Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 16 Jan 2007, 10:38 (Ref:1816392)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New Design

Yes, there's a new design. I'm sure some will like it and some will not, and many won't notice.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 10:52 (Ref:1816397)   #2
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some tried to change it in liquid then realised it had been changed....

Little "heavy" (dark I mean) but like it.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 10:53 (Ref:1816398)   #3
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
wow, just hit the refresh button - bling!
I like it, Ta.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 10:54 (Ref:1816399)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It will go with your sun tan Al
Old 16 Jan 2007, 11:10 (Ref:1816417)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I dont mind the new design, but I would prefer the old Liquid style. Better yet a choice of the new design or the old Liquid style.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 11:31 (Ref:1816437)   #6
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw it and said, NIIICE!
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 16 Jan 2007, 12:11 (Ref:1816462)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Personally I dont mind the new design, but I would prefer the old Liquid style. Better yet a choice of the new design or the old Liquid style.
Inclined to agree there, but you can't please everyone
Old 16 Jan 2007, 12:22 (Ref:1816472)   #8
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, it's okay, i'll wait until i can see it on my home pc, that actually has a decent resolution (ie... above 800x600, unlike this school pc). The new post icons will take some getting used to, so i'll resevrve judgement untill i've used it for a few days.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1816494)   #9
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still the old pre 2005 retro design goes for me.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 13:55 (Ref:1816560)   #10
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll get back to you on it....

I don't think you can miss it - I'm the most unobservant person I know and it hit me like a brick!
Old 16 Jan 2007, 14:44 (Ref:1816605)   #11
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And I'm visually impaired and noticed straight away! It's lovely, much more defined. Thank you Ten-Tenths
Old 16 Jan 2007, 14:59 (Ref:1816620)   #12
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it. But it might be a bit too bright for me to easily dive into it from my desk at work. Could you perhaps redo the colors in teal and brick yellow (blech) to match our company's intranet site colors?
Old 16 Jan 2007, 15:17 (Ref:1816636)   #13
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflagger
I like it. But it might be a bit too bright for me to easily dive into it from my desk at work.
Interestingly the only colour that's "added" is the border around the top logo the rest of the design uses colours derived from the previous colour scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflagger
Could you perhaps redo the colors in teal and brick yellow (blech) to match our company's intranet site colors?
Sure, send $100 and a sample of your companys intranet design and I'll make it match almost exactly
Old 16 Jan 2007, 15:53 (Ref:1816658)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I don't like it.

The old liquid stylesheet looks much better. The black and blue is to dark compared to the other colors.

Also the icons on the left of the screen are not my taste.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 15:57 (Ref:1816661)   #15
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now this is a pleasant surprise!!

Looks very good and I'm sure it will work out fine.
Keep up the very good work.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 16:44 (Ref:1816696)   #16
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
I'm finding a weird problem with it. Come straight into ten-tenths & I get the 'liquid' skin. Try to change it to 'solid', or anything else for that matter & I can't. However, if I come in via a link on another website I can make the change!

(I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.1)
Old 16 Jan 2007, 16:49 (Ref:1816699)   #17
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Any time you enter the forum by going to tentenths.com and then into the forum the skin will be reset to the default (new) liquid style.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 17:29 (Ref:1816736)   #18
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Well I'm not too sure whether I like the old liquid or the new one or maybe I would prefer the old solid in the new style but either way I like it....I think.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 17:37 (Ref:1816747)   #19
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't mind it, although the black is a bit strong.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 17:49 (Ref:1816762)   #20
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Historic RAF Tangmere, West Sussex
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I thought my wife had cleaned my glasses.
Then worked out it was different.
Makes the whole thing look brighter.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 18:00 (Ref:1816768)   #21
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something Completely Different

Ooooooh, pretty!

Did anyone else notice the "Return to Top" link at the bottom of the page?

Old 16 Jan 2007, 18:05 (Ref:1816776)   #22
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitmarshal
Makes the whole thing look brighter.
I'd go with that. Makes it look smarter and crisper almost...

Good job guys.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 18:19 (Ref:1816794)   #23
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed it...and it's ok. I'm not overfussed on the layout of a forum, as long as I can read it properly and it is not ridiculously bright colours...
Old 16 Jan 2007, 18:23 (Ref:1816796)   #24
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Reply

Another new feature has been provided! The little arrow in the "Last Post" column that enables one to "Go to the Last Post" directly.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 18:43 (Ref:1816810)   #25
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brighter and crisper alright, that's for sure - and I like that!
I don't much care for the icons on the left-hand side of the forums though - a little too garish for my eyes!

Otherwise, good work tenths-team!