Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Dec 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3945271)   #1726
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Looking at Harlequin's Exceler8 prices against the Motorbase team wear from Dread for this year, Dread's T shirts were a fiver cheaper, polo shirts were the same price. Dread's jackets were fleece as opposed to harlequins soft shell but the Dread jackets were £10 cheaper.
Suppose it depends what your looking at, I have bought a new MG top each year (guess ill have to get something different in 2020) Initially I was surprised to see 2019 teamwear out at round 1 (Dread didnt), I know the jackets were cheaper than I have seen within Dread's tent - just checking now a "softshell" for TPC retails on Harlequin for £70, whilst a Cataclean or Honda Yuasa "softshell" on Dread is £120, (couple such as Simpson were cheaper but still £90, and your right they do have a cheaper jacket for some teams)

Either way, the positive from me is having stuff ready for round 1 which I can wear to the 3 or 4 events during the season, not having to wait till mid season to pick it up
Old 6 Dec 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3945272)   #1727
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
Suppose it depends what your looking at, I have bought a new MG top each year (guess ill have to get something different in 2020) Initially I was surprised to see 2019 teamwear out at round 1 (Dread didnt), I know the jackets were cheaper than I have seen within Dread's tent - just checking now a "softshell" for TPC retails on Harlequin for £70, whilst a Cataclean or Honda Yuasa "softshell" on Dread is £120, (couple such as Simpson were cheaper but still £90, and your right they do have a cheaper jacket for some teams)

Either way, the positive from me is having stuff ready for round 1 which I can wear to the 3 or 4 events during the season, not having to wait till mid season to pick it up
Dealt with Harlequin a few times over the season and they were great, sponsors were very happy with them and the quality of the teamwear was very good.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 19:55 (Ref:3945274)   #1728
mj088
Racer

Also the couple that were serving were a lot more engaging, wanting to talk about how long ive been going to watch motor racing, who I follow, what sort of things I buy, asking what i thought of their designs and their stuff, just generally wanting to have a chat and being interested in their customers rather than just "£30 please" which is all I normally have from the guys in the Dread tents.

I know its all flap to get you to buy something but I felt they were making a lot of effort to engage as well as sell.

I might be wrong but I think a lot of their stuff was half price at the final round (BMR gear for sure)
Old 6 Dec 2019, 22:33 (Ref:3945286)   #1729
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dread's postage and packaging is extortionate. Glad they have competition.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 08:44 (Ref:3945333)   #1730
Liquoriceman
Racer

England
Lancashire
Liquoriceman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Harlequin are clearing some stock through ebay. Just bought myself a soft shell for £40 +£3p&p

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 7 Dec 2019, 09:44 (Ref:3945337)   #1731
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also the couple that were serving were a lot more engaging, wanting to talk about how long ive been going to watch motor racing, who I follow, what sort of things I buy, asking what i thought of their designs and their stuff, just generally wanting to have a chat and being interested in their customers rather than just "£30 please" which is all I normally have from the guys in the Dread tents.

I know its all flap to get you to buy something but I felt they were making a lot of effort to engage as well as sell.
The bloke who used to run the Dread stall was always chatty. Sadly he died a few years back.

Personally, I just want to buy my stuff and go, I have lots of other stuff to see and do, rather than spend time chatting.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 13:30 (Ref:3945366)   #1732
mj088
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquoriceman View Post
Harlequin are clearing some stock through ebay. Just bought myself a soft shell for £40 +£3p&p

Man, your going to be sooo last season
Old 7 Dec 2019, 13:40 (Ref:3945368)   #1733
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
...bit like some of the cars on track
Old 7 Dec 2019, 13:49 (Ref:3945370)   #1734
mj088
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
...bit like some of the cars on track
Well....most of their stuff is MG or Subaru related who im pretty sure wont be on track (no MG logo's on Exceler8 gear at least)

Although the TPC stuff being sold off looks good.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3945371)   #1735
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
https://previews.123rf.com/images/pi...ackground-.jpg
Old 7 Dec 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3945436)   #1736
Liquoriceman
Racer

England
Lancashire
Liquoriceman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well....most of their stuff is MG or Subaru related who im pretty sure wont be on track (no MG logo's on Exceler8 gear at least)

Although the TPC stuff being sold off looks good.
No manufacturer logo - Exactly so not so stupid after all!

Old 8 Dec 2019, 10:07 (Ref:3945528)   #1737
mj088
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquoriceman View Post
No manufacturer logo - Exactly so not so stupid after all!

Who said any comment was "stupid"? I think you have missed the irony of being "so last season", this phrase is used in the fashion world for things which are no longer the thing to have and generally avoided, here we are buying things purposely that are a season old...

Last time I checked, Subaru had pulled out and its questionable what level of BMR branding we will see.
Why would you want to buy gear being sold off to turn up dressed to support a team and car which isn't competing?

We have no idea what the Exceler8 stuff for next year will look like so at the moment point pretty much stands.

You go ahead, wear your stuff with pride, don't take everything as an attack

Last edited by mj088; 8 Dec 2019 at 10:35.
Old 8 Dec 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3945533)   #1738
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Who said any comment was "stupid"? I think you have missed the irony of being "so last season", this phrase is used in the fashion world for things which are no longer the thing to have and generally avoided, here we are buying things purposely that are a season old...

Last time I checked, Subaru had pulled out and its questionable what level of BMR branding we will see.

Why would you want to buy gear being sold off to turn up dressed to support a team and car which isn't competing?

We have no idea what the Exceler8 stuff for next year will look like so at the moment point stands.

You go ahead, wear your stuff with pride
I think you've taken his comment a bit too personally...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Dec 2019, 10:37 (Ref:3945534)   #1739
mj088
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
I think you've taken his comment a bit too personally...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Because I backed up a point? He took it I was calling him stupid when what I said was based on a fact!

clothing is a volitile issue, let's go back to everyone just saying "I know something you don't know" repeatedly and debating who makes the best presented lists.

Last edited by mj088; 8 Dec 2019 at 10:44.
Old 8 Dec 2019, 23:25 (Ref:3945634)   #1740
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
That does it, I'm gonna dig my Team Atomic Kitten fleece out of the loft... why be one season out of date when you can be 17!!!

(Where in the heck does time go?!)
Old 9 Dec 2019, 06:05 (Ref:3945648)   #1741
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
That does it, I'm gonna dig my Team Atomic Kitten fleece out of the loft... why be one season out of date when you can be 17!!!

(Where in the heck does time go?!)
I still wear my 93 ICS Ford team jacket from time to time.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 06:50 (Ref:3945650)   #1742
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A quick glance around the crowd at any BTCC meeting will tell you that wearing the current gear is far from a concern to many. Heck, even wearing BTCC gear seems to be of no concern, when you see the F1, MotoGP, Superbikes, WRC etc. clothing being worn.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 09:06 (Ref:3945659)   #1743
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's now been officially confirmed. Colin back with WSR and BMW for 2020

BTW it's nice to see Dick Bennetts honoured at the Autosport Awards with the Gregor Grant award, not a moment too soon
Old 9 Dec 2019, 09:15 (Ref:3945663)   #1744
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So with Colin confirmed, does that make AJ in a BMW less likely?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 09:18 (Ref:3945664)   #1745
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
TeamCarDriverNotes

Confirmed Entries   
Excelr8Hyundai i30Smith ?Confirmed in press release - want to retain driver lineup
Excelr8Hyundai i30Osborne ?Confirmed in press release - want to retain driver lineup
Team DynamicsHonda CivicCammish2yr contract confirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda CivicNealConfirmed as driver pairing in press release
WSRBMW 330iOliphantReported as continuing next year with the team
WSRBMW 330iTurkingtonConfirmed in press release
WSRBMW 330i???On TBL Entry List
Power MaxedVauxhall ?PlatoTalked about engine / chassis developments for 2020 in interview
Power MaxedVauxhall ????On TBL Entry List
SpeedworksToyota CorollaIngramConfirmed Ginsters backing for 2020 in article
Laser Tools (Aiden Moffat Racing)Infiniti Q50MoffatConfirmed in press release
Laser Tools (Team BMR)Infiniti Q50SuttonConfirmed in press release
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-Class ?RowbottomConfirmed entry in Facebook post
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-Class ?MorganBrands Hatch summary confirms 2020 return
HARDVW CCGoffOn BTCC.net (and others)
HARDVW CCBushellOn BTCC.net (and others)
HARDVW CC???On TBL Entry List
HARDBMW 125iBoardleyOn BTCC.net (and others)
AmD (Cobra)Honda CivicNot 2019 driver(s)Confirmed in social media post
AmD (Cobra)Honda CivicNot 2019 driver(s)Confirmed in social media post
AmD (Trade Price)??????On TBL Entry List
AmD (Trade Price)??????On TBL Entry List
BTC RacingHonda CivicSmiley?Social media post said returning, with picture of cars and drivers
BTC RacingHonda CivicCook?Social media post said returning, with picture of cars and drivers
BTC RacingHonda Civic???On TBL Entry List
MotorbaseFord Focus???On TBL Entry List
Simpson RacingHonda Civic?Simpson?On TBL Entry List - Rumoured to have vocalised a withdrawal
Team ParkerBMW ????On TBL Entry List

Likely Entries   
HARDVW CCCrees?tags HARD on social media

Possible Entries   
???Jag ?CreesRumoured by Crees in a Facebook interview
Not Motorbase???ChiltonHas been critical of the Focus in the press
??????EdwardsHas stated that she no longer drives in Clio Cup. Website is worded to suggest she is on the grid for 2020
HARDVW CCThompson?Claims to have exciting 2020 news on social media soon
HARDVW CCCoates?Gilham #tagging?

Entries with doubt   
??????SheddenSpeculation about wanting a return
??????M.JacksonLinked to half of the teams on the grid
??????BlundellStated that he is undecided about a 2020 return
???Subaru Levorg???Car not viable as NGTC entry
???Subaru Levorg???Car not viable as NGTC entry
???MB A-Class???Car on sale from Laser Tools
???MG6???Excelr8 switched to Hyundai
???MG6???Excelr8 switched to Hyundai
WSR?BMW 330i?JordanLost Pirtek sponsorship, says he wants to stay in the BTCC, but only with WSR

Old 9 Dec 2019, 09:25 (Ref:3945666)   #1746
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and details will be revealed shortly about the remainder of its line-up for 2020.

have a feeling AJ won't be back
Old 9 Dec 2019, 09:35 (Ref:3945668)   #1747
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why are there two lists taking up 3/4's of my screen rather than just one? Is this a willy measuring contest that I've missed?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3945670)   #1748
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone read the Autosport article about who's is the best Champion, Turkington, Rouse or Plato Autosport reckon Rouse ....not in my book
Old 9 Dec 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3945671)   #1749
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to have Colin confirmed, finally he's regularly able to defend his crown and stay at WSR year after year. I'm sure BMW's involvement is in part responsible for it.

According to Motorsport.com WSR's full lineup will be revealed soon so I assume no AJ there and likely no AJ in BTCC (maybe there's some chance for BTC?)
Old 9 Dec 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3945674)   #1750
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Great to have Colin confirmed, finally he's regularly able to defend his crown and stay at WSR year after year. I'm sure BMW's involvement is in part responsible for it.

According to Motorsport.com WSR's full lineup will be revealed soon so I assume no AJ there and likely no AJ in BTCC (maybe there's some chance for BTC?)
jordan will be at wsr again