Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Aug 2021, 08:11 (Ref:4065224)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bentley Drivers Club, Silverstone, 07 August, 2021

A good old fashioned style club meeting which is always fun. FISCAR have a 32 car entry for our race.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 6 Aug 2021, 06:10 (Ref:4065560)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hope its a success John, sadly I'm away this weekend.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 06:47 (Ref:4065565)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Due to my present plumbing problems i shall miss this meeting for the first time in many years, it is my one 'must do' event in the calendar.

Any pictures, anecdotes, reports will be very well received.

Enjoy John,

Bob.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 08:46 (Ref:4065575)   #4
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Due to my present plumbing problems i shall miss this meeting for the first time in many years, it is my one 'must do' event in the calendar.

Any pictures, anecdotes, reports will be very well received.

Enjoy John,

Bob.
I'm there as a Club Steward, so will see what happens.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4065577)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bob, I'll grab some shots, hopefully, and post them here, eventually!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 6 Aug 2021, 09:44 (Ref:4065580)   #6
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
I'm there as a Club Steward, so will see what happens.
I shall be writing a report for the MOG magazine, so anything Morgan related would be most helpful. Thank you for your kind offer,

Baub.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 10:53 (Ref:4065595)   #7
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I shall be writing a report for the MOG magazine, so anything Morgan related would be most helpful. Thank you for your kind offer,

Baub.
No problem,
Old 8 Aug 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4065793)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Well, despite the threat of showers over the day, we only experienced a couple of very short ones, one of which occurred towards the end of our FISCAR race, but without any adverse effects, as it barely impacted on the track surface. Our race had 32 entries but with a couple of withdrawals and a couple that simply didn't turn up plus losing several during qualifying through mechanical issues, 23 went to the line and 21 finished so an unusually high attrition rate, but nevertheless a fine spectacle of fine motor cars, but I would say that wouldn't I? Other grids were good too and this, as usual, was a great one day meeting, so well done to BDC who had to overcome some electronic issues not of their own making on the run up to the event! I managed to grab some shots during the course of the day, so here are a few pit & paddock shots for starters:-
Attached Thumbnails
2021BDCPaddock 003SSJT.jpg   2021BDCPaddock 012SSJT.jpg   2021BDCPaddock 015SSJT.jpg  

2021BDCPaddock 018SSJT.jpg   2021BDCPaddock 020SSJT.jpg   2021BDCPaddock 023SSJT.jpg  

Old 8 Aug 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4065821)   #9
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few images from the FISCAR race for Mr Turner...
Attached Thumbnails
DSC06955.jpg   DSC06985.jpg   DSC06966.jpg  

DSC06972.jpg   DSC06977.jpg   DSC06982.jpg  

Old 9 Aug 2021, 07:17 (Ref:4065962)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
I see that Mike's Morgan 'Baby Blue' was out at Silverstone in the BDC Classic and TT race on Saturday, driven by Oliver Pratt, and still with the nickname on the bonnet.
Old 9 Aug 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4065977)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to keep up with most of the races, Bob, although I can tell you that amongst several Morgans entered in our FISCAR race, was 'Baby Doll', by Richard Thorne. Good to see Chris Dickens' lovely clear shots of our race above. Herewith a few more pit and paddock shots:-
Attached Thumbnails
2021BDCPaddock 031MSJT.jpg   2021BDCPaddock 037MSJT.jpg   2021BDCPaddock 039MSJT.jpg  

2021BDCPaddock 048MSJT.jpg   2021BDCPaddock 050MSJT.jpg   2021BDCPaddock 054MSJT.jpg  

Old 10 Aug 2021, 12:20 (Ref:4066129)   #12
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Love Chris Mann's Alfa 6C
Old 10 Aug 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4066168)   #13
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Love Chris Mann's Alfa 6C
Absolutely beautiful.
Old 11 Aug 2021, 06:57 (Ref:4066273)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yes, fabulous, as is his Monza in a livery ( see below) that pays tribute to Helle Nice ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell%C3%A9_Nice ). He is a true old style enthusiast. A few more, this time taken from the embankment by the road bridge over the Wellington Straight one of the very few places left where you can still just about snap over the chain link fence!
Attached Thumbnails
2021BDCQual&Race 114SSJT.jpg   2021BDCQual&Race 151SSJT.jpg   2021BDCQual&Race 177SSJT.jpg  

2021BDCQual&Race 205SSJT.jpg   2021BDCQual&Race 226SSJT.jpg   2021BDCQual&Race 195SSJT.jpg  

Old 11 Aug 2021, 09:21 (Ref:4066287)   #15
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Yes, fabulous, as is his Monza in a livery ( see below) that pays tribute to Helle Nice ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell%C3%A9_Nice ).
Hehehe re Hellé Nice I am just in the middle of reading Miranda Seymour's "The Bugatti Queen." Very interesting and recommended.
Old 14 Aug 2021, 07:14 (Ref:4066646)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Thought I'd post a few more; this time from FISCAR qually:-
Attached Thumbnails
2021BDCQual&Race 006SSJT.jpg   2021BDCQual&Race 012SSJT.jpg   2021BDCQual&Race 022SSJT.jpg  

2021BDCQual&Race 029SSJT.jpg   2021BDCQual&Race 048SSJT.jpg   2021BDCQual&Race 073SSJT.jpg  

Old 1 Sep 2021, 07:49 (Ref:4071457)   #17
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Belatedly, a few more of my shots from the FISCAR race itself. Also, for those interested, a link to the lengthy race report on our website which includes many great Mick Walker photos:-

http://fiscar.org/bdc-silverstone-2021
Attached Thumbnails
2021BDCQual&Race 288SSJT.jpg   2021BDCQual&Race 368SSJT.jpg   2021BDCQual&Race 388SSJT.jpg  

2021BDCQual&Race 412MSJT.jpg   2021BDCQual&Race 420SSJT.jpg   2021BDCQual&Race 446SSJT.jpg