3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Mar 2024, 04:29 (Ref:4202492)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Australian Grand Prix 2024

How do you rate it?
Old 24 Mar 2024, 08:06 (Ref:4202502)   #2
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched it in a bar in KL, so the atmosphere probably helped a little bit. Not a classic race, but an interesting one, and made substantially more so by not having Verstappen at the front. Nothing against him, he's clearly driving supremely well in general, but it is nice to have a race where you don't know the winner by the end of the second lap. Sainz really drove superbly, and sometimes just that bit of extra hunger when you've missed something and have a bit of a point to prove can make all the difference. Of course, he's also one appendix lighter now of course, so that'll help with weight balance...

Right, I'm off to Sepang for a bit of karting - it's the only Herman Tilke circuit I'm ever likely to drive I think, and it's exactly how you'd expect. Ludicrously wide and with corner after corner and no particular rhythm... Sigh.
Old 24 Mar 2024, 12:52 (Ref:4202524)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought that was a good race but not an outstanding race, with tyre strategy playing an intriguing part. Otherwise, great to see Ferrari capitalise on Verstappen's brake issue and subsequent retirement and getting a 1, 2 finish. 7
Old 24 Mar 2024, 13:03 (Ref:4202528)   #4
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Above average as more competitive than in recent history.

Richard
Old 24 Mar 2024, 13:21 (Ref:4202532)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8 for me. Of course Max retiring early played a part but really also the crowd size and I thought the cars looked really great in the day light.
Old 24 Mar 2024, 13:24 (Ref:4202534)   #6
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
8/10 - Quite interesting.

I was going to downgrade it to 7/10 for the processional strung out bit in the middle of the race, but the Russell crash and intrigue surrounding the Alonso telemetry & stewards decision raised it back to an 8/10.
Old 24 Mar 2024, 14:58 (Ref:4202544)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A 6 from me a good race but not a classic
Old 24 Mar 2024, 16:27 (Ref:4202559)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6 upgraded to a 7 for a different result at last.
Old 24 Mar 2024, 23:43 (Ref:4202634)   #9
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
My last race I attended live before this weekend was Singapore 2023...

I think I need to go to more live races.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 03:47 (Ref:4202639)   #10
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of the better Albert Park races.Proof that Pirelli should be forced to supply tyres for all races that will mean the cars have to do 2 stops.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 03:47 (Ref:4202640)   #11
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
My last race I attended live before this weekend was Singapore 2023...

I think I need to go to more live races.
With that strike rate Carlos might pay for you to attend.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 09:30 (Ref:4202659)   #12
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
7 - not a classic, but the best of the year so far. The recent changes to the track are an improvement certainly. A rare race where one car does not simply drive around at less than 100% effort and disappear into the distance. Feel good story with the winner. McLaren just about close enough to keep Ferrari on their toes. Some close battles in the midfield. Add in a sprinkle of controversy at the end, and it was an interesting race.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 18:01 (Ref:4202749)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
8 for me. Undoubtedly that is partly influenced by Verstappen retiring and a few of my favourite drivers being right at the front end, but it was a good race and plenty of places were in doubt for a big proportion of the race. And it wasn't spoilt by safety cars.
Old Yesterday, 11:18 (Ref:4203133)   #14
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it 5. A bit underwhelming after Max's retirement. I hoped there would be a real fight for the top position. A good win for Carlos.
Old Yesterday, 21:58 (Ref:4203207)   #15
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still got me intrigued why was the race wasn’t red flagged, with a car on its side blocking the track?

Wonder the UK tabloids didn’t run the headline, “ Dirty Spaniard causes our boy George to crash out of Australian Grand Prix!”

In 2007 I was in the UK, when Mr Alonso and Master Hamilton were at McClaren and one of the quality tabloids had the headline, “ Dirty Spaniard cheats our Ron!”