Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 Aug 2019, 20:29 (Ref:3922339)   #11
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When I raced, I never really worried too much about how the car looked; I always felt that it was more important how quickly it went.

However, the girlfriend of a clubmans' car, a Lotus 7 if I remember well, always made sure that after she had finished making his car spick and span, would come over to my car and give it a good polish. The girlfriend, who later married the driver, used to work at a restaurant/coffee bar that I helped manage so I actually met her before they got together.

We seemed to always be at the same meetings, and she always made a point of inspecting the car before I went to the collection area, and would check that all the fasteners were properly closed up, and that everything externally was ship-shape. A bit of a talisman, if you like. Of course, on one of the rare times that she wasn't around, nobody checked the car before I went out to practice, and so nobody noticed that the bonnet fasteners were undone. Result, one fibreglass bonnet went flying, luckily without damage to either the bonnet or the car.