Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Sep 2021, 19:18 (Ref:4074376)   #51
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Old 17 Sep 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4074380)   #52
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I Only yesterday learnt there's a special carpark by the gate for superheros ( spotted a few cars/mobility scooters etc) . . . And a dedicated 2 wheeled peasants park.
2 lovely people welcoming 2 wheeled riders, and free skid-lid storage ( and jacket etc if required) it's free, with a charity box. Best thing I've seen at Goodwood in 20 years . . . .

Bumped into people I wasn't looking for, couldn't find those I was, and ended up being a peripheral nuisance with the green gang. Plug problems aside a good start to what should be a 'Champion' weekend for MB and Mr Jolly.
Old 17 Sep 2021, 21:45 (Ref:4074393)   #53
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I watched the live stream, and I doubt Marin Brundle is a happy as some were..... he was running in the Sir Stirling Moss Trophy, with their first race last event of the day. He and son Alex had qualified on pole and Martin started running well and pitted in 2nd. Great racing and he was involved in some terrific dices. Alex took over and 20 minutes or so from the end had a major engine failure, spun on his own oil and clouted the barriers hard backwards. No personal injury but his previously pristine E type looked a bit sorry for itself, as did another 'E' type following that also went off on his oil and into the barriers.
Otherwise some excellent racing in that event (other categories were just practice)
Old 17 Sep 2021, 22:17 (Ref:4074397)   #54
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A couple of scary accidents at Madgwick in the morning, and the driving standards regarding double waved yellows, by some drivers was disgraceful.

Weather was great, needing sun lotion at the Revival is a first for me.
Lots of nice tin and the cars in the Moss parade was stunning.
Old 17 Sep 2021, 22:19 (Ref:4074398)   #55
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Scary accident in the Whitsun qually at Madgwick, both drivers walked away unaided. Cars not so lucky.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0703.jpg   IMG_0706.jpg  
Old 18 Sep 2021, 08:48 (Ref:4074451)   #56
mab01UK
Veteran

mab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Timetable of the event:-
https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/...day/timetable/

2021 Goodwood Revival live stream
You can join the feed on Youtube in link below at any time and rewind it back to the start:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqIOU65IL_k
Old 18 Sep 2021, 10:47 (Ref:4074461)   #57
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mab01UK View Post
Timetable of the event:-
https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/...day/timetable/

2021 Goodwood Revival live stream
You can join the feed on Youtube in link below at any time and rewind it back to the start:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqIOU65IL_k

For those who want live timing it is on TSL via the following link

https://livetiming.tsl-timing.com/213765
Old 19 Sep 2021, 09:28 (Ref:4074627)   #58
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Proper rain 25 miles east, looks like Chi may stay mostly dry . . . Could make things interesting though.
Old 19 Sep 2021, 11:25 (Ref:4074633)   #59
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's wet for the Pre War race I'm watching. Great fun. I take it "Owlet" specification is about as pre war as my big toe?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 19 Sep 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4074704)   #60
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The Nash cars are exceptional in wet with solid back axle and the tyres they use..
Owlet is a copy of a Pre war car and idea was to come up with something different
Old 20 Sep 2021, 06:54 (Ref:4074753)   #61
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It certainly was. Very good to see.

Old 20 Sep 2021, 07:20 (Ref:4074755)   #62
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Highly entertaining, which is the name of the game. I got the impression driving standards improved as the weekend wore on.

Thought Draper/Drabble did well in St MArys, top 10 overall in a proper car.

Most amusing comment was Jensen Button being interviewed and his comment about not being as fast in the E as the front runners.

Good to catch up with JR, the gang, and many others.
Old 20 Sep 2021, 08:12 (Ref:4074760)   #63
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I had the usual delay getting back in and loaded up last night but I thought the Goodwood team had done a fantastic job with lots of extra events going on all around the track.Missed not having anything to drive but enjoyed the weekend. If you stop and think about all the organizing that must go in to this event its mind boggling. Members Meeting next.
Old 20 Sep 2021, 08:15 (Ref:4074761)   #64
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Goodwood 2021 team Delta J40..jpg
Views:	7
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	70645
Our J40 team. All the way from Lithuania.
Old 20 Sep 2021, 11:03 (Ref:4074784)   #65
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
With my Alfista hat on, loved the Thunderbird / A40 / Jaguar/ Giulietta battles in the St Mary's races - such a contrast of cars and power versus cornering and braking capabilities makes for a great race to watch!
Old 20 Sep 2021, 11:21 (Ref:4074791)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
It's wet for the Pre War race I'm watching. Great fun. I take it "Owlet" specification is about as pre war as my big toe?

Whatever the spec, it was sensational to watch in the wet......
Old 20 Sep 2021, 13:48 (Ref:4074811)   #67
mab01UK
Veteran

mab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Minis go to battle | John Whitmore Trophy 2021 full race | Goodwood Revival.
"Forty five minutes, two drivers, 30 Minis. These are the ingredients for the Goodwood Revival's John Whitmore Trophy presented by Sure, a magnificent celebration of the history of the Mini Cooper, played out at full throttle. The cars looked amazing, the drivers list easily matched it. Martin Brundle, Alex Brundle, Darren Turner, Jean-Eric Vergne, Neel Jani, Andre Lotterer, Andy Priualx Romain Dumas and more jumped into the tiny machines to fight it out for glory."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTJ0715dSWc
Old 20 Sep 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4074813)   #68
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by mab01UK View Post
Minis go to battle | John Whitmore Trophy 2021 full race | Goodwood Revival.
"Forty five minutes, two drivers, 30 Minis. These are the ingredients for the Goodwood Revival's John Whitmore Trophy presented by Sure, a magnificent celebration of the history of the Mini Cooper, played out at full throttle. The cars looked amazing, the drivers list easily matched it. Martin Brundle, Alex Brundle, Darren Turner, Jean-Eric Vergne, Neel Jani, Andre Lotterer, Andy Priualx Romain Dumas and more jumped into the tiny machines to fight it out for glory."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTJ0715dSWc
This is a historic motorsport thread!
Old 20 Sep 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4074821)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a fantastic race. The incredible save by #20 early on at the chicane (right in front of me) was just astonishing......
Old 20 Sep 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4074826)   #70
brands
Veteran

A couple of batches from Friday, first the Moss and BRM parades:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0843.jpg   IMG_0899.jpg   IMG_0938.jpg  

IMG_1298.jpg   IMG_1308.jpg   IMG_1345.jpg  

Old 20 Sep 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4074827)   #71
brands
Veteran

and some of the track action. A gallery is online at https://motorsportintheuk.co.uk/p580075624
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0018.jpg   IMG_0318.jpg   IMG_0347.jpg  

IMG_0679.jpg   IMG_1075.jpg   IMG_1245.jpg  

Old 20 Sep 2021, 17:57 (Ref:4074838)   #72
PBE
Rookie

PBE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

That's nice.....
May I very politely suggest that you do your research first before posting ill founded and disingenuous comments like these about a fellow ten tenthers car.

Since you clearly know nothing about my car, I'll educate you.

It is a rivet perfect copy of a car the Frazer Nash works produced for the 1928 TT utilizing many original parts. The chassis, running gear and body are to exact pre-war specification using all the same materials including a very heavy ash frame fabric body, cable 10" brakes, std chassis frame and axles.
The only current deviation from the original car, which no longer exists in this form, is that I run it with a vintage Meadows engine (rather than super charged Anzani), which is clearly highly developed with new internals etc, as all other quick prewar cars also have, and the engine is 1750 cc rather than 1500. As such when ever I compete with the VSCC in this car I enter it as a special. Many Anzani engined cars were converted to Meadows in period.

Most people just compliment this unwieldy and unlikely 'race' car which is really quite scary to drive for being driven quickly.
As John correctly states chain drive Nashes have a big advantage in the wet as they have no differential. Had it been dry, Swift & I would have been no where near the podium.

You would be welcome to come and inspect it for yourself and if you are very unlucky, take it out for a test drive....
Old 20 Sep 2021, 19:53 (Ref:4074843)   #73
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Nice clarification Patrick

Serious question. . . I was explaining (badly) FN transmission to work colleagues today, engineers but not car people . . . When I mention the proximity of derrier-moving components, everyone winced and lifted an inch off their chairs . . . . My question is, The photo's I found are a mix of simplex/duplex chains, my guess is originally big simplex but in the interests of keeping the wife happy a duplex is a wise move?

both are used in different Lambrettas which are chucking out double+ design power, A good IWIS duplex chain can take a lot . . . And the only thing I use.

For the hard of hearing I said Duplex. With a pee

As for stability, it looked like it was trying to overtakeitself in a straight line, in the dry from the pit wall on Friday . . . .

Last edited by zefarelly; 20 Sep 2021 at 19:59.
Old 20 Sep 2021, 20:09 (Ref:4074846)   #74
midgetman
Veteran

I do apologise for causing any offence. I thoroughly enjoyed your performance.

Last edited by midgetman; 20 Sep 2021 at 20:21.
Old 21 Sep 2021, 04:14 (Ref:4074877)   #75
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Always good to see the car in action, but why is it called 'Owlet, I wonder?
Attached Thumbnails
PJO_4999.JPG   PJO_5110.JPG