Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 28 Feb 2011, 21:44 (Ref:2838159)   #1
LeeCS
Rookie

United Kingdom
LeeCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC: identifying liverys from b/w photos

Hi guys, I need a bit of help on a few liverys from classic BTCC for my collection of blueprints that ive been making for a couple of years.

first off Barrie Williams Colt Lancer. Im guessing the stripes on this are red? does anybody know for sure?

second one being this mk1 Fiesta from the same time..

ive already done a later car of Jock Robertson, so maybe that one is red too? or maybe gold? looks like its more than likely gold?

this one is Martin Brundle's 78 Toyota (probably red??)

and a similler version driven by Win Percy..

this one had me puzzled, Grahame Davis' 1991 Rover seen in this pic blue white and green..

when doing this one i was all set to do it in those colours, until i noticed in that photo the other half of the bonnet looks yellow and the other half of the boot red? and as i do the blueprints of the passenger side it looks as if the Rover wouldnt be blue white and green?

has anybody actually seen this car and can clear up the livery for me? i took a wild guess and came up with this...

am i right on that one?

any help would be great!

for those intrested my blueprints can be viewed here:

main page 1958-1969
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j285/Co-L-d/BTCC%20blueprint/

on the right hand side of that album are sub albums for:

1970's
early 1980's
and so on up to 2011

Last edited by LeeCS; 28 Feb 2011 at 21:54.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 00:01 (Ref:2838202)   #2
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
nice, I recognise the bit of black the cars sit on LOL! Nice work.

Mitsubishi Colt - Stripes were Black as were Colt wording. Diamonds were Red
Old 1 Mar 2011, 00:25 (Ref:2838212)   #3
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
ahh, now I was loving your work, and a significant amount of time must have been spent on it until I got to 2005.

You seem to find it acceptable to steal my artwork from the BTCC Spotter Guides 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 + A few others before and after using my line drawing without any credit. Maybe my copyrigth notice wasn't big enough for you which states....

Any reproduction of this guide and/or images for purposes other than this, modifcation, distrubtion or using for marketing purposes requires permission from the copyright holder.

You didn't ask my permission to steal this art. You will know very well how long it takes to produce the art. By putting it on the net, you are distrubtinng my art and passing it off as your own.

So, please credit me with my web address for each and every image you have taken (including just linework). I assume that is acceptable. if not, please remove.

Thanks, I'm sure as an artist, you understand.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 00:27 (Ref:2838213)   #4
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
I remember seeing the Grahame Davis Rover at Brands, and I'm pretty sure that you're correct about the colours. I should have a pic of it somewhere, though it's another right-hand view and I don't think it shows much more of the LH side- I'll dig it out and if it's any help.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 01:06 (Ref:2838227)   #5
LeeCS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
ahh, now I was loving your work, and a significant amount of time must have been spent on it until I got to 2005.

You seem to find it acceptable to steal my artwork from the BTCC Spotter Guides 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 + A few others before and after using my line drawing without any credit. Maybe my copyrigth notice wasn't big enough for you which states....

Any reproduction of this guide and/or images for purposes other than this, modifcation, distrubtion or using for marketing purposes requires permission from the copyright holder.

You didn't ask my permission to steal this art. You will know very well how long it takes to produce the art. By putting it on the net, you are distrubtinng my art and passing it off as your own.

So, please credit me with my web address for each and every image you have taken (including just linework). I assume that is acceptable. if not, please remove.

Thanks, I'm sure as an artist, you understand.
Hey Andy, sorry about that! yeah I understand.. I started just collecting yours for myself. Had no intention of posting them online for anyone else.

I'll credit you by all means, maybe i should have thought before letting other people see them.

I will put your website url on the ones that are yours and the ones where ive used your template with my own liverys (ie the 2001 Astras etc) a lot from 2001- onwards need re-uploading anyway as i didnt put the drivers names on them.

I'd always wondered what you would make of mine, im not sure they look as neat as yours though.

Thanks for the tip on the Mitsubishi!
Old 1 Mar 2011, 19:42 (Ref:2838639)   #6
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit confused.. why is the Speedworks Aventsis in the 2010 album?

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...010/?start=all
Old 1 Mar 2011, 20:36 (Ref:2838662)   #7
LeeCS
Rookie

United Kingdom
I did that one before christmas, before i had an album for 2011.. ive moved it now. 2011 is pretty much temporary until all the new liverys are launched. The Boardman Seat will probably have more logos, and the Frank Wrathall Avensis isnt finnished. The Golf is 90% done but havent uploaded that and ive just done the template of the new Aon focus. I will upload that one either tonight or tomorrow!
Old 22 Mar 2011, 00:18 (Ref:2850904)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeCS View Post
Hey Andy, sorry about that! yeah I understand.. I started just collecting yours for myself. Had no intention of posting them online for anyone else.

I'll credit you by all means, maybe i should have thought before letting other people see them.

I will put your website url on the ones that are yours and the ones where ive used your template with my own liverys (ie the 2001 Astras etc) a lot from 2001- onwards need re-uploading anyway as i didnt put the drivers names on them.

I'd always wondered what you would make of mine, im not sure they look as neat as yours though.

Thanks for the tip on the Mitsubishi!

I'm sure you could have gone a pt smaller on the credit for MY artwork....

I see while you (to quote you) "had no intention to put these online" and sharing them, you are helping people to use them in their signatures, again without asking if you could. I suppose thats the nature of the Internet. People taking the ****

Thanks, thanks very much
Old 22 Mar 2011, 00:51 (Ref:2850912)   #9
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Much as I appreciate your work Andy, there's really not a lot of point whining about people copying it on the internet. Nothing has effective copyright anymore! I've seen your images all over the place!