Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Feb 2010, 23:40 (Ref:2631825)   #1
Yorkie 'S'
Rookie

England
Leeds
Yorkie 'S' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYorkie 'S' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone Classic 2010

Just read on the bbc that they have the go ahead for the 2010 GP to use the updated GP Circuit Layout.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8511026.stm

I wonder - will they use this at the Classic this year ?

Assuming they do use this new layout, will it give some cars an advantage over others, on the face of it there appears to be a few more slower wiggly bits and not as much in the way of flat out stuff.

They say they are also looking to put the new pit complex between Club and Abbey in 2011. Is this the death knell of the GP circuit as we know it ?

Not having raced at Silverstone, I'm just looking forward to getting an entry in the Mini Race and the U2TC.
Old 12 Feb 2010, 13:06 (Ref:2632094)   #2
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Silverstone Classic web site has this as being on the Historic GP circuit.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 12:28 (Ref:2640864)   #3
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Having just seen Simon Drabble refer to the Classic Test being on the 12th of March, could someone confirm when this is please?
I'd got the 24th in my head, but that's BritishGT testing...
Old 26 Feb 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2640954)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
they have now converted that day to National Circuit as the GP is not ready. The 23rd March day is still on for the GP circuit
Old 26 Feb 2010, 22:29 (Ref:2641198)   #5
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
So the 23rd of March is Classic Testing? Boll0cks. There's no WAY I can get 2 days off that week. Dammit. Curse, and Swear even more.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 22:15 (Ref:2642967)   #6
eigger
Rookie

eigger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grideigger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I right in understanding the test day for the (July) Classic is 23rd March ? If so is it open to the public or is just for teams and media ?
Old 1 Mar 2010, 23:41 (Ref:2643007)   #7
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Been told by Silverstone today that 23rd is full . I only found out that there was a GP test day on 23rd last Saturday after having already booked 26th on the National to give the car its first shakedown of the season. Where was the info first made available?
Old 2 Mar 2010, 05:54 (Ref:2643135)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Been told by Silverstone today that 23rd is full . I only found out that there was a GP test day on 23rd last Saturday after having already booked 26th on the National to give the car its first shakedown of the season. Where was the info first made available?

I can't imagine this is a media event / test day for the Classic as last year it was widely publicised and a lot later. Have not seen or heard anything about the 23rd except on here.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 07:53 (Ref:2643172)   #9
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is the first test day this year on the full GP circuit. If you were booked on the 12 March day as I was you had the choice of keeping that day and doing it on teh National or rolling forward to the 23rd. I could not do that day so I reluctantly have stayed on the 12th
Old 2 Mar 2010, 16:20 (Ref:2643379)   #10
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Mike, the Classic Media Launch was March 29th last year...
Many of the pictures in the Programme are taken at the Media Day.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 16:25 (Ref:2643385)   #11
simon drabble
Veteran

Mike is right though.. last year we were told about it and asked to bring cars
Old 2 Mar 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2643524)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Now you say that Tim it was end of March. But there was loads of publicity in advance and of course a request for money for the privilege of having our cars there.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 15:49 (Ref:2645602)   #13
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Hmmm. So I guess there's little point my pottering over on the 24th. Except general testing?
Old 9 Mar 2010, 11:51 (Ref:2648085)   #14
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So are there likely to be plenty of cars testing on 23rd March? I notice from the Silverstone website that it's for closed-wheel cars only. Is it worth me wandering over for a gander around as I'm only up the road or will I be turned away if I'm not with one of the teams?
Old 9 Mar 2010, 16:22 (Ref:2648269)   #15
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Testing is usually relaxed, and open to Joe Public...
Old 9 Mar 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2648310)   #16
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers...
Old 10 Mar 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2648621)   #17
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Well, Media Day is late May, I am told.
Oh well, I may potter down for a nose anyway, to have a look at all the new tarmac.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 05:37 (Ref:2648683)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Well, Media Day is late May, I am told.
Oh well, I may potter down for a nose anyway, to have a look at all the new tarmac.
Any idea of date Tim? Last year it was a weekday, wasn't it? Hopefully won't clash with Brands bank holiday w/end!
Old 10 Mar 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2648803)   #19
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
They usually go for a Wednesday, IIRC?

No doubt they will charge you for the privilege of helping to publicise their event!

I should be there, whatever.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 08:54 (Ref:2649428)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Media Test Day

It's Wednesday May 5th- forms from HSCC- cars registered for event only.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 09:00 (Ref:2649434)   #21
simon drabble
Veteran

Mike where did you see that? Trouble is Gentlemen Drivers and Pre 63 havent finalized their grids so difficult to know if you have the nod or not!!!
Old 11 Mar 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2649441)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Mike where did you see that? Trouble is Gentlemen Drivers and Pre 63 havent finalized their grids so difficult to know if you have the nod or not!!!
From HSCC- entry form arrived in post today. I'm working on basis that as my GD entry is 'confirmed' that is close enough and Pre '63 should be sorted very soon? Hopefully if I pay HSCC and then find car not accepted will get refund!
Old 11 Mar 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2649447)   #23
simon drabble
Veteran

Good mine should be waiting for me when I get home. I shall take an executive decision and follow your lead - probably will in the race as well!!!
Old 12 Mar 2010, 00:35 (Ref:2649994)   #24
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Thanks Mike!
Old 12 Mar 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2650630)   #25
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
From HSCC- entry form arrived in post today. I'm working on basis that as my GD entry is 'confirmed' that is close enough and Pre '63 should be sorted very soon? Hopefully if I pay HSCC and then find car not accepted will get refund!
Hi Mike,

Bit confused by all this! Trying to get the Falcon into the HSCC race but no entry forms on site yet so how can HSCC be sending forms out to accepted competitors yet? Also got the TVR in for the GD but Masters say they won't be doing anything with entries until end March so again how does that work???