Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Jan 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2814552)   #1
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Retromobile

I note the show now starts on Tuesday rather than the normal Friday.
It's the first great meeting of all the major players during the Winter.
I will be visiting Tuesday/Wednesday to rub shoulders with the great and good.Cheap Eurostar for over 60's!
Old 12 Jan 2011, 08:07 (Ref:2814553)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll plug it into the calendar then merge this thread with the calendar link.

John,

The merge appears to have omitted your opening post.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 12 Jan 2011 at 08:13.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 08:10 (Ref:2814555)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Retromobile

First major historic show for 2011
Old 12 Jan 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2814557)   #4
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
My fingers don't work at this time of morning.It finishes on Sunday 6/2.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 08:21 (Ref:2814561)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Edited.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 12:46 (Ref:2814659)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I just tried the ticket site and it only seems to allow booking for Sunday, does this mean it's full on the other days or am I doing something wrong?
Old 12 Jan 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2814689)   #7
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I just tried the ticket site and it only seems to allow booking for Sunday, does this mean it's full on the other days or am I doing something wrong?
Let me know how you get on Tim - I was toying with Eurostar cheap day return on the Saturday
Old 12 Jan 2011, 14:49 (Ref:2814716)   #8
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I gave up, registration is a pain and they don't seem to acknowledge the UK on the form.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 15:03 (Ref:2814725)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
This seems to work

http://comexposium.francebillet.com/...-7-3-RETR1.htm
Old 12 Jan 2011, 15:32 (Ref:2814734)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
That's where I am having problems, I can't get past the registration page.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 15:41 (Ref:2814737)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Book it with Carte bancaire, Carte privative & Cartes Cadeaux
Old 12 Jan 2011, 15:44 (Ref:2814739)   #12
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

59 Quid return for old man Ebbsfleet.
Eurostar web site

Tues/Wed
Old 12 Jan 2011, 15:51 (Ref:2814743)   #13
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Book it with Carte bancaire, Carte privative & Cartes Cadeaux
It still wants me to register which is where I am stuck, can you buy tickets on the day?
Old 12 Jan 2011, 16:07 (Ref:2814759)   #14
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

No problem buying tickets on day.Thats what I am doing.
Old 5 Feb 2011, 21:49 (Ref:2826312)   #15
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
I have just come home from Retromobile, had an excellent day with Eric and Johngee.
Here's a few pictures, I'll post the entire album on my website later.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0082.JPG   IMG_0084.JPG   IMG_0095.JPG  

IMG_0106.JPG   IMG_0083.JPG  
Old 6 Feb 2011, 05:45 (Ref:2826385)   #16
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Went Wed/Thurs.

It was superb with most of great and good there.

Every UK posh second hand car dealer in the world within 50 mt of GTSCC stand!

Just proved there are to many organisations flogging to many events.

If you can't afford the real things buy one of the thousands of models for sale.

That Teardrop Talbot ,the brown one,was star of show.Only problem is that it is probably never driven.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 09:28 (Ref:2826434)   #17
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
@Tim Falce: Great pics..... thanks for sharing. Looking forward to perving 'the album' when ready.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:20 (Ref:2826469)   #18
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Here's all the photos I took.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 16:20 (Ref:2826700)   #19
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Love that Automobiline tanker, the ultimate LMC support vehicle, Fuggle aside!
Old 6 Feb 2011, 19:10 (Ref:2826826)   #20
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just had a look at the album. Great pics of some beautiful vehicles there Tim. Thanks again for sharing.