Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 12 May 2002, 17:42 (Ref:283858)   #1
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
commentator

I come to you with a cry of help. I have my heart set on becoming a motorsport commentator. If any readers or forum chiefs could provide me with contact addresses/emails/phone numbers of experienced commentators such as Ian Tichmarsh or Ben Edwards, I would be delighted.

Anyone's help would be much apreciated.

P.S. It probably goes without saying, but please send details by private message, not publicly posted on the forum.

Thankyou
Old 12 May 2002, 18:22 (Ref:283924)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My advice is try and gte the attention of Gareth Rees, when he is on here.

Also, e mail the Radio Le Mans team over that weekend.
Old 12 May 2002, 23:24 (Ref:284361)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been commentating for a little while now, and have been lucky to work at some big meetings. My best tip would be start at the bottom. Get along to some local club level stuff, get some experience and contacts, then set your sights a bit higher. There's little point in saying that I want to commentate F1, because it probably won't happen. One way you might be able to get started is to stand in the back of the commentary box, and help the commentators spot things on the track- more than likely, one day they'll be short, and you'll get your start.
Old 13 May 2002, 08:28 (Ref:284688)   #4
Spinner
Racer

Spinner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are always asking for young hopefuls at grass tracks meetings, especially at York.
Its a start anyway
Old 13 May 2002, 09:50 (Ref:284765)   #5
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about contacting Team Talk radio (even though I have a bone to pick with them at the moment). Maybe they'd have a trainee/assistant type of job going that'd give you some experience to put on your CV.

Sometimes it's a good idea to try to get similar experience in another field, like working on local radio (or even hospital radio). I know it's not sports commentating but would look good on your CV and half the battle of getting a job is having the relevant experience. Of course you could still go to race meetings at the weekends and try to find an 'in' there.
Good luck.
Old 13 May 2002, 18:16 (Ref:285407)   #6
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are most track commentators willing to let keen-to-commentate "civillians" into the back of the boxes?

Also, Francesca, would you mind posting my topic across other forums, just in case anyone there could help me?

Cheers
Old 13 May 2002, 22:51 (Ref:285730)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
O'Schumacher- Possibly- it depends on the meeting. If you try at some lower levels, where there would be less 'politics' involved in commentary, you might be half a chance. I guess another way might be to befriend the commentators, and tell them lies about how good they are