Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Mar 2004, 23:53 (Ref:894173)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Win Percy

To all friends here on the historic forum - we are all aware of the predicament Win is in, please see this thread:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=51042
Thanks.
Old 5 Mar 2004, 21:02 (Ref:895276)   #2
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done Andrew; really good of you.
Old 30 Mar 2004, 09:15 (Ref:923718)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Andrew, why not post this to the Marshals Forum and I will make it a hot topic there too?
Old 30 Mar 2004, 09:31 (Ref:923730)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cheers Stephen will do.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 19:17 (Ref:931422)   #5
fangio
Racer

fangio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great idea to support Win this way.
I shall order one tomorrow morning.
We can't wait to see Win back on a circuit (driving!) just like Regazzoni!!
Old 7 May 2004, 09:25 (Ref:963245)   #6
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has there been any update lately on how Win is going?
Old 27 Aug 2004, 22:49 (Ref:1079593)   #7
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
He completed some laps during the recent Goodwood Revival Press Day, and apparently looked totally at home in the car.

Roll on next week, and the meeting itself.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 03:44 (Ref:1083386)   #8
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve thanks for the update on Win, he has many fans in Australia.
Mick
Old 2 Sep 2004, 20:32 (Ref:1085200)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent. Thanks Steve.
Old 2 Sep 2004, 20:45 (Ref:1085210)   #10
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Win reckons with the hand controls, he should be able to get within 2 secs of the lap time of the standard car.
It lost an engine last week and has been frantically rebuilt this week.
Above all I hope Win enjoys himself. He is sure to get a great 'welcome back' from the masses and the weather looks like it will be a 'Glorious Goodwood' weekend - 26 degrees!
Hurrah for that. Heard on the TV weather that
yesterday was the first day since March for the whole of the UK to stay dry! A very soggy summer.
Old 31 Oct 2004, 08:58 (Ref:1141091)   #11
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how's Win?

haven't heard for a while, how is Win doing?
Old 16 Nov 2004, 16:42 (Ref:1155120)   #12
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I spoke to Win on the 'phone this morning. He seemed in good spirits - keeping busy with the legal case.

He said he was absolutely gutted to have the mechanical dramas at Goodwood, therefore unable to race. He wondered at the time what else could possibly go wrong.

He was delighted to obtain a Jaguar X-type with hand controls earlier in the year. He has driven over 6000 miles in it so far and the longest journey he has driven was to the Le Mans Classic. However he has decided not to venture too far in the near future as he will miss the physio he is having. A lot of his pals are away at the Classic Adelaide - an event he would love to have attended but he cannot afford to miss the physio. He promises himself he will go next year.

He again made a point of asking me to thank those that have kindly helped him by buying the print. He cannot thank you enough. He still has some of the prints for sale. Anyone interested can purchase them direct from Win.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 04:48 (Ref:1155645)   #13
tony griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
california
tony griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange,

Wrote a persoanl letter to Wim .... but never got a reply !
Old 17 Nov 2004, 12:03 (Ref:1155855)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's an article about Win in the latest Top Hat magazine.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 19:15 (Ref:1162005)   #15
jim69
Racer

jim69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the prints still available?
Do I still order direct from Win?
This would make a fantastic Christmas for my Father, a big Jag fan.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 10:10 (Ref:1162605)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Give him a call.
Old 26 Nov 2004, 21:30 (Ref:1165194)   #17
jim69
Racer

Peter, I did call him and chatted for about 20 mins. Brilliant conversation. There are some prints left, I have sent my cheque today.
What size are the prints? Does anybody know?
Old 27 Nov 2004, 12:02 (Ref:1165593)   #18
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The prints are 60 x 44cms including the white border onto which is printed the title 'Four Wins' and caption in a black typeface.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 16:55 (Ref:1166293)   #19
jim69
Racer

Thanks Andrew.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1169844)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I've got mine in a nice thin mahogony frame with "gold leaf" effect and a parchment border. It's great.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 21:20 (Ref:1170251)   #21
jim69
Racer

I received mine this morning, its brilliant. Its actually a present for my Father for Christmas. However I think i might order another after Christmas for myself. I told Win I was a marshal, and he sent his biography brochure with the print, and another one for me. What a decent bloke. I reccommend these prints to all.
Old 5 Jan 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1193546)   #22
tonyb
Rookie

tonyb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After I sent him a few of the recent comments here, I gave Win a call and asked him if he'd like to send you all a few words in return - here is his message to everyone:

==

Dear Friends,

My life of motorsport over the past forty years has taken me around the world many times. I have had many ups and downs, successes as well as failures. I have had so much fun and sheer pleasure from my driving all sorts of cars, I thought it to be an enjoyable and in a way selfish existence but since my disability, your messages of encouragement and your memories of past races have humbled me.

I thank you all and I am so pleased to know that my driving was appreciated and it wasn't just for my own selfish pleasure. I workout every day and have a much stronger torso with some movement down to my knees, I have physio and hydro regularly and I really believe (just to prove the medics wrong) that I will stand in time.

But I do realise that because of the damage in my back that I will not race competitively again, I am not being a defeatist, just realistic. I have now had a letter from the Hospital admitting that I was operated on at the wrong level. I will not be turning my back on motorsport but will be enjoying it at a less stressful level. I am sure many of us will meet up in the future.

I wish you ALL a Very Happy and Healthy 2005.

Win Percy

==

If you want to see Win thank you in person, I have a small video I made last year on the Jag-lovers web site on Win's page there, plus there are links to contact him and purchase his poster. Also if you want the DVD I made of his big race race at Goodwood in 2002, you can still purchase this plus tapes at the frist link below although they are now running out. All proceeds from these sales go to Win.

http://www.xkd505.com/
http://www.jag-lovers.org/winpercy/

Have a good New Year and Win will always be pleased to hear from you. You can leave a message for Win on his Jag-lovers page, I regularly forward them to him printed out nicely and he keeps them all in a folder.

Tony Bailey
Jag-lovers
Old 6 Jan 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1194445)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Tony.

Thanks for that. I was at home for Christmas and spent a lot of time in the dining room (as you do at this time of the year) where we've hung Win's picture. It sparked quite a bit of comment from guests.

Also welcome to our friendly forum.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1277326)   #24
pjh
Rookie

pjh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For what it's worth there is a "Retro Bloke" feature on Win Percy in this months Retro magazine.

Worth a look.

P.
Old 24 Sep 2005, 21:27 (Ref:1415631)   #25
JRTM
Rookie

Ireland
Orlando, FL
JRTM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

At the recent Revival meeting I spent some time sitting in the drivers lounge asking various drivers and other important folk to sign a poster for a cancer charity for which I am a trustee and Stirling Moss is a patron. One of the first to sign - after Stirling - was Win Percy. He did this with immence grace and pleasant good humour and was the second of over thirty signatures on the poster. Many thanks to Win for this gesture.