Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Mar 2006, 08:14 (Ref:1563101)   #51
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

Since the development series has been mentioned - could someone please give me a rough (or not so rough if you like) estimate of the costs involved in running for a season? If you don't want to put in the forum please PM me
Old 28 Mar 2006, 08:20 (Ref:1563106)   #52
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, it'd be quite interesting to hear a few guess-timates on what the thoughts on running a competitive but not O.T.T:

NZV8
GT3
Toyota Racing Series Car
Formula Ford
Formula First

It'd be interesting to see exactly what sort of bang for the buck each class offers (On the assumption that your leasing or reselling everything you buy so you don't have the capital outlay included in running a season).
Old 28 Mar 2006, 08:22 (Ref:1563108)   #53
Tracie
Rookie

Tracie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jjd

we need the utes here like a hole in the head

we have already discussed on here that we have too many classes and you are suggesting that we bring another one in

I believe that we need to have three levels for single seaters (already got that) and a similar progression level for tintops leading up to NZV8 with perhaps something similar for modified cars leading up to a class like Tranzams or Super GT's
Old 28 Mar 2006, 08:22 (Ref:1563109)   #54
jjd
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
jjd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli
Actually, it'd be quite interesting to hear a few guess-timates on what the thoughts on running a competitive but not O.T.T:

NZV8
GT3
Toyota Racing Series Car
Formula Ford-minus the Kent engine and up to the new specs.
Formula First

It'd be interesting to see exactly what sort of bang for the buck each class offers.
Just added a note in your post
Old 28 Mar 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1563111)   #55
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax
the order isn't the same 911
After reading your post again, I see what you were talking about.
Sorry...it's been a long day.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1563119)   #56
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie
jjd

we have already discussed on here that we have too many classes and you are suggesting that we bring another one in
Agree Tracie.
With the introduction of the new mini class soon, we certainly don't need any more classes.
Anyway, utes are slow and cowboyish (not sure whether that's a word or not) and would only attract an element of society we don't need turning up to race meetings.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 08:43 (Ref:1563124)   #57
fat boy
Rookie

New Zealand
fat boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
Agree Tracie.
With the introduction of the new mini class soon, we certainly don't need any more classes.
Anyway, utes are slow and cowboyish (not sure whether that's a word or not) and would only attract an element of society we don't need turning up to race meetings.
Good God 911 I do believe you are going soft !!!!
Old 28 Mar 2006, 08:49 (Ref:1563129)   #58
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
no worries 911

so are we going to start a HSV Clubsport series along with the utes? i hope no one in australia starts a XR6 series... otherwise while want to start one too lol personally i'd like to see a space left open at tier 1 meets for a smaller class like pro 7's, ss2000, central muscle cars, etc (along with a space for the tier 2 cars) it doesn't have to be the same class at every meeting.. but it will be great if these classes get to run with the big boys. plus tv time would help them secure sponsorship money. well hopefully it would help them.

the bridgestone porsche series can have the auckland meets.. we down here will take the muscles cars
Old 28 Mar 2006, 08:51 (Ref:1563130)   #59
jjd
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
jjd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
jjd

I believe that we need to have three levels for single seaters (already got that) and a similar progression level for tintops leading up to NZV8 with perhaps something similar for modified cars leading up to a class like Tranzams or Super GT's
Single seaters in NZ is outdated and a waste of time, untill FF adopts the ZETEC engine, TraNZams crash and burnt along time ago, Super GT's/SS2000 could work well. Yet only enoungh money to go around, bang for buck is utes, just look at the Manfield turn out, no one would of showed otherwise...( Manfield knew that, good deal done on their part )
Old 28 Mar 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1563135)   #60
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy
Good God 911 I do believe you are going soft !!!!
I'm on my best behaviour Fatboy.
I Don't want the points tally getting too high now do I.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 09:02 (Ref:1563139)   #61
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
no worries 911

so are we going to start a HSV Clubsport series along with the utes? i hope no one in australia starts a XR6 series... otherwise while want to start one too lol personally i'd like to see a space left open at tier 1 meets for a smaller class like pro 7's, ss2000, central muscle cars, etc (along with a space for the tier 2 cars) it doesn't have to be the same class at every meeting.. but it will be great if these classes get to run with the big boys. plus tv time would help them secure sponsorship money. well hopefully it would help them.

the bridgestone porsche series can have the auckland meets.. we down here will take the muscles cars
Just when we were getting on Promax, you had to ruin it with your last statement...lol
Old 28 Mar 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1563144)   #62
fat boy
Rookie

New Zealand
fat boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
no worries 911

Perhaps we could start a soft top class and Keener interested
Old 28 Mar 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1563150)   #63
Tracie
Rookie

I just do not see where utes would fit into a big picture - from a competition point of view - they really would not lead to anywhere

agree that FF need to adtop Zetec engine

agree that SS2000and Sports Saloons should run together but need a common name - the same with Super Six and Commodore Cup - these should also combine

but take Super GT, Muscle Cars, Tranzams could all run together - the quicker ones have similar lap times and perhaps in this NZ Modified Saloon class there could be a tier system built on lap times - Taupo had a very interesting system for their clubmans A and B - there was a lap time requirement - they would promote clubmans A at some meetings and clubmans B at others

an important issue is the various levels that they run at - notice for Taupo Easter meeting there are heaps of classes and with the new length of their track I hope they have lights
Old 28 Mar 2006, 09:40 (Ref:1563154)   #64
jjd
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
I just do not see where utes would fit into a big picture - from a competition point of view - they really would not lead to anywhere

agree that FF need to adtop Zetec engine

agree that SS2000and Sports Saloons should run together but need a common name - the same with Super Six and Commodore Cup - these should also combine

but take Super GT, Muscle Cars, Tranzams could all run together - the quicker ones have similar lap times and perhaps in this NZ Modified Saloon class there could be a tier system built on lap times - Taupo had a very interesting system for their clubmans A and B - there was a lap time requirement - they would promote clubmans A at some meetings and clubmans B at others

an important issue is the various levels that they run at - notice for Taupo Easter meeting there are heaps of classes and with the new length of their track I hope they have lights
Glad we agree on some points Unfortunately is it only me or has the Taupo redevelopment been a waste of time, increased lenght but where is the width? Still tight as virgin mary that place.

Then again all the girls I have been with say lenght over width, go figure
Old 28 Mar 2006, 09:46 (Ref:1563157)   #65
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
That one girl was lying to you jjd
Old 28 Mar 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1563168)   #66
jjd
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
That one girl was lying to you jjd
Dam, I knew something was wrong when she said rubbing was racing and she wanted more contact
Old 28 Mar 2006, 10:46 (Ref:1563196)   #67
Tracie
Rookie

The new taupo track is wider in most places but I think the problem is that there are too many corners and passing opportunities are not that great

was a bit surprised at the lap times - a lot longer than I thought it would have been

it will be interesting to see how the classes go at Easter
Old 29 Mar 2006, 00:40 (Ref:1563867)   #68
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy
Perhaps we could start a soft top class and Keener interested
for a second there i thought you were saying that keener had a soft top. after reading some of his post.. i was going to agree with you LOL
Old 29 Mar 2006, 00:40 (Ref:1563868)   #69
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
Just when we were getting on Promax, you had to ruin it with your last statement...lol
but the muscle cars sound soooo goooood!
Old 29 Mar 2006, 07:00 (Ref:1564011)   #70
r8hsv
Rookie

New Zealand
mighty waikato
r8hsv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heres a interesting sale on trade me .................

Pedersens Ford Falcon NZv8 touring car.
A 100mph+ average speed and lap record at pukekohe make this the quickest car in the class.
Built and maintained to the highest standards regardless of cost. Eligable for teir one or tier two with minor class restrictions.
Stack dash, innovate lambda recorder. Numerous spares include 14 wheels, 20 used slicks,5 wets, rotors and 20 usable pads, driveshaft, 3 noseclips, Radiators, 12 sets of springs, Front and rear anti roll bars, front and rear shocks, numerous other parts and panels.
Marsh Motorsport engines, one striped.
The new owner will negotiate an engine service contract with "Marsh motorsport"

serious offers

A franchise is available at additional cost

a cool $160k ono

wonder if getting out completely?????????
Old 29 Mar 2006, 07:26 (Ref:1564022)   #71
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Now that IS news r8hsv.
I guess MP can only advertise the car as having the lap record at Pukekohe for the next 3 weeks.
After that it'll be gone.
160k though........
Interesting to note that that car has only won a race (excluding stupid reverse grid races) with other people driving it.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 07:34 (Ref:1564028)   #72
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
but the muscle cars sound soooo goooood!
Can't disagree with that Promax.
Perhaps that's why I/we enjoy the NZV8's so much.
Do we really have to wait 3 weeks until we hear the sound of them again.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 09:50 (Ref:1564035)   #73
Tracie
Rookie

Taupo round of NZV8 on TV Sunday so it will be good to see the starts of Races 2 and 3 to see whos fault it really was!
Old 29 Mar 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1564438)   #74
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
i don't have to wait 3 weeks.. the MG Charity Classic is on in 3 days time

http://www.mgcarclub.org.nz/charity.html

either that or i'll head north to taupo for the bikini comp.. err i mean.. import drag racing lol
Old 30 Mar 2006, 00:04 (Ref:1564644)   #75
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trade me is on fire.Madge's old jacket is a bit cheaper than $160k so think I might go that way.Interestingly another franchise for sale which potentialy means another new comer and if the viscious TKR rumour is correct possibly more newcomers with their slots.Pity there isn't enough engineering nouse to go around although without knowing Pedersens plan's you could do worse than have him engineer a car particularly with a decent budget.