Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Jan 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3878249)   #101
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Qualy is on NBCSN (for the only time the entire season) which is why folks in the States likely shouldn't be able to see it on the regular stream due to blocking.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3878251)   #102
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Qualy is on NBCSN (for the only time the entire season) which is why folks in the States likely shouldn't be able to see it on the regular stream due to blocking.
Indeed, and I just checked the NBCSN app and there is no mention of racing for today. So likely a qualifying blocked US stream.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3878252)   #103
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Indeed, and I just checked the NBCSN app and there is no mention of racing for today. So likely a qualifying blocked US stream.
It's there online so it should show on the app. If you have the credentials or it's in your TV package, you should have access to it in the app.

https://www.nbcsports.com/live
Quote:
Rolex 24 At Daytona Qualifying
Motor Sports2:00 pm EST
This is the NBCSN live stream link.
http://stream.nbcsports.com/nbcsn/?referrer=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Cheers! Thx for the reminder!
Old 24 Jan 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3878255)   #104
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My Directv app and Sling show IMSA preview show at 2 and qually at 3 on NBCSN.

Track still wet or am I behind on IMSA radio with teams just going to dry tires?
Old 24 Jan 2019, 16:01 (Ref:3878259)   #105
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
My Directv app and Sling show IMSA preview show at 2 and qually at 3 on NBCSN.

Track still wet or am I behind on IMSA radio with teams just going to dry tires?
Gotta be still "damp". 4 GTDs in front of the leading GTLM. I've not seen Roar times, but would assume this is out of the norm...

EDIT: that's changing, ATM
Old 24 Jan 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3878260)   #106
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Gotta be still wet. 4 GTDs in front of the leading GTLM. I've not seen Roar times, but would assume this is out of the norm...

EDIT: that's changing, ATM
Times at the top are down to 1:36, but only a couple cars, rest are 10 seconds back.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 16:24 (Ref:3878265)   #107
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
1:36.1 for the Whelen car to top the time sheets. Not a lot of teams going for speed here early it seems. this afternoon should be better as teams prepare for qualifying.

http://results.imsa.com/Results/19_2...actice%201.PDF
Old 24 Jan 2019, 16:56 (Ref:3878282)   #108
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
It's there online so it should show on the app. If you have the credentials or it's in your TV package, you should have access to it in the app.

https://www.nbcsports.com/live

This is the NBCSN live stream link.
http://stream.nbcsports.com/nbcsn/?referrer=

Cheers! Thx for the reminder!
Now I see it listed at 1pm, swear it wasn't there when I looked earlier
Old 24 Jan 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3878284)   #109
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Now I see it listed at 1pm, swear it wasn't there when I looked earlier
Let's just hope it's better than IMSA's app.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3878289)   #110
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
ALot of discussion about wether or not IMSA TV will be showing Qually in the states. Sadly, since NBCSN will be coveirng live on the TV, the IMSA TV stream will be blocked in the US.

Here is an official post by IMSA on twitter on the matter.

https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/1088463625717796864
Old 24 Jan 2019, 17:58 (Ref:3878299)   #111
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you scroll down the page, it lists the complete Broadcast Schedule, including the various broadcasters. Below that is the Event Schedule.

https://www.imsa.com/events/2019-rolex-24-daytona
Old 24 Jan 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3878300)   #112
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
If you scroll down the page, it lists the complete Broadcast Schedule, including the various broadcasters. Below that is the Event Schedule.

https://www.imsa.com/events/2019-rolex-24-daytona

Looks like I won't be watching unless I do some VPN trickery. Discovery Velocity is a channel that nobody I know gets (I have a pretty extensive/expensive Rogers cable package, and it's not included; I guess I could pay extra for it, which TBH I don't really object to, just haven't sorted it yet). And because of the Velocity live coverage in Canada, apparently the IMSA stream will be geoblocked here.

Thanks, IMSA.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:17 (Ref:3878323)   #113
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I fear we're entering a those who have and don't have access to NBC era, similar to ESPN3 from a few years ago...

We have another thread for that
*sigh*

The NBC broadcast has started with a "lead in program". I'm listening to IMSA radio and watching times.

Quote:
1:36.1 for the Whelen car to top the time sheets. Not a lot of teams going for speed here early it seems. this afternoon should be better as teams prepare for qualifying.

http://results.imsa.com/Results/19_2...actice%201.PDF
1:35:538 from Colin Braun now in P2
EDIT: 1:35:446 from Felipe A.

Order restored in the GT classes with Mags leading the way in GTLM
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:20 (Ref:3878324)   #114
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I'm watching the preview show, had to work from home this afternoon. It is actually really well done and way more interesting than I thought it would be.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3878326)   #115
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I fear we're entering a those who have and don't have access to NBC era, similar to ESPN3 from a few years ago...

We have another thread for that
*sigh*

The NBC broadcast has started with a "lead in program". I'm listening to IMSA radio and watching times.

1:35:538 from Colin Braun now in P2
EDIT: 1:35:446 from Felipe A.

Order restored in the GT classes with Mags leading the way in GTLM
into the 34's for Mazda now. Looks like conditions may be good enough to get the record in qualy
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:23 (Ref:3878327)   #116
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I'm watching the preview show, had to work from home this afternoon. It is actually really well done and way more interesting than I thought it would be.
"Looks" decent through the visuals.

Mazda to the top so there's much rejoicing from the joeb home office...

J Bom w/ a 1:34:672
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:27 (Ref:3878332)   #117
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
And I'm already sick of the Saquon Barkley and Eli Manning Visa commercials...
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3878333)   #118
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Regardless of how we perceive the "street version", pretty sure the track version came first.

And regardless again, it's been homologated, so it races. We can choose to cheer for or against and we know what side I'm on.

I'll fully admit, however, the glowing lights in the rear deck lid area are really cool to see in person at night.
That's what I think. If you get hung up on the fact the race car existed before the street car ran, then the BMW M8 should be called a prototype too. Because right now you can't buy an M8, afaik. And the price gouging is not just exclusive to Ford because you will see the same for any new Ferrari, like the 488 that's in GTE.

Back on topic, is it still calling for rain come qualifying in an hour?
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3878337)   #119
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact that Alex Zanardi is able to actually run this weekend for BMW is incredible given his situation...I hope he wins!
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:41 (Ref:3878338)   #120
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
The Zanardi piece in this preview show is amazing. What a competitor.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3878344)   #121
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
That's what I think. If you get hung up on the fact the race car existed before the street car ran, then the BMW M8 should be called a prototype too. Because right now you can't buy an M8, afaik. And the price gouging is not just exclusive to Ford because you will see the same for any new Ferrari, like the 488 that's in GTE.

Back on topic, is it still calling for rain come qualifying in an hour?
Yup, the M8 is a prototype as well and big as hell, too.

And high end road cars as well as race cars sure are expensive.

Glad we worked that out

Here's the radar - looks clear to me, but they did talk about possible rain again this weekend, but that seems very slight.
https://weather.com/weather/radar/in...US?layer=radar
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3878346)   #122
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Here's the radar - looks clear to me, but they did talk about possible rain again this weekend, but that seems very slight.
https://weather.com/weather/radar/in...US?layer=radar
You know how it is in Florida, the radar is useless and changes at a moments notice. Count on rain and when it's clear count your blessings and drive hard
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3878348)   #123
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
You know how it is in Florida, the radar is useless and changes at a moments notice. Count on rain and when it's clear count your blessings and drive hard
True. 20% chance of Armageddon followed by extreme heat at 1000% humidity.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3878350)   #124
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
NBCSN stream: https://www.twitch.tv/AE_Racer

IMSATV stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifR2YtJPdGA
Old 24 Jan 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3878351)   #125
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does someone has any image in the livestream?