Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 Apr 2010, 08:04 (Ref:2678879)   #37
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched race 1. Seemed a pretty good start to the championship. I'd really like a 2h race (or even 3) with refueling, but for costs I think the current format is very good (and still exciting), plus TV broadcasters have more freedom I think and if they wish could show weekend highlights with the full race 2 (championship race) and a 1 1/2 TV segment. I like the Yas Circuit and the cars looked and sounded great (well, the Nissans sounded wierd with the V8 American grunt sound). I think the chicane before the turn 7 hairpin could maybe be straightlined next time for some potential overtaking. We'll have to see how the series develops over the years, but in my eyes it has potential. Expand the calendar for next year alittle and get some more cars (Lexus LFA, Porsche Carrera GT, new Lotus Esprit, Toyota FT-86, McLaren MP4-12C, Viper, so much potential).

We'll see what happens. I think this could help in reviving GT1 as top class GT racing, but for that to happen, I think it is gonna have to be manufactuer (or backed) teams with pro drivers. Development can be frozen for cost cutting and the cars balanced like they are currently (we'll see how well they get balanced out). GT3 cars are so variative and close to GT2 performance (and price), that I think they should just be the new pro-am GT2. Am GT4 to become the new GT3, how it should have been from the start.

Anyways, I'm off to watch race 2.