to the infield. The walk from the Toyota entrance to the Florida Hospital one is very long.