Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Dec 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3948074)   #876
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I remember EB to be a great fan of Emerson…
Old 22 Dec 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3948079)   #877
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No joy on Post 820 then?

Seems like I have been too clever, therefore a clue or two;

The cars are all in the correct order, and the first one is 'T' type MG.

Come on chaps we can do it.
Old 22 Dec 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3948083)   #878
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Is RBS looking for something like tea for two? How do you spell the last one? 911, 67, Replica, 2.7, RS or Touring?

Awkward kweschion: by clever you mean obscure…
Old 22 Dec 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3948085)   #879
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=Gerard C;3948083]Is RBS looking for something like tea for two? How do you spell the last one? 911, 67, Replica, 2.7, RS or Touring?

Awkward kweschion: by clever you mean obscure…[/QUOT

Do I have to spell it out for you, the answer is a number of puzzles, (that's another clue)
Old 22 Dec 2019, 19:19 (Ref:3948087)   #880
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You know French, do you? Take a piece of paper, cut it in two parts and you've already got a puzzle!!
T E and finishing with C may be?
Not Joyeux Noël then…

Last edited by Gerard C; 22 Dec 2019 at 19:31.
Old 22 Dec 2019, 20:03 (Ref:3948093)   #881
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
You know French, do you? Take a piece of paper, cut it in two parts and you've already got a puzzle!!
T E and finishing with C may be?
Not Joyeux Noël then…
A 'T' type MG, an E-type Jaguar, and 'A' type Connaught, am Invicta 'S', an ERA 'E' type and a Porsche 'RS'.
Old 22 Dec 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3948095)   #882
bauble
Veteran

England
Clearing out the folder;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0885.JPG   IMG_0908.JPG   IMG_0894.JPG  

IMG_0890.JPG   IMG_0901.JPG   IMG_0899.JPG  

Old 22 Dec 2019, 20:38 (Ref:3948102)   #883
bauble
Veteran

England
MG's various.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0506.JPG   MGBa.JPG   MGBb.JPG  

MGBd.jpg   MGBe.JPG   MGBf.JPG  

Old 22 Dec 2019, 20:39 (Ref:3948104)   #884
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
A 'T' type MG, an E-type Jaguar, and 'A' type Connaught, am Invicta 'S', an ERA 'E' type and a Porsche 'RS'.
Waiting for the comment of our Monday morning quarter back… EB???
Old 22 Dec 2019, 23:37 (Ref:3948123)   #885
bauble
Veteran

England
We go back to 2009 for these shots from the BTCC round at Silverstone, a few familiar names on the cars;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1622.JPG   IMG_1531.JPG   IMG_1523.JPG  

IMG_1532.JPG   IMG_1555.JPG   IMG_1582.JPG  

Old 23 Dec 2019, 06:23 (Ref:3948150)   #886
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
It was the ERA and Invicta types that threw me- very clever, Bob!
Old 23 Dec 2019, 07:26 (Ref:3948157)   #887
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sorry Bob, very clever if Mike says so. Stupid I am, I thought we were looking for something like TEASERS but know with your explanations I am a little bit "puzzled"…
What does MJCIEP means? Anyone an idea? EB may be…
Old 23 Dec 2019, 07:52 (Ref:3948164)   #888
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Sorry Bob, very clever if Mike says so. Stupid I am, I thought we were looking for something like TEASERS but know with your explanations I am a little bit "puzzled"…
What does MJCIEP means? Anyone an idea? EB may be…
I was on the TEASERS trail as well, but I had little hope as I am not good at crossword puzzles! As for MJCIEP I am completely in the dark, if not confused.
Old 23 Dec 2019, 07:59 (Ref:3948165)   #889
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I was on the TEASERS trail as well, but I had little hope as I am not good at crossword puzzles! As for MJCIEP I am completely in the dark, if not confused.
Baub gave you that in his answer:
A 'T' type MG, an E-type Jaguar, and 'A' type Connaught, am Invicta 'S', an ERA 'E' type and a Porsche 'RS'
Old 23 Dec 2019, 08:01 (Ref:3948166)   #890
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Come on EB, you know Gerry

MG, Jaguar, Connaught, Invicta, ERA, Porsche
Old 23 Dec 2019, 08:02 (Ref:3948167)   #891
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Baub gave you that in his answer:
A 'T' type MG, an E-type Jaguar, and 'A' type Connaught, am Invicta 'S', an ERA 'E' type and a Porsche 'RS'
Once again I'm pipped by Viv
Old 23 Dec 2019, 08:29 (Ref:3948169)   #892
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was all to clever for me!!
Old 23 Dec 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3948176)   #893
bauble
Veteran

England
Never mind RB, you do star in the marshal's video.

NO quiz just pictures;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0612.jpg   IMG_0625.JPG   IMG_1706.jpg  

IMG_4894.JPG   IMG_6952.JPG   people 040.JPG  

Old 23 Dec 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3948179)   #894
bauble
Veteran

England
More clearance bargains.
Attached Thumbnails
Odd 1.JPG   Odd 2.JPG   Odd 3.JPG  

Odd 4.JPG   Odd 5.jpg   Odd 6.JPG  

Old 23 Dec 2019, 14:11 (Ref:3948216)   #895
bauble
Veteran

England
Certain individuals living abroad have asked about the identity of our 'Demon Puzzle Solver' RBS. For their interest I can advise that he is the chap on the left stuffing his face with a sausage roll. No prizes for identifying the make).
The (other) Bob is a good friend of mine, at least until he reads this post.

You may wish to visit the Marshals Forum and view Merry Christmas All.
Attached Thumbnails
Marshals 2.JPG  
Old 23 Dec 2019, 15:37 (Ref:3948232)   #896
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aah ! the unimproveable giallofly 1961 Alfa Giulietta Sprint Zagato ! Drum brakes but an excellent endurance racer. I drove it to Spa, Chimay and Dijon to race, always reliable and amazing how much race-gear you could cram into it. Ten years of fun. I sold it to Richard Frankel who sold it to Paul Chase-Gardner. Now in the USA, owned by a collecting couple who buy yellow Italian cars. Its racing days seem to be over, sadly...
Nick
Old 23 Dec 2019, 16:33 (Ref:3948237)   #897
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
Aah ! the unimproveable giallofly 1961 Alfa Giulietta Sprint Zagato ! Drum brakes but an excellent endurance racer. I drove it to Spa, Chimay and Dijon to race, always reliable and amazing how much race-gear you could cram into it. Ten years of fun. I sold it to Richard Frankel who sold it to Paul Chase-Gardner. Now in the USA, owned by a collecting couple who buy yellow Italian cars. Its racing days seem to be over, sadly...
Nick
All that and drop-dead gorgeous as well!
Old 23 Dec 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3948240)   #898
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Bob. Are you going to publish pictures of every one on this thread so I can recognise them please?
Old 23 Dec 2019, 17:32 (Ref:3948243)   #899
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Great pleasure to see you for real, rbs, and always amazed by your knowledge. Merry Christmas to you and all.
Old 23 Dec 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3948246)   #900
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Thanks Bob. Are you going to publish pictures of every one on this thread so I can recognise them please?
I was only going to put up the good looking ones, RB