Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:16 (Ref:4036668)   #126
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
HOLY *******ING ****!!!!!

https://twitter.com/FerrariRaces/sta...90989168545801

Inject this news into my veins (and the vaccine)!
Incredible.

We expecting a statement from Matra next?
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:19 (Ref:4036671)   #127
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can I get a Ford to LMH for 10 points please??
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:37 (Ref:4036687)   #128
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pretty exciting....
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:38 (Ref:4036689)   #129
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Awesome news!
I wonder if this will make Porsche reconsider their LMDh commitment
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:40 (Ref:4036694)   #130
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
HOLY *******ING ****!!!!!

https://twitter.com/FerrariRaces/sta...90989168545801

Inject this news into my veins (and the vaccine)!
Wowza!
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:40 (Ref:4036695)   #131
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't wrap my head around it. After years of being teased and led along. Even E-I reporting at one point it was going to be announced. It felt like it would never happen.

This is seismic. And you have to think IMSA are now suddenly scrambling to give LMH more of a look-in too.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:40 (Ref:4036696)   #132
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That is amazing news, the question has to be asked who is next.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:41 (Ref:4036697)   #133
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Easy. That should be you - in 2023.....
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:41 (Ref:4036698)   #134
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Wow! Finally! Ferrari returns!

Please call it the 333SPH
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:41 (Ref:4036699)   #135
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Will this eclipse the glory days of 1998 and 1999?
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4036705)   #136
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
Will this eclipse the glory days of 1998 and 1999?
No, because it's still a BoP circus.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4036710)   #137
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Yes, hi time you made a triumphant return to la sarthe. been far to long since we last saw you there
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4036711)   #138
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Imagine being Aston Martin and chucking away the opportunity to be part of this.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4036712)   #139
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's half a surprise but we have been waiting this for ages.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4036713)   #140
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
No, because it's still a BoP circus.
Don't watch then.....
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4036714)   #141
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Aston's focus to go to F1 seems sillier by the day
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:56 (Ref:4036719)   #142
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
Aston's focus to go to F1 seems sillier by the day
Well it would be nice if they changed their minds. They have a car that is well on the way to being ready
Old 24 Feb 2021, 16:00 (Ref:4036723)   #143
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That 2023 centenary race at Le Mans is looking pretty tasty.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 16:01 (Ref:4036724)   #144
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
I'm guessing Aston see the price of just sponsoring Racing Point's car in F1, and all the eyeballs that will see that livery on TV and via streaming, to be more worthwhile and cheaper(?), versus developing and running their own car for LeMans/WEC
Old 24 Feb 2021, 16:31 (Ref:4036735)   #145
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Dedicated Ferrari return thread

https://www.tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155948
Old 24 Feb 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4036756)   #146
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Don't watch then.....
I probably won't. That's no reason for me though, to not voice my sadness over what has been lost.

And seriously, I am quite puzzled about even long time members of this forum who have been around for some truly epic manufacturer battles getting all that enthusiastic about what is basically just going to be GT3 writ large.

GT3 has made me turn away from the Spa and Nürburgring 24h - and this will probably turn me away from LM.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 18:01 (Ref:4036757)   #147
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I probably won't. That's no reason for me though, to not voice my sadness over what has been lost.

And seriously, I am quite puzzled about even long time members of this forum who have been around for some truly epic manufacturer battles getting all that enthusiastic about what is basically just going to be GT3 writ large.

GT3 has made me turn away from the Spa and Nürburgring 24h - and this will probably turn me away from LM.

That’s a shame. Pretty narrow options for racing that isn’t in some way spec these days.

I personally don’t mind so much about engineering and balancing if it means we get to enjoy a large diverse grids of cars able to battle and race each other for the win

Each to their own of course
Old 24 Feb 2021, 18:18 (Ref:4036762)   #148
Speed-King
Veteran

I realize that this is going to sound super-jaded and/or "old-man-yells-at-the-sky"-like, but anyway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post

I personally don’t mind so much about engineering and balancing if it means we get to enjoy a large diverse grids of cars able to battle and race each other for the win

I used to feel the same about GT3 and I absolutely loved the first few years of Blancpain GT, but over the years it has really blurred into a mess of -admittedly pretty - cars running in circles, where individual races or seasons really don't stand out for me anymore.

When basically all models of cars are competitive for overall victories from their first race, we really don't get the story lines that used to make individual races special in the past, e.g. when Zytek or Dyson managed to finally overcome the Audis after years of trying or when Vitaphone was finally beaten at the Spa 24h.

Without dominators and underdogs and teams that develop their cars over years to finally get them competitive there really isn't anything that makes me root for/against individual teams or manufacturers anymore and in the end, that makes it really hard for me to care anymore.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 18:29 (Ref:4036766)   #149
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
I find GT3 has made the Nurburgring 24 and Spa 24 Hours more exciting than ever - to each his own I guess
Old 24 Feb 2021, 19:23 (Ref:4036774)   #150
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
When basically all models of cars are competitive for overall victories from their first race, we really don't get the story lines that used to make individual races special in the past, e.g. when Zytek or Dyson managed to finally overcome the Audis after years of trying or when Vitaphone was finally beaten at the Spa 24h.

Without dominators and underdogs and teams that develop their cars over years to finally get them competitive there really isn't anything that makes me root for/against individual teams or manufacturers anymore and in the end, that makes it really hard for me to care anymore.
Ahem - The 2021 and beyond positivity thread! -