Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Dec 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3873122)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
GRAND PRIX DE L'AGE D'OR

Peter Auto annual visit and always very popular. Likely to be very crowded paddock with added grids to include Formula Junior Lurani and Jaguar Challenge.

Best arrive very early....
Old 30 Dec 2018, 10:23 (Ref:3873132)   #2
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might have to go on a little roadtrip for this one.Hopefully grids will be a little bigger wih no LMC.They were big anyway!
Old 18 Apr 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3898345)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike, it will be interesting to see you at Dijon with your helmet on. Will the shiny be a competitor as any other, a client, a friend, a bloke? You already said its the most developed of the three but c'on, once on the track you'll do your best! Shiny or not, red or green, beat them all!
Old 18 Apr 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3898421)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Of course Gerard, always! Back in 2013 at Portimao I managed to lap the shiny car with the red one (on the way to P2, best modern result for an SLR)- but in those days the former was not as healthy as it is now.... Both are racing together at Donington in 3 weeks on Dunlop’s, then at Dijon on Avon’s, so the excuses for both teams are ready!

The meeting (and paddock) will be hectic, as there are also races for FJ and Jag Challenge along with PA’s usual.....
Old 18 Apr 2019, 16:17 (Ref:3898429)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike I'm not disappointed at all you are a competitor. I wonder how the 26R team can prepare an appropriated response to the massive SLR attack! Go flat out et que le meilleur gagne. Just hope this one will be English… My vote is already done.
Old 10 May 2019, 16:18 (Ref:3903021)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Provisional entry lists just emailed to competitors, even though we’ve got Spa to come yet! 60s Endurance has 60 cars entered (max circuit allowance), with 18 reserves. If all those turn up, qualifying will be pretty chaotic....
Old 10 May 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3903022)   #7
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPAO2019_60s_Liste_engagés_4.pdf
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 10 May 2019, 17:05 (Ref:3903028)   #8
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I dont believe they will accept so many cars even for FP. Good luck to the Spitfire driver!
Old 10 May 2019, 17:52 (Ref:3903036)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I dont believe they will accept so many cars even for FP. Good luck to the Spitfire driver!
Yes, 18 reserves is well over the top... My guess / hope is that some will drop out before the event.....
Old 10 May 2019, 19:15 (Ref:3903051)   #10
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You must remember that last year PA people seemed a little bit worried about the Brexit effect on their business. Nothing to worry about at the moment, they just drag to many competitors!
Re driving a Spitfire in this kind of field doesn't make you confident, I do remember my feelings during the Spa 6 Hours!
Old 16 May 2019, 08:25 (Ref:3904086)   #11
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I will be visiting.
Old 28 May 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3906498)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
While work continues to have a car in working order for 60s Endurance, I’ve at least found out why cabins on the outbound ferry were fully booked- D Day commemorations ..... Fortunately a cancellation means I’ll be able to snore away to my hearts content!

Weather looking good, at least temperature-wise. Although there’s been the odd cold wet l’Age d’Or, most seem to be on the hot side. Not sure if delta will be there with the Lurani FJ family?

Last edited by Mike Bell; 28 May 2019 at 16:45. Reason: Better word...
Old 28 May 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3906501)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yep. Full team.
Old 28 May 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3906504)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Good. Any idea where FJ will be in paddock?

The 60s Endurance reserves list has been pegged at 5 cars, and others not fortunate enough to be included have been invited to enter the Jaguar Challenge instead, even if not racing a Jag. Think that grid was relatively small.....
Old 28 May 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3906523)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Guess where we always are Mike. Up the Hill first paddock.
Old 28 May 2019, 16:15 (Ref:3906548)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Guess where we always are Mike. Up the Hill first paddock.
Mmm, any space for my little truck?
Old 28 May 2019, 18:19 (Ref:3906565)   #17
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wondering if there is any event entry list available?

Unusual to not have it on the PA website with less than 2 weeks to go.
Old 28 May 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3906570)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I’ve only seen the 60s list as on post #10.
Old 29 May 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3906754)   #19
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Entry lists on line…
Old 29 May 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3906760)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yep, info starting to emerge....... As expected, paddock very short of room!
Old 29 May 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3906796)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Just noticed the name of the second driver in the Opel Commodore, Gerard!
Old 30 May 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3907026)   #22
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just noticed the name of the second driver in the Opel Commodore, Gerard!
All the best people are 2nd drivers!
Mag 7's #60
Old 30 May 2019, 19:17 (Ref:3907028)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
All the best people are 2nd drivers!
With that I cannot disagree...... BTW we need a Union Jack for our little enclave in the tented area.....
Old 30 May 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3907031)   #24
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Will bring my Union Jack underpants then....
Mag 7's #60
Old 31 May 2019, 06:08 (Ref:3907098)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes Mike, it's a surprise for me too and was the case at Spa just before checks! I know this car and at the moment it would be rejected at MOT!
In the area of any historic meeting, "others" need a signal!