Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 11 Oct 2020, 22:11 (Ref:4010002)   #856
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And it's always pleasent to read the same damn opinion scattered throughout every damn thread you post in.
Old 11 Oct 2020, 22:31 (Ref:4010007)   #857
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Excellent. I think it upsets br96 tho'.

And when auto racing ever gets back to reality, I can stop posting it.

jimclark
Old 11 Oct 2020, 22:48 (Ref:4010008)   #858
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
And it's always pleasent to read the same damn opinion scattered throughout every damn thread you post in.
What he said
Old 12 Oct 2020, 02:25 (Ref:4010041)   #859
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK.

We’ve had enough. It is getting in the way. It’s boring and it makes us boring people.

Many people like the old days. But liking them, or whatever you think about current series, should not get in the way of talking about today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
And when auto racing ever gets back to reality, I can stop posting it.
But not in every thread and repetitively and all the time.

There is plenty of space in the 10-10ths house, let’s not paint the walls of every room the same color.
Old 12 Oct 2020, 11:31 (Ref:4010118)   #860
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Let’s get back on topic, this series still has enough going for it

It’s going through a tough time atm, but then after the racing and the size of the field the past few years, it can still can get back on track. The chanpionship hasn’t been too bad this season, even with teams struggling with budget. Let’s hope it survives, although there are uncertain times ahead

I like IMSA for the cars and the circuits they race on and it’s a shame to see it struggling a bit atm. I am hoping the series will still survive, even if we don’t quite go back to how it was prior to this season
Old 12 Oct 2020, 11:56 (Ref:4010130)   #861
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Let’s get back on topic, this series still has enough going for it

It’s going through a tough time atm, but then after the racing and the size of the field the past few years, it can still can get back on track. The chanpionship hasn’t been too bad this season, even with teams struggling with budget. Let’s hope it survives, although there are uncertain times ahead

I like IMSA for the cars and the circuits they race on and it’s a shame to see it struggling a bit atm. I am hoping the series will still survive, even if we don’t quite go back to how it was prior to this season
This is true for sure. GTD has been good by the way. The Lexus guys actually had a tough last 2 races. Quietly I think the Wright Motorsports Porsche is in contention for the season long championship.
Old 12 Oct 2020, 17:13 (Ref:4010186)   #862
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!gert has a real shot at the championship!
Starworks lineup completed: John Farano - Mikkel Jensen - Job van Uitert

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/1...t-le-mans.html
Old 12 Oct 2020, 20:25 (Ref:4010215)   #863
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Starworks lineup completed: John Farano - Mikkel Jensen - Job van Uitert

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/1...t-le-mans.html
That is great to see! I guess we don't have travel restrictions in place, so shouldn't be any issues getting from the elms weekend to petit.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 00:13 (Ref:4010256)   #864
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any team that is NOT in a season championship fight in some way I can't blame one bit if they decide to skip Laguna Seca race. Would not surprise me to see a few. Porsche GT, GRT Magnus teams for example. Maybe or maybe not. Just a random thought.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 07:19 (Ref:4010299)   #865
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I think you might be right, already teams are struggling, hopefully we can get enough cars in for a good race at Laguna, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a few drop out. We'll see, those who are on a tight budget and have nothing to fight for might just pull out now to save on bills. Either way Laguna should be a great race, always a great track where action happens
Old 13 Oct 2020, 12:19 (Ref:4010368)   #866
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think you might be right, already teams are struggling, hopefully we can get enough cars in for a good race at Laguna, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a few drop out. We'll see, those who are on a tight budget and have nothing to fight for might just pull out now to save on bills. Either way Laguna should be a great race, always a great track where action happens
Well Laguna is in a category of tracks like Lime Rock and Long Beach where you can have smaller grids and be good still. So anybody on a tight budget are probably thinking about it now or made a decision already.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 16:13 (Ref:4010422)   #867
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well one TCR car has already decided just that. JDC-Miller Audi has withdrawn from the rest of the season given the travel out west and having already run at Road Atlanta and Sebring this year.
Old 21 Oct 2020, 20:50 (Ref:4011870)   #868
WyldStallion
Veteran

IMSA web site has Laguna Seca entry list. DPI, GTLM, and GTD same as usual. Only #52 Oreca for LMP2. A 3 class race effectively which is fine by me. Hope it is a safety car free one. Have had one of those in a while. The driving standards this year have not been as good as it was in 2019. This year has seen more crashes that have been quite avoidable.
Old 22 Oct 2020, 18:42 (Ref:4012023)   #869
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The InterEuropol car will be back at Sebring and has hired the recently crowned Imsa Lites champions Rao and Bell! That is a fantastic thing for the team to do, give the junior class guys a chance to step up. Not sure if either of the drivers has raced a P2 before, and Sebring will be a baptism by fire I have a feeling, but classy move nonetheless.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...gram-for-2021/
Old 28 Oct 2020, 19:16 (Ref:4013596)   #870
WyldStallion
Veteran

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/c...r-12h-sebring/

Remember Guy Cosmo, considered an up and coming driver when in 2013 he left a solid ride with Extreme Speed for a bigger pay check with Level 5. And well we know what happened to Level 5 less than a year later..(ahem jail bird Scott Tucker)...been a journeyman driver ever since. Guy Cosmo I think hurt his long term career to get the quick buck back in the day.