Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Oct 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2780341)   #1
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classic F3 AGM -13th November

Classic F3 AGM
Saturday 13th November
10.30am for 11am start.
Venue:
Saracens Head,
Towcester
Northants
http://www.saracenshead-towcester.co.uk/find-us.php
The draft agenda was sent by email to all members on 20th Oct, with nomination forms and request for items for discussion. If you did not receive it, contact me or they will be posted on the CF3 download page in due course.
All welcome but only fully paid up members are eligible to vote on business matters!
Old 9 Nov 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2787705)   #2
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In response to the open letter posted on the Classic F3 website the key issues are:

1 Do you want good people sitting on the committee and CF3 run properly or carry on in the old way that has lead to CF3’s decline over the last few years.
There are a number of good members of CF3 who could contribute to its running and future if only they were not prevented from getting onto the committee.

2 Do you want your views listened to and considered or are you happy to be ignored, as in the past. How many years have we been waiting for something to be done about the website. etc. Nothing ever seems to get done on a range of issues.

3 Do you want to work with the HSCC or upset them by having random races not with them. We are already struggling with race numbers and this would dilute the members racing budgets further, and so less people would enter the HSCC races. Do you remember about a year ago, the race at Brands that stupidly clashed with an HSCC race meeting. etc. We should be working with the HSCC not doing our best to annoy them.
Monaco is an exception to this.
The letter it implies a role in getting CF3 cars a race at the Monaco meeting as well as taking credit for other things which I am not sure are factually correct.
We shall see what happenes at the AGM.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 07:58 (Ref:2787927)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
wow I didn't realize there was so much going on with CF3 - I presumed with the talk of the Lotus twin cam class it was on the up....
Old 10 Nov 2010, 08:50 (Ref:2787954)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I hope that it gets sorted to the satisfaction of the majority with ultimately everyone pulling in the same direction. It's a good series; just needs a few more cars.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2787960)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
FWIW i think the CF3 should be handed over to HSCC to run with Richard and Colin carrying on with the brilliant job they do already.Drivers rep ,race reports ect. BTW im testing the March with new engine in a couple of weeks at Mallory. Be out next year.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 12:09 (Ref:2788021)   #6
RICHARD.T
Racer

I agree with you delta. I wish Richard and Colin would continue and I would be happy for the HSCC to run it.
We can't go back to the old ways but Richard and Colin will not carry on if we do.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2788066)   #7
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the way Historic FF2000 runs, and it works really well. The HSCC people are very easy to deal with, and both sides benefit.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2788071)   #8
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we please keep this for the AGM and not on PUBLIC forums this cannot be good publicity

Speaking of the AGM I will be unable to attend due to the Pending Birth of my first child I will send Richard R my thoughts. All the best and I hope things get resolved in a manner that suits everybody.

People reading this considering CF3 rest assured that the HSCC is a supporter of CF3 and a calendar is in place for 2011 and beyond we have a great championship which despite what you may have read is also very friendly.

One final note regarding grid numbers if you take a general look at the year we are only a few down on the previous year most of these are due to the loss of a few FF2000 who now have there own championship to race in. We have attracted a few 1600's for next year and there is talk of a few more Toyota's. I do not see a problem so lets not make one.

Benn Simms
Old 10 Nov 2010, 14:25 (Ref:2788106)   #9
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralt-racer View Post
Speaking of the AGM I will be unable to attend due to the Pending Birth of my first child ....
Good grief Benn, that's a pretty poor excuse you know.

Back 'in the day' I think most men would look for any excuse to be elsewhere if they had the chance. I recall my aunt telling the story of a manager for a removals company, for which she worked, who scheduled a whole week of 'impossible to be missed' meetings whenever his wife was about to produce. A month's worth if it looked like things might be unpredictable. He blamed the pressure on his career ....

These days I'm sure they can do things to bring forward or delay the big event so that conflicting demands can be accommodated .....

More seriously, hope all goes well. If it happens a little early I'm sure you and the family could get a last minute entry to the AGM!
Old 10 Nov 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2788112)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Fair point Ben.I cannot go to AGM as well. Mrs Delta is taking me to London for the day.I dont see the problem with me voicing my opinion on here.
The very best of luck to you and Mrs.Please let us all know the news.BTW when Mrs Delta had our first child i eat all the toast the nurse brought in, She has never forgiven me.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 16:35 (Ref:2788148)   #11
RICHARD.T
Racer

I hope things go well Benn and keep us informed.
Adoption worked well for us so I do not know what you are on about.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 17:39 (Ref:2788171)   #12
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
Benn, I wish you and Heidi good luck for the birth and I pray for a healthy, happy baby Simms! See you next year as a spectator!
Iain, great to know you will be out again, a real bonus for 2011.
Regards
Richard

Last edited by redlight; 10 Nov 2010 at 17:50.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 17:49 (Ref:2788174)   #13
ralt-racer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Good grief Benn, that's a pretty poor excuse you know.

Back 'in the day' I think most men would look for any excuse to be elsewhere if they had the chance. I recall my aunt telling the story of a manager for a removals company, for which she worked, who scheduled a whole week of 'impossible to be missed' meetings whenever his wife was about to produce. A month's worth if it looked like things might be unpredictable. He blamed the pressure on his career ....

These days I'm sure they can do things to bring forward or delay the big event so that conflicting demands can be accommodated .....

More seriously, hope all goes well. If it happens a little early I'm sure you and the family could get a last minute entry to the AGM!

Cheers Grant nice thought but I don't think Heidi will go along with that one I'll mention it and see what she says

Delta have a nice time in the big smoke I've never been, too busy motor racing I do agree with you both let the HSCC have it they do such a good job with the other championships.

Cheers Richard R and Richard T Many thanks both of you and see you all next year.

All the best

Benn
Old 14 Nov 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2790532)   #14
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wasn't going to say anything, but I can't bear to see the future of CF3 slide further down the forum, even though I'm not directly involved with CF3.

The AGM/EGM lasted nearly three hours, so a lot of ground was covered. For reasons that needn't detain us here, Richard Trott and Reg James spent most of the meeting out of the room, but the outcome was that The CF3 Championship will continue - nay, thrive - with the HSCC doing the spadework, but with the CF3 Association focussing on developing the ambience and feel-good factor that the series deserves.

Reg has embraced the changes, and will remain as the chief proponent of CF3 on the HSCC board. There are plenty of people with CF3 cars that are ready to race, and hopefully this new initiative will encourage them to get those extinguishers checked, buy some new belts and go racing, in what is looking likely to be the best HSCC calendar ever.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 21:34 (Ref:2790604)   #15
ralt-racer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
I wasn't going to say anything, but I can't bear to see the future of CF3 slide further down the forum, even though I'm not directly involved with CF3.

The AGM/EGM lasted nearly three hours, so a lot of ground was covered. For reasons that needn't detain us here, Richard Trott and Reg James spent most of the meeting out of the room, but the outcome was that The CF3 Championship will continue - nay, thrive - with the HSCC doing the spadework, but with the CF3 Association focussing on developing the ambience and feel-good factor that the series deserves.

Reg has embraced the changes, and will remain as the chief proponent of CF3 on the HSCC board. There are plenty of people with CF3 cars that are ready to race, and hopefully this new initiative will encourage them to get those extinguishers checked, buy some new belts and go racing, in what is looking likely to be the best HSCC calendar ever.

Thanks Alan for keeping us informed

Great result really pleased roll on 2011

Benn
Old 15 Nov 2010, 00:58 (Ref:2790743)   #16
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Excellent news from Alan.

But what news from Benn?
Old 15 Nov 2010, 08:44 (Ref:2790858)   #17
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
Thanks Alan for the update, I will get round to finalising the minutes when I can make sense of it all and email members as my last act as secretary. I honestly believe that CF3 now has a bright future with no more uncertainty, the members have agreed a clear direction for the association (no longer a club) and we can all go racing and have fun again.
Regards
Richard R

PS Colin has agreed to continue as treasurer and I have been asked to be webmaster and build a new website!

Last edited by redlight; 15 Nov 2010 at 08:54.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:01 (Ref:2790892)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Good to hear you being positive and upbeat Richard.CF3 owes you..Big thanks from me and I'm sure lots of others for hanging on in there for us all.The CF3 paddock would not be the same if you and Colin were absent. Cheers.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:30 (Ref:2790910)   #19
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
Thanks Iain, much appreciated. Looking forward to going racing again and having fun!
Old 15 Nov 2010, 13:03 (Ref:2791007)   #20
ralt-racer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Excellent news from Alan.

But what news from Benn?

Hey Grant

Still no news yet but I dont think it will be too long now Ill let you know

Benn
Old 19 Nov 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2793056)   #21
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
PS Colin has agreed to continue as treasurer and I have been asked to be webmaster and build a new website!
Richard, please let us know when it's ready. I guess that with the exception of the members chat forum, the public will have access? Alternatively, if you want your own private members forum on here, we can set you up with one, as we have done with one or two other clubs.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2826517)   #22
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Richard, please let us know when it's ready. I guess that with the exception of the members chat forum, the public will have access? Alternatively, if you want your own private members forum on here, we can set you up with one, as we have done with one or two other clubs.

Thanks John, new website will be live very soon and I will post details here.
Open letter from treasurer follows and also letter from Chris Sharples re dates.
Cheers
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:40 (Ref:2826518)   #23
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
Dear All
A happy new racing year to you all.
As I'm sure you will be aware, at the recent AGM it was decided to make some significant changes to the structure of Classic F3, in particular to the funding arrangements. No longer will it be a requirement of racing in the championship to be a member of Classic F3 by paying the sum of £100 to the association. This will be removed from the 2011 championship regulations and in future competitors will only have to pay the HSCC membership fee. In line with this change it was decided at the AGM that membership would be reduced to £50 per annum and be entirely voluntary.
Naturally we would like as many people as possible to volunteer their £50 so we can fund the BBQ's and web site for the year ahead. As nobody is going to chase you round the paddock this year collecting money now is the time to get this out of the way before the racing starts and to help you all further I am standing by to receive your money and deposit it in the club account for safe keeping. By the way don't expect a membership card!
There are easy ways to pay as well by sending a cheque made out to "Classic F3" to Colin Painter or if you want to use modern technology direct to our bank, just make sure you put your name as a reference. (PM redlight for address)
We look forward to being swamped with cash
See you at Donington
Colin Painter
CF3 Treasurer (I think or maybe we don't have one of those any more)