Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Nov 2019, 23:54 (Ref:3942439)   #1226
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
VAG out of all Internal Combustion motorsport - where does that leave Shedden?
Cupra are planning a new ICE TCR car....
Old 24 Nov 2019, 06:39 (Ref:3942488)   #1227
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Same with Plato & Smiley
PMR?
Old 24 Nov 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3942545)   #1228
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
PMR?
I don't have anything to back this up, just thought if Chilton is off to BTC and Butcher is looking at Motorbase then this could also happen
Old 24 Nov 2019, 12:36 (Ref:3942546)   #1229
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why would Butcher want to go to na inferior car/team ?
Old 24 Nov 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3942558)   #1230
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Sometimes the choice of seats comes down to available budget, and other drivers on the market.

If every driver was only motivated to be in the best car, the field would shrink massively.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 14:43 (Ref:3942561)   #1231
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Agreed. The Ford is like a mobile chicane, first Jackson then Chilton anytime they managed to get it near the front all they are doing is defending from faster cars
Old 24 Nov 2019, 15:11 (Ref:3942566)   #1232
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not the car, it's the team that runs them. Motorbase have never been up to the job of being a front line BTCC team for whatever reason. Look at the calibre of driver they've had, and in almost every instance that driver has done worse for Motorbase than elsewhere, sometimes in almost the same car! Take Mat Jackson in 2008 and then 2010. Both years in a similar BMW 320SI, a car that won the championship the year before. Run by Jackson Motorsport with RBM (team that ran Priaulx in E/WTCC) he came second in the championship, only beaten by the dominant Giovanardi in the 888 Vectra. Just two years later he was little more than a midfield runner for Motorbase. Motorbase also never got the same performance out of the Focus that Arena had. I can't claim to be able to provide any insight as to why they are unable to compete at the very front of the grid, just that year in and year out they are amongst the biggest disappointments.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 16:35 (Ref:3942574)   #1233
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
It's not the car, it's the team that runs them. Motorbase have never been up to the job of being a front line BTCC team for whatever reason. Look at the calibre of driver they've had, and in almost every instance that driver has done worse for Motorbase than elsewhere, sometimes in almost the same car! Take Mat Jackson in 2008 and then 2010. Both years in a similar BMW 320SI, a car that won the championship the year before. Run by Jackson Motorsport with RBM (team that ran Priaulx in E/WTCC) he came second in the championship, only beaten by the dominant Giovanardi in the 888 Vectra. Just two years later he was little more than a midfield runner for Motorbase. Motorbase also never got the same performance out of the Focus that Arena had. I can't claim to be able to provide any insight as to why they are unable to compete at the very front of the grid, just that year in and year out they are amongst the biggest disappointments.
Motorbase were using an ngtc engine in the Focus, and running against other NGTC and S2000 powered cars. So not really fair to compare their results against Arena when all cars had same spec engines without any equalization handicaps.
2016 season, Jackson took 5 race wins in the Motorbase Focus which was equalled but not beaten that year, Jackson also led the most laps out of the whole season.
That would be very hard to do for a team that can't run a car.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 16:48 (Ref:3942575)   #1234
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Sometimes the choice of seats comes down to available budget, and other drivers on the market.

If every driver was only motivated to be in the best car, the field would shrink massively.
but Bucther won the indy titles fro them, why would AMD want to change it if it's ain't broke ?

if Butcher was moving to someone like WSR / Dynamics you could udnerstand but going to Motorbase would be a step down
Old 24 Nov 2019, 16:57 (Ref:3942576)   #1235
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I always used to rate Tom Chilton but am beginning to think he's not as sharp as I thought. Let's face it, Michael Caine made him look a bit shabby in the last couple of rounds...
Old 24 Nov 2019, 17:02 (Ref:3942577)   #1236
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’d say Chilton has got better with age, certainly a lot more level headed these days and is a lot more serious about his job
Old 24 Nov 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3942581)   #1237
porsche962fan
Veteran

he peformed best during his Star Wars days
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.jpg  
Old 24 Nov 2019, 17:11 (Ref:3942583)   #1238
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
but Bucther won the indy titles fro them, why would AMD want to change it if it's ain't broke ?
So which is the primary question here?

Why would Butcher leave AmD? Or why would AmD select a different driver over Butcher?

The answer to both though is in the finance.

Prime example - why didn't Turkington defend his title in 2010?
Old 24 Nov 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3942584)   #1239
porsche962fan
Veteran

both ways driver is satisfied with team and team satisfied with driver there is no practical reason to change

and winning rthe indy titles should give a better posiition to attract sponsors
Old 24 Nov 2019, 17:14 (Ref:3942585)   #1240
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
both ways driver is satisfied with team and team satisfied with driver there is no practical reason to change
Finances aren't a practical matter in BTCC?
Old 24 Nov 2019, 17:19 (Ref:3942587)   #1241
porsche962fan
Veteran

so now situation is where AMD is more expensive than Motorbase ?
Old 24 Nov 2019, 17:40 (Ref:3942591)   #1242
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
AmD on this seasons form offer a driver/ sponsor a very competitive ride capable of top 10 solidly with a smattering of silverware. Motorbase offer a car way past it's best. And arguably lack top drawer engineering staff. I'd pay Shaun more than Dave for a ride, that's for sure. But if I had the licence and the money tree it would be Dick I'd really want to drive for.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 18:09 (Ref:3942593)   #1243
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
so now situation is where AMD is more expensive than Motorbase ?
I don't know. Do you know the cost of each seat?
Old 24 Nov 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3942597)   #1244
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Announcement coming from Carl Boardley soon...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...91573397625846
Old 24 Nov 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3942603)   #1245
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i reckon the amd drive will be more expensive than motorbase, its the whole package that has to be taken into account including corporate etc... give rory a fk8 and he will challenge for the title, would love to see him and his bro in law in a team together
Old 24 Nov 2019, 20:17 (Ref:3942606)   #1246
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
AmD on this seasons form offer a driver/ sponsor a very competitive ride capable of top 10 solidly with a smattering of silverware. Motorbase offer a car way past it's best. And arguably lack top drawer engineering staff. I'd pay Shaun more than Dave for a ride, that's for sure. But if I had the licence and the money tree it would be Dick I'd really want to drive for.
‘Offer’ Offered maybe, there might be something more temping that we don’t know about yet! Either in the way of main sponsor (reducing the cost of the ride) or in terms of car or maybe even both!?!
Old 24 Nov 2019, 22:33 (Ref:3942622)   #1247
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like next week could be interesting with laser, hard and boardley with an announcement. Do we think there will still be 30 cars or maybe less
Old 25 Nov 2019, 06:50 (Ref:3942692)   #1248
Pickles
Veteran

I think there will still be 30 cars.
Old 25 Nov 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3942703)   #1249
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
Looks like next week could be interesting with laser, hard and boardley with an announcement. Do we think there will still be 30 cars or maybe less
I think Boardley and HARD will be the same announcement.

And I expect Crees to be confirmed at HARD before the New Year too.
Old 25 Nov 2019, 11:05 (Ref:3942710)   #1250
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I had a dream last night that Colin ended up joining Motorbase. Not sure where that came from!