Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 14 Feb 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3204539)   #1401
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommersby View Post
Aside from your slightly veiled attempt to have a go at me CCC (which I understand is not in keeping with the spirit of this forum). This is a bit of a red herring. My story about V8SC was written based on a conversation with Brian Budd.

That said, I hear there is come controversy over the accuracy of these minutes due to them not reflecting what people thought they said. I'm not by the way trying to take a side here. I made it clear that I wanted them to have found a solution.
Shaun interesting that you should respond as I didn't mention you in my post obviously you must feel that some of this applies to your reporting?
Old 14 Feb 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3204542)   #1402
KRDG
Rookie

KRDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member CCC View Post
Maybe you should read your own post when you quote "dishonest" and find out the real facts before you accuse our sport!

Fact in the minutes from the January meeting between MSNZ and ST

"Mark Petch stated that what V8STs would like to see is both NZV8s and V8STs competing on the same programme at the MSNZ meeting at Taupo on 8/9 March
Mark Petch stated that V8STs would race on Sunday with qualifying on Sunday at 10am. On Saturday there would be a 1 hour test session. Races would be 3 x 15 laps.
There was thinking that the BMW classes would need to be reduced to accommodate as ideally only the faster BMW classes should be there.
The V8ST appearance at Taupo would need to include Suzuki and V8 Utes"

This was only ever a discussion as part of the meeting as was the possible V8SC opportunity. How was this ever going to work with a full program? Why would the sport ever ditch classes that they had made a commitment to in favour of ST?

Fact Mark Petch arrived at Taupo Motorsport Park and try and take over the MSNZ March date and backdoor the sport! Ring Taupo Motorsport Park to verify I have and Mark didn't respond to my question to him about this on here!

So who's behavior was dishonest? Hardly working with the sport to put things back together! Of course the media don't bother to research the facts they just print stories that will attract readers or push their own one sided views much like the MSNZ haters on here!
Best show your hand now as you must have been at the meeting.

Either that or your direct quotes from so called meeting minutes are about as good as other predictions you have made about the ST rounds not happening, monies owing to various parties and other such controversial things.

Its all getting rather interesting........
Old 14 Feb 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3204544)   #1403
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe you should read your own post when you quote "dishonest" and find out the real facts before you accuse our sport!

Fact in the minutes from the January meeting between MSNZ and ST

"Mark Petch stated that what V8STs would like to see is both NZV8s and V8STs competing on the same programme at the MSNZ meeting at Taupo on 8/9 March
Mark Petch stated that V8STs would race on Sunday with qualifying on Sunday at 10am. On Saturday there would be a 1 hour test session. Races would be 3 x 15 laps.
There was thinking that the BMW classes would need to be reduced to accommodate as ideally only the faster BMW classes should be there.
The V8ST appearance at Taupo would need to include Suzuki and V8 Utes"

This was only ever a discussion as part of the meeting as was the possible V8SC opportunity. How was this ever going to work with a full program? Why would the sport ever ditch classes that they had made a commitment to in favour of ST?

Fact Mark Petch arrived at Taupo Motorsport Park and try and take over the MSNZ March date and backdoor the sport! Ring Taupo Motorsport Park to verify I have and Mark didn't respond to my question to him about this on here!

So who's behavior was dishonest? Hardly working with the sport to put things back together! Of course the media don't bother to research the facts they just print stories that will attract readers or push their own one sided views much like the MSNZ haters on here!
CCC where in my post did I mention Taupo? at least keep up! Your dislike and negative bias towards Petch is obvious, why don't you come clean and tell us why you are so bitter.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3204549)   #1404
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Shaun interesting that you should respond as I didn't mention you in my post obviously you must feel that some of this applies to your reporting?
Why is it interesting?

I've been posting on this subject following SB's request for information. So it's only fair to assume that your crack at media ( considering only a couple of other outlets show the remotest interest in this matter) could be pointed at me.

For the record I stand by every report I've filed. So your implication is out of line.

I seem to remember you bringing my work into question on this forum previously, and when I asked you to show me what was incorrect you didn't even have the decency to reply.

Make sure there's actually a stone in your hand before you throw it at me.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 10:54 (Ref:3204551)   #1405
Member CCC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRDG View Post
Best show your hand now as you must have been at the meeting.

Either that or your direct quotes from so called meeting minutes are about as good as other predictions you have made about the ST rounds not happening, monies owing to various parties and other such controversial things.

Its all getting rather interesting........
My prediction is about round 2 and my posts earlier in the week were facts! Also from direct source of information.
No I wasn't at the meeting but have been passed on a copy probably shouldn't have posted on here but had enough of the bull****!
Old 14 Feb 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3204554)   #1406
Vanishing Point
Racer

Quote:
Why is it interesting?

I've been posting on this subject following SB's request for information. So it's only fair to assume that your crack at media ( considering only a couple of other outlets show the remotest interest in this matter) could be pointed at me.

For the record I stand by every report I've filed. So your implication is out of line.

I seem to remember you bringing my work into question on this forum previously, and when I asked you to show me what was incorrect you didn't even have the decency to reply.

Make sure there's actually a stone in your hand before you throw it at me.
Concur Sommersby. Does CCC have an association with MSNZ? come clean CCC.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 11:07 (Ref:3204562)   #1407
Sommersby
Racer

Quote:
My prediction is about round 2 and my posts earlier in the week were facts! Also from direct source of information.
No I wasn't at the meeting but have been passed on a copy probably shouldn't have posted on here but had enough of the bull****!
Speaking of Bull****

Here's that post I mentioned (unlike minutes from a private meeting, this is allowed to be re-published)

Sept 8 2012

CCC

No point in even replying to his so called story and this guy calls himself a reporter! Shaun is to busy looking in the mirror than looking for and reporting the real facts!

SOMMERSBY

I welcome the criticism, but also agree; CCC and Looking should show examples of biased reporting. Otherwise their comments are just cowardly slander.

So guys/girls step up - or apologise.

CCC

Hey I have a right to my opinion just like you do Shaun! And I'm not the only one that shares this opinion on your opinionated reporting! If you are going to get upset by people expressing their views on this forum maybe you should stay away!

SOMMERSBY

I'm not even remotely upset CCC, did you notice where I wrote that "I welcome the criticism"?

All I said was, show me where I was biased or got the facts wrong...is that unfair to ask? I'd expect anyone on this forum to want to know what it is they're being accused of getting incorrect.

....five months and still waiting???????
Old 14 Feb 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3204577)   #1408
Vanishing Point
Racer

Quote:
Speaking of Bull****

Here's that post I mentioned (unlike minutes from a private meeting, this is allowed to be re-published)

Sept 8 2012

CCC

No point in even replying to his so called story and this guy calls himself a reporter! Shaun is to busy looking in the mirror than looking for and reporting the real facts!

SOMMERSBY

I welcome the criticism, but also agree; CCC and Looking should show examples of biased reporting. Otherwise their comments are just cowardly slander.

So guys/girls step up - or apologise.

CCC

Hey I have a right to my opinion just like you do Shaun! And I'm not the only one that shares this opinion on your opinionated reporting! If you are going to get upset by people expressing their views on this forum maybe you should stay away!

SOMMERSBY

I'm not even remotely upset CCC, did you notice where I wrote that "I welcome the criticism"?

All I said was, show me where I was biased or got the facts wrong...is that unfair to ask? I'd expect anyone on this forum to want to know what it is they're being accused of getting incorrect.

....five months and still waiting???????
Put up or shut up CCC. Your remarks were rude and offensive, I think you owe Shaun an apology.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 12:08 (Ref:3204586)   #1409
Sommersby
Racer

Quote:
Jeez Wayne...I take yet another silence as an indication that you, once again have nothing to back up your negative comments.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3204725)   #1410
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It does get sticky with the about turn in MSNZ's support, based on the requirement to look after classes who previously raced at the V8SC round.

But they invited F5000 who have no history.

I understand that the V8ST involvement was supported by the event manager for the V8SC round.
And the F5000 guys told them to get lost, also the Aussies didnt seem to have a problem with BNTST running at all. Pity
Old 14 Feb 2013, 18:23 (Ref:3204747)   #1411
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Personally I thought CCC was aiming at speedcafe above. His comments certainly apply to thier reporting on the story.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3204755)   #1412
Sommersby
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Personally I thought CCC was aiming at speedcafe above. His comments certainly apply to thier reporting on the story.
It seemed like a pretty general attack from Mr Christie. As you can SB, there was previous form.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3204758)   #1413
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
For sure, whatever is on between you two I want no part of. Im just pointing out his comments do certainly apply to some media.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 18:56 (Ref:3204773)   #1414
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Well what do you expect when you state "Of course the media don't bother to research the facts they just print stories that will attract readers or push their own one sided views much like the MSNZ haters on here!

There appears to be only one person from "the media" posting on this forum, so if you didn't mean to include him in your general swipe, you would say so for clarity, wouldn't you?

And another thing, you rant about all manner of things "V8ST" yet you criticize others for taking MSNZ to task for matters they are concerned about. Have you got your own set of rules, just for you?
Old 14 Feb 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3204865)   #1415
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Well what do you expect when you state "Of course the media don't bother to research the facts they just print stories that will attract readers or push their own one sided views much like the MSNZ haters on here!

There appears to be only one person from "the media" posting on this forum, so if you didn't mean to include him in your general swipe, you would say so for clarity, wouldn't you?

And another thing, you rant about all manner of things "V8ST" yet you criticize others for taking MSNZ to task for matters they are concerned about. Have you got your own set of rules, just for you?
Well I thought the game just got given away big time - so Member CCC is Wayne Christie, is he? That explains a lot doesn't it, and why he is so pro the bunch of incompetent autocrats running MSNZ. And even more scandalous is his blatant loathing of ST.

Apart from the fact that he seems to hate everyone from Auckland, which is pretty much par for the course down there. Sorry Wayne, but we were here first. :

By the way CCC, your post said something along the lines of "Round 1 at HD may not go ahead because unless monies owing were paid the gates would stay locked."

I think you must be getting your information from Martin Fine...
Old 14 Feb 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3204924)   #1416
MS Fan
Rookie

New Zealand
Wellington
MS Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Direction Forward

So the below email just out from MSNZ, perhaps rather than the petty naming calling and she said he said that has been going on, perhaps everyone should put their efforts in to providing their thoughts and ideas on the way ahead. That will of course require everyone to put the sports best interest ahead of any self interest. Not being involved in either side of the V8 series but just being a Motorsport Fan and Club competitor, I would really love to see us all work together for the best outcome of our sport.

Dear Racers and interested parties,
As you are no doubt aware racing in New Zealand has always had its ups and downs and recent times would suggest quite strongly that we are in a time of more "downs" than "ups". While there are undoubtedly some very bright lights in the local racing scene, the past few seasons have been rocked by the financial downturn, the high-profile and well-publicised NZV8 split and breakaway to become V8 SuperTourers, and other concerns have combined to result in considerable disharmony, lower grid numbers virtually across the board and a general lack of satisfaction from competitors throughout the country. Additionally the liquidation of MotorSport Promotions Ltd last year has demonstrated very clearly that motorsport can be a very fickle business to promote successfully over a sustained number of years, despite having previously delivered several of financially successful results.
In conjunction with a panel of well-qualified people with considerable experience across all forms of racing in New Zealand and overseas, the Race Commission is embarking on the most thorough review of racing since the introduction of the MSNZ Blueprint nearly 20 years ago. While this review forms part of the normal, ongoing review process of the Blueprint, it has taken on added importance given the current state of racing from clubmans racing right through to our top echelon, and at the suggestion of respected statesmen of our sport, we are seeking feedback from as many interested parties as we can in order to enable us to prepare a practical and workable strategic plan to carry racing beyond where it currently sits through the next five years and beyond.
Below is a list to indicate areas of feedback we are seeking however the list should not be considered restrictive as we are seeking feedback on all areas of racing in New Zealand. Indeed, we are quite happy to receive comments on what you believe the sport is not doing with racing, or is doing wrong, on the proviso that your comments also include your suggestions on what might be done to improve the situation!
· clearly identify what actually is broken currently, and what steps need to be taken to fix and ensure it stays fixed
· the way MSNZ awards championships
· should MSNZ place any controls around the introduction of new classes (and if so, how would that be managed)
· how should the race model look from clubmans right through to international
· should there be a recognised "pecking order" of classes
· what sort of clear direction can and should be provided for racing for the next 5-10 years
· what needs to happen to grow racing over the next 5-10 years
· what role should MSNZ play in racing
Responses to be emailed to MotorSport New Zealand Office on admin@motorsport.org.nz or by mail to MotorSport NZ, P O Box 3793, Wellington 6140, or by fax to 04 4729011.
Kind regards,
Wayne Christie
Chairman - Race Commission
Vice President
Old 14 Feb 2013, 23:02 (Ref:3204931)   #1417
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Pity about the centre-justified text, but anyway. Is this different to, or additional to the existing governance review which is taking place, and does it have the same deadline?

But at least they're asking the hard questions of themselves and everyone else who is involved.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 00:36 (Ref:3204974)   #1418
Member CCC
Rookie

For the record I am am not Wayne Christie he is a good and honest guy. But this exactly the sort of crap I would expect on here!
Old 15 Feb 2013, 00:55 (Ref:3204992)   #1419
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
For the record I am am not Wayne Christie he is a good and honest guy. But this exactly the sort of crap I would expect on here!
I refer the poster to my reply on the other thread.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 00:57 (Ref:3204994)   #1420
KRDG
Rookie

KRDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I refer the poster to my reply on the other thread.

OK, so who fed you the minutes of the meeting???????
Old 15 Feb 2013, 01:00 (Ref:3205000)   #1421
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It appears from the MSNZ release that unlike the Governance Review, comments are now invited from individual members rather than clubs. If that is the case, then a massive step forward. Full marks for that.

A bigger step forward would be to post it on line under the above headings so that data could be collected and collated in a more organised form, as a load of rambling emails are never really going to work.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 01:00 (Ref:3205001)   #1422
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
It might be Wayne's wife...
Old 15 Feb 2013, 01:50 (Ref:3205023)   #1423
sollitt
Rookie

Italy
Buonconvento
sollitt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
It appears from the MSNZ release that unlike the Governance Review, comments are now invited from individual members rather than clubs. If that is the case, then a massive step forward. Full marks for that.
In fairness Ray, the commissions have always welcomed, and considered, comments and requests from individuals.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 03:15 (Ref:3205057)   #1424
Alpina107
Rookie

Alpina107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
In fairness Ray, the commissions have always welcomed, and considered, comments and requests from individuals.
Those commissions probably have welcomed input at both individual and club level. However, the commissions themselves have constantly been marginalised at AGCM time with scheduling and just not being able to be heard at Executive level, where the focus seems to be on the pointy end of the motorsport pyramid. This is not a criticism of those on the commissions, who are generally a lot closer to "reality" - it's aimed at those above them who need to ensure that there's a better channel for ideas to reach the top where decisions are made.

In contrast to this, the preliminary report of the MNZ Organisational Review Panel (released last November) suggested that the Commission structure be reduce to just one each for Race, Rally and Clubsport, with all other commissions being dissolved. What would that do for those in Classic & Historic racing? Or for other non-elite classes who provide hundreds of thousands of dollars in participation levies and licence fees each year, and get diddly squat in return. Let's hope that the Commissions are retained, and that they are fully empowered to cater for their particular niche in motorsport.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 03:25 (Ref:3205062)   #1425
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
gosh there's so much love in this thread lol