Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Jul 2021, 17:55 (Ref:4062572)   #2521
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the most important is to save people around and bring electricity back everywhere. There's no doubt the track will survive under an even improved form. The first time I went to was in septante cinq if memory serves, and I remember the place is almost impossible to drain under heavy rain.
I do remember real champions like Gerry Marshall in his Magnum surfing the streams crossing the straight at Uniroyal tower level and the flooded tunnels, nothing new.
Old 21 Jul 2021, 21:07 (Ref:4062594)   #2522
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
"Septante cinq" - 75? That's a construction I've never seen before.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 22 Jul 2021, 04:12 (Ref:4062606)   #2523
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Perhaps some French Alfa Talk....
Old 22 Jul 2021, 06:34 (Ref:4062613)   #2524
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

The Swiss use it and Nenante for 90.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 06:37 (Ref:4062614)   #2525
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its the way some Belgians speak french, les Walllons, in fact they do it better than us! Septante for 70 as suggested by Max, nonante for 90. I remember they also say huitante in some Swiss areas.
Would be interesting to know if terence says 90° degrees or nonante degrés to his pupils…
Old 22 Jul 2021, 06:38 (Ref:4062615)   #2526
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Sorry, Peter has been faster than me!
Old 22 Jul 2021, 07:00 (Ref:4062616)   #2527
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not often you can say that!
Old 22 Jul 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4062683)   #2528
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Old 22 Jul 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4062741)   #2529
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
Thanks that's all new to me. Amazing what this forum can do.

Old 22 Jul 2021, 20:23 (Ref:4062749)   #2530
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
There you go my friend: https://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/1331002...0AAOSw6vhdGZSm
Old 22 Jul 2021, 23:00 (Ref:4062767)   #2531
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
You know, now I think hard I have a very distant memory of "septant" from years ago. I was an avid reader of Tintin in its original language, maybe that's where I recall it from.

Old 24 Jul 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4062968)   #2532
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Track limit infringements?Yes of course that's no problem for British F3 drivers(Until the get to Spa that is)
Had the task of helping a 16yr old learn Spa last Thursday,I think the kerbs were magnetic as he was naturally drawn to every one!
I then suggested that a road going BMW 240i was absolutely no comparison to what he would be driving today and that no doubt the Belgian CoC wouldn't take any excuses for allowing the car to be completely over the limit line.He explained the Series allowed you to go over as long as the inside wheels didn't go over as well.FIA say absolutely no wheels over,boy could be in for a dissapointing day.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4062992)   #2533
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
FIA say absolutely no wheels over,boy could be in for a dissapointing day.
Ha yes? Serious?
Old 24 Jul 2021, 18:22 (Ref:4063005)   #2534
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes very.Brit F3 organisers say its OK,FIA say its not?
Laughable isn't it.Fastest top 11 drivers yesterday had their times disallowed.Sounds like F3 will be a better viewing than F1.?
Old 25 Jul 2021, 07:20 (Ref:4063046)   #2535
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Agreed! Fully agreed. I think the youngsters in F3 should not be allowed to watch F1.
What is confusing is during the briefings here you're shown that two wheels on the kerbs are allowed unless the two others are still on the track. Hence the discrepancy between the marshals reports and the drivers. Sometimes…