Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 24 May 2007, 14:46 (Ref:1920331)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silly Season 2008 Thread :)

Jorge Lorenzo and his management team are being quiet, but paddock rumors suggest he could line-up at Yamaha next year in the premier class. Surely he's a hot property. And at the moment, I don't think I'd be looking at Honda. Yamaha looks most likely. But how about Ducati?

http://www.crash.net/news_View~cid~6~id~148499.htm

Sorry Hazza, but this would mean Colin Edwards would be left searching.
Old 24 May 2007, 14:52 (Ref:1920334)   #2
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have heard this rumour as well. Yamaha has to invest in some talent as Honda has done in the last couple of years. I think it would be a good move for Yamaha. Dont get me wrong, Edwards is a nice bloke, but there are better riders than him. I also heard Yamaha are interested in Dovizioso. I hope Yamaha get them both, but if they can have only one, let it than be Dovi. He's better than Lorenzo in my opinion (and he doesn't come across as an arrogant b#st#rd).
Old 24 May 2007, 15:05 (Ref:1920345)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
I have heard this rumour as well. Yamaha has to invest in some talent as Honda has done in the last couple of years. I think it would be a good move for Yamaha. Dont get me wrong, Edwards is a nice bloke, but there are better riders than him. I also heard Yamaha are interested in Dovizioso. I hope Yamaha get them both, but if they can have only one, let it than be Dovi. He's better than Lorenzo in my opinion (and he doesn't come across as an arrogant b#st#rd).
Yamaha should grab both. Then float one of them to Tech 3. This needs to happen more. Like the big F1 teams loaning out drivers to lower teams so they can gain experience.
Old 24 May 2007, 15:26 (Ref:1920352)   #4
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Charlies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read that it was a done deal earlier in the season, on autosport.com I think. The Eurosport commentary team said at the weekend that there were rumours, only rumours mind, that Lorenzo would line up alongside Edwards and Rossi would have his own one-bike team.

As for Lorenzo being arrogant, I don't think he'd disagree and personally I find it supremely entertaining.

As for Dovizioso I think he's riding incredibly well with real intelligence considering the deficiencies of the Honda over the Aprilia. He will surely be in MotoGP next season.

As an aside Aprilia are considering entering MotoGP in the future.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59082
Old 24 May 2007, 15:37 (Ref:1920359)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlies
As an aside Aprilia are considering entering MotoGP in the future.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59082
That's a new thread. Perhaps you'd like to start one?
Old 24 May 2007, 16:01 (Ref:1920373)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope both these young hot-shots are in MotoGP next season and on competitive machinery.
Old 25 May 2007, 14:57 (Ref:1921084)   #7
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope both are in Moto GP but i hope Dovisioso gets the factory ride.
Old 25 May 2007, 18:53 (Ref:1921192)   #8
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope that both will come up next year. After "early 70s" start to pull out (Biaggi (although in SBK) and Gibernau are already gone) there will be space in MotoGP for new talent.

I see it's likely that Lorenzo moves to Yamaha. Dovi has been Honda rider for many years and I think it will stay the same in MotoGP as well. But in which team, we will see. Repsol, Gresini, Konica Minolta or LCR?
Old 25 May 2007, 19:16 (Ref:1921213)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dovi and Lorenzo should be in MotoGP NOW!
Old 26 May 2007, 09:19 (Ref:1921423)   #10
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dovi? Not so much. He's tough, but I don't know how fast he is.

Being tough isn't enough in MotoGP these days.

The Tech 3 thing? Not so much. Tech 3 have had such a shocking record with developing "Talent" in recent memory that it's not worth it.

They havn't had it since the 500 days. But then again, even WCM were competitive in those days.
Old 27 May 2007, 12:52 (Ref:1922053)   #11
Peddler
Racer

Australia
Camden, NSW
Peddler has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Lorenzo is a bit of a "look at me... look at me" kinda bloke isnt he. Dont get me wrong i know to be as "ballsy" <-"is that a word" but i can not stand this bloke when he gets of the bike

Go the Datto!!!
Old 27 May 2007, 13:08 (Ref:1922072)   #12
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peddler
Lorenzo is a bit of a "look at me... look at me" kinda bloke isnt he. Dont get me wrong i know to be as "ballsy" <-"is that a word" but i can not stand this bloke when he gets of the bike

Except when he got thrown off in Le Mans qualifying then 15 minutes later was back on the bike and fastest. The boy has got it.
Old 30 May 2007, 07:09 (Ref:1924380)   #13
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't know where to post this, I didn't want to open a new thread for just another rumour.

But I've heard there is a big chance Melandri is going to replace Vermeulen at Suzuki next season. It wouldn't surprise me, as Melandri wants to have a factory ride.

Furthermore, a more surprising move might be Capirossi to Kawasaki. The vacant seat at Ducati might get filled by Hopper (or again, Melandri).
Old 30 May 2007, 10:07 (Ref:1924489)   #14
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damn.

Damn.

I guess they arn't happy with him? And whats up with Melendri? Sick of being so-so with Honda...

Intreguing...
Old 30 May 2007, 10:41 (Ref:1924522)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldnt bet against Hayden moving actually, he must be sick of the way he has been treated by HRC in that the bike is clearly well away from him and any ther riders.
He might be a Daucti target if Loris's new bike cant get him up the grid.
Old 30 May 2007, 15:57 (Ref:1924735)   #16
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I think Ducati would love to have Hayden. But do Honda want him to go? Hopper moving doesn't make much sense. He's always publicly professed to be a company (Suzuki) man.

Personally, I think Capirossi will finish his career at Ducati. Maybe even this year. How much fire does he have to continue on? Especially after enduring a poor season on a title contending bike.

Is is too early to have an '08 silly season thread?
Old 30 May 2007, 23:35 (Ref:1925058)   #17
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
It's never too early.
Old 31 May 2007, 07:12 (Ref:1925167)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure about Hopkins, I think Monster drink are putting huge pressure on him financially to move to KAwasaki as theya re heavily involved with them in the US, and Hopper is a yank so even worse! Think it would be s silly move though, he has developed the Suzuki.

As for Hayden he was lining up a Duke ride for 07 when HRC were dallying about his contract, I dont think they consider him a loss at all after they way they have treated him this year, they clearly dont believe in him for the future or they would give him more say. The bike is useless.

But Hayden WOULD be loyal, that much is clear.
Old 31 May 2007, 11:07 (Ref:1925337)   #19
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
well Vermulen is off contract at seasons end and according to Mr Beatie our expert comentator has said he has several offers, could we see an all Aussie line-up at Ducati? i think Ducati will want an italian rider to replace Capi so i think Melandri is the go there, and i think Vermulen will stay put IMO he would be silly to go to Honda as they seem along way off sorting their package and the Suzuki seems to be turning into a handy package.
Old 31 May 2007, 14:56 (Ref:1925468)   #20
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
When is Hopkins current contract up?
Old 31 May 2007, 23:48 (Ref:1925785)   #21
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if Ten - Kate (sp) make the jump from WSBK id say look for Chis on their bike... id actually like him to stay where he is....
Old 1 Jun 2007, 05:14 (Ref:1925869)   #22
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i would like him to stay as well, would Ten - Kate run Honda? if so i hope Chris dosn't go there.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 14:12 (Ref:1926281)   #23
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
and i think Vermulen will stay put IMO he would be silly to go to Honda
Well if that becomes his only option to stay in MotoGP then surely its not so bad.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 15:20 (Ref:1926324)   #24
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVKSS
if Ten - Kate (sp) make the jump from WSBK id say look for Chis on their bike... id actually like him to stay where he is....
Ten Kate have said that if they run in MotoGP it would be in addition to their current World Superbike & Supersport programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
i would like him to stay as well, would Ten - Kate run Honda? if so i hope Chris dosn't go there.
Ten Kate's main business is in tuning motorcycles for the road, Honda motorcycles for the road. That is where they earn their living, not from racing (racing is used to advertise their business), hence why they would only race Honda's, and also why they've said they would continue in the 'production' classes.

Vermeulen said when he went to Suzuki that he wanted to be on a factory bike, not a satellite bike (Stoner said a similiar thing when he left LCR for Ducati)
Old 4 Jun 2007, 00:54 (Ref:1928031)   #25
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
on the Aussie coverage of Mugello, Beatie said that Chris and Hoppa have had offers from Kwaka and more so Hoppa and Chris is likely to stay put, who would replace one or both of these blokes at Suzuki?