Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 1 Dec 2004, 16:19 (Ref:1169084)   #1
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Virtual RC Racing

For the (gas powered) RC freaks out there!

This sim is downloadable for free from www.virtualrc.com, including all cars but only 2 tracks. Best played with an RC TX with USB adapter, if you don't have one I would recommend the keyboard over a wheel...

This is a very realistic sim for scale 1/8 sportscar and 1/10 touring and sportscar classes. Online racing and extra tracks cost money, but there is also a free feature to do 3 or 5 minute heats on one track alone. Your best results (no. of laps + time) will be compared (on the website) to those of others, including a few factory drivers!

Any other RC freaks out here that have tried this sim?
Old 2 Dec 2004, 08:34 (Ref:1169561)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Virtual RC Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinS
.....Best played with an RC TX with USB adapter, if you don't have one I would recommend the keyboard over a wheel...

As some of us here go to sleep with our MOMO Forces on our pillows next to us (well, perhaps not quite), I just wonder why anyone would ever recommend keyboard over a wheel?

(I can't check the site out just yet as my server here at work won't let me in.... )

Last edited by Aysedasi; 2 Dec 2004 at 08:35.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 10:29 (Ref:1169650)   #3
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Virtual RC Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinS
For the (gas powered) RC freaks out there!

This sim is downloadable for free from www.virtualrc.com, including all cars but only 2 tracks. Best played with an RC TX with USB adapter, if you don't have one I would recommend the keyboard over a wheel...

This is a very realistic sim for scale 1/8 sportscar and 1/10 touring and sportscar classes. Online racing and extra tracks cost money, but there is also a free feature to do 3 or 5 minute heats on one track alone. Your best results (no. of laps + time) will be compared (on the website) to those of others, including a few factory drivers!

Any other RC freaks out here that have tried this sim?
I was wondering how quick an R/C'er would post this on here!

I got it on Monday, but as my old graphics card didn't support T&L, I treated myself to a GeForce 5700 and a 256mb ram upgrade.

Anyway, I'm running the game with a KO Vantage radio and Novak XXL reciever, along with an original Serpent VRC adaptor. Nice and realistic.

I need some practice though, I keep running out of fuel with the 1/8ths, but I've got a nice setup for the HPI R40.