Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Feb 2011, 12:53 (Ref:2825635)   #51
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Are you surprised the seat companies don't want to re-label seats? ]
No I'm not, but it was worth finding out the picture from their perspective. In reality the FIA should just drop the clause so we don't even consider it!

One new Sparco coming up......
Old 4 Feb 2011, 18:33 (Ref:2825843)   #52
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seats

Taking a seat apart is not exactly complicated, mine has one spring holding the complete cover on. Can`t be much to check after that ? An easy £100 earned I would think.
I am sure if the companies producing fuel tanks decided not to re-certify them we would all be shouting.
Old 5 Feb 2011, 14:49 (Ref:2826177)   #53
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In these purse tightening times the "lifing" of seats is just another nail in the coffin of club motorsport. I don't race that often, 3 meetings at double headers last year so four hours in the car. My seat "runs out" at the end of this year and yet will have been used in the last four years less than many rally seats are in a couple of tarmac rallies.
As far as I can see I can then sell it to someone who does other motorsport - anything other than race or stage rally.
Sadly it's another commercial con.
Old 5 Feb 2011, 16:18 (Ref:2826204)   #54
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For a little over the £100 mark you can get a copy of the seats used in period,OMP Brands Hatch comes to mind,no 'lifing' lable,very much lighter/safer than some other makes,and very comfortable.
Old 5 Feb 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2826275)   #55
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
In these purse tightening times the "lifing" of seats is just another nail in the coffin of club motorsport. I don't race that often, 3 meetings at double headers last year so four hours in the car. My seat "runs out" at the end of this year and yet will have been used in the last four years less than many rally seats are in a couple of tarmac rallies.
As far as I can see I can then sell it to someone who does other motorsport - anything other than race or stage rally.
Sadly it's another commercial con.
Nope, it's perfectly legal at national level car racing, it's only on the continent that lifing takes place. You can race to your heart's content in MGCC events around the UK, or flog it on to a wide market. I just sold a non-FIA Cobra seat for £65 which is just under half the price of a new one.

And compared with the cost of racing with Equipe GTS a £150 seat is minuscule.... £30 per year, that won't even buy you lunch on the ferry.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 12:05 (Ref:2826533)   #56
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for in the info re lifing. Actually I don't do the GTS races abroad, it's far enough to Silverstone from here! That will explain why "lifing" is not in the Blue Book. So I don't need a new seat then for 2012 unless I go abroad? So any event abroad will need a "lifed" seat?
Old 6 Feb 2011, 16:17 (Ref:2826694)   #57
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No,not if it never had a lable and is a copy of what was used in period.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2826882)   #58
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
For a little over the £100 mark you can get a copy of the seats used in period,OMP Brands Hatch comes to mind,no 'lifing' lable,very much lighter/safer than some other makes,and very comfortable.
Surely no use in a continental event or an AppK one in the UK? No harness slots for six point mounting. Also do the belts just do over the edges of the seat - must be very low - does this offer sufficient location?
Old 8 Feb 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2827605)   #59
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
Surely no use in a continental event or an AppK one in the UK? No harness slots for six point mounting. Also do the belts just do over the edges of the seat - must be very low - does this offer sufficient location?
Absolutely Dave,I wouldn't have one if it was useless.