Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 13 Jul 2020, 12:33 (Ref:3987906)   #51
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

That aside, he was mega yesterday. O'Ward was very good, but Rosenqvist was just that bit better. Very impressive how he kept reducing the gap every time and never gave up even though it grew again after every of the last 2 pitstops.
The pass for the win, which went on for 3 corners, but where he laid rubber down out of 5, half way down the straight, while Pato was squeezing him?!! Holy Smokes!

Old 13 Jul 2020, 14:05 (Ref:3987933)   #52
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post

Liberty Mutual is killing me with the yellow ad campaign colors. Indy does the same thing for FCY as their ad, every time it comes up it gets me
I thought the same thing with the yellow, but i bet they did it on purpose to get your attention.

This weekend was great at Road America, and Indycar is my favorite series to watch these days. There is so much talent and you never know who is going to win. I am a huge O'Ward fan, and really wanted to see him win, but like Rosvenqvist as well. It would have been cool to see a non big-3 team win, but that winning pass was amazing.

Feel bad for Daly not being able to get a clean race, but he was a rocket at the end on the new tires. I bet Pato wishes he had a set of those......

This is a pretty tough stretch of the schedule with back to back double headers.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 15:23 (Ref:3987970)   #53
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Liberty Mutual is killing me with the yellow ad campaign colors. Indy does the same thing for FCY as their ad, every time it comes up it gets me
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I thought the same thing with the yellow, but i bet they did it on purpose to get your attention.
Yes, while the ad breaks were less intrusive than the last event I watched (Texas) and maybe b/c i did the replay thing, this once again proves to me that NBC is clueless about how to properly cover motor racing.

Quote:
This is a pretty tough stretch of the schedule with back to back double headers.
Yes it is, but I'm sure the drivers don't mind!
Old 13 Jul 2020, 19:30 (Ref:3988064)   #54
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
On race 1, Palou overtook RHR on a restart. Then there was a caution, and Palou was told to let RHR go. What the hell???
Old 14 Jul 2020, 01:42 (Ref:3988126)   #55
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I missed it the first time as did the TV crew. Sounds like Race Control threw the FCY right after they got the green because Kellet was beached. TV production missed it and didn't update the graphic

Couple notes from MP

A number of fans have noted how the yellow Liberty Mutual sponsor logo placed atop the NBC Sports graphics on the left of the screen makes it look like the race is under caution.

(Rahal's) team is probably asking the folks at Road America and the series why something as simple as bales of tires weren’t placed in front of the concrete barrier he clobbered on the outside of Turn 3. Whatever the cost might be to cushion the blow, it pales in comparison to the $100,000 or more it will take to get Rahal’s No. 15 Honda back in working order.

Glad to see we aren't the only ones and MP has management's ear. Wondered why there are no tires and why that wall was so far out. 100k of damage early in the race is tough

Last edited by broadrun96; 14 Jul 2020 at 02:00.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 15:09 (Ref:3988236)   #56
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Power deserves some kind of an award. I mean, we haven't seen in a long time him, or anyone else, take out two of the most competitive cars within the first two corners of the race. He deserves a 1up for that. Thanks to Will Power, we can sincerely claim that IndyCar has its own Maldonado. The real difference between F1 and IndyCar is that Maldonado does not get a long time to hang out in F1, despite his sponsors's tens of millions per year, while Will Power gets to hang out in IndyCar seemingly forever despite his ability to create horrendous crashes and collisions on a flat spot all the time, all seasons.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 19:08 (Ref:3988274)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
Will Power deserves some kind of an award. I mean, we haven't seen in a long time him, or anyone else, take out two of the most competitive cars within the first two corners of the race. He deserves a 1up for that. Thanks to Will Power, we can sincerely claim that IndyCar has its own Maldonado. The real difference between F1 and IndyCar is that Maldonado does not get a long time to hang out in F1, despite his sponsors's tens of millions per year, while Will Power gets to hang out in IndyCar seemingly forever despite his ability to create horrendous crashes and collisions on a flat spot all the time, all seasons.
I did enjoy the cut to him sliding through the grass, catching air and a sign. Kinda made up for the rest, but yeah, he's been doing it for years, which always made me not like him that much as a driver. That and his general ability to blame others constantly when he's clearly at fault.

Counting his 2 wins in CART, he's got 37 wins; nothing to shake a stick (compare to one of the best ever in the same time, Dixon's 49 wins, but with 4 more years). 2010 - 12, Power finished 2nd in the series w/ Dixie in 3rd to Dario and RHR. Aside from his single championship and the first few years of his AOW career, he's been in the hunt and finishing high in the year end standings consistently. You can either say his aggressive driving style has got him to those heights or cost him championships or both.

That said, Will is much more talented than Pastor and doesn't take dirty oil money from dictators.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 19:58 (Ref:3988286)   #58
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
IndyCar has its own Maldonado. The real difference between F1 and IndyCar is that Maldonado does not get a long time to hang out in F1, despite his sponsors's tens of millions per year, while Will Power gets to hang out in IndyCar seemingly forever despite his ability to create horrendous crashes and collisions on a flat spot all the time, all seasons.
The only reason Pastor was gone was his dictator's checks starting bouncing. They would have taken his money all day long and twice on Sundays. As would most teams in Indy. His money ran out and he was run off quick.

Power may not last much longer if he keeps it up with Roger. Although there aren't many drivers to take his place. But give it a couple years and Roger wants to sign Herta, Palou, O'Ward and see who's gone. That car is powered by Roger's sponsors not Power, Verizon might not be there without RP going to the board.