Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 star's 14-year-old sister caught joy-riding

taken from annanova site:
F1 star's 14-year-old sister caught joy-riding

The 14-year-old sister of Formula One star Heinz-Harald Frentzen is in trouble after taking her mum's Mercedes for a spin around town.

Nicole-Nadine Frentzen, who wants to follow her brother into F1 racing, took her younger sister Samantha, 11, and her 12-year-old friend on a tour through Monchengladbach before being stopped by police.

Funeral director father, Heinrich-Harald, said although he was angry at his teenager daughter he could understand why she did it.

He said: "She has petrol in her blood. She already takes part in cart-racing and regularly beats the boys.

"When she has her driving license maybe she will try out for Formula BMW, that would be the next step towards Formula One."

Heinrich-Harald said sibling rivalry was not new in Formula One but brother-sister duels were.

"We have already seen sufficient clashes between brothers - but brother against sister, that would be something," he said.

German police say Nicole-Nadine will not face charges because of her age.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 13:37 (Ref:655832)   #2
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
odd! especially as she already races carts, you would've thought that would be enough hold the need for speed until she gets a competition licence.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 13:37 (Ref:655833)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So Frentzen has younger sisters ! Surely shew will beat him when she comes to F1...

..if he will still be there.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 13:41 (Ref:655836)   #4
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
when and if she comes to f1!!!

Would be good to see a woman beating the guys!!!
Old 8 Jul 2003, 13:52 (Ref:655848)   #5
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
It would be good to see women in F1, for the simple fact that women are able to drive just as well as men (the range in abilities is apparent in both sexes). It is just women are given so little support, which makes it incredibly difficult for them to break through.

"It would be nice to see a woman beating the guys". Well, it depends on your reasoning behind that comment. It would in the snese it would greatly aide the cause of women drivers, and perhaps make people a tad more sensible. If you say that on a some emotional basis, then the danger is always there that promoting equal opportunities et al becomes twisted into a reversal of the prejudice that previously existed.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 13:55 (Ref:655851)   #6
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She's too young to drive alongside her brother, HHF wouldn't stay almost 10 years. But who knows in 10 years F1 wuold look like. I'd like to see a girl in modern F1 beating boys.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 14:17 (Ref:655876)   #7
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would want to see women in F1 for theie # driving talent and thats all, not because of equal opportunities or anything else like that. If they have the talent then the should be allowed a drive!
Old 8 Jul 2003, 14:18 (Ref:655877)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
They are women and men, Russian.

I doubt anyone was seriosuly suggesting that HHF will ever race against his sister in F1.............
Old 8 Jul 2003, 15:07 (Ref:655921)   #9
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Poor girl's got petrol in her blood. That must be toxic. I say: Let her have her fun while she can.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 15:55 (Ref:655946)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here's a question: is Nicole-Nadine's sister's name Samantha-Suzanne? Judging by the family naming tendencies, shouldn't it be?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 8 Jul 2003, 15:58 (Ref:655949)   #11
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Here's a question: is Nicole-Nadine's sister's name Samantha-Suzanne? Judging by the family naming tendencies, shouldn't it be?
Initials SS?
Old 8 Jul 2003, 17:25 (Ref:656015)   #12
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Paul, its the same question I was going to ask
Old 8 Jul 2003, 17:35 (Ref:656027)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

...or Sarah-Suzanne !
Old 8 Jul 2003, 18:15 (Ref:656057)   #14
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She needs to be careful - in the UK a junior would lose his/hers competition licence for such a thing.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 18:50 (Ref:656107)   #15
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For ensign14: I did not mean to suggest any connection to Schutzstaffeln. Must be careful with these cross-cultural things...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 8 Jul 2003, 19:07 (Ref:656129)   #16
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
For ensign14: I did not mean to suggest any connection to Schutzstaffeln. Must be careful with these cross-cultural things...
I know, but I guess that's why they broke the tendency...
Old 9 Jul 2003, 00:05 (Ref:656389)   #17
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
women in F1 would be a god thing, and i think the designers would love it! just thing how much smaller and sleeker you could design the cockpit around a woman than a man!
Old 9 Jul 2003, 02:08 (Ref:656432)   #18
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wouldn't the "airbags" be crucial in that area though?
Old 9 Jul 2003, 11:28 (Ref:656751)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Not really Paulzinho... But it would be good to re-design the suit and helmet for something more...say, attractive.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 12:48 (Ref:656816)   #20
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Yeh, more Seven of Nine.

-Bill James
Old 9 Jul 2003, 15:22 (Ref:656958)   #21
high contrast
Retired
Racer

high contrast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wakey! Wakey!...Woman in F1!...Stop dreaming...Not a chance!...It's not about talent (or age) it's about strength (necks) and stamina.

If women could compete on equal terms with men Paula Ratcliffe would have to compete in a 'mixed' Marathon!...Her winning 'World Record' time in the last London event, would have placed her about 20th in the mens race.

Even the Williams sisters with their 'butch serves' would be beaten by the top men players.

The public perception that 'driver aids' means anyone could drive a current F1 car is a total media myth!

As regards the Police taking no action against HHFs kid sister because of her age!!!...Moral commit all your crimes when you're young!
Old 9 Jul 2003, 15:31 (Ref:656973)   #22
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
Originally posted by high contrast
If women could compete on equal terms with men Paula Ratcliffe would have to compete in a 'mixed' Marathon!...Her winning 'World Record' time in the last London event, would have placed her about 20th in the mens race.
...and how many cars are on the grid in F1 these days? So, assuming similar ratios, if the best woman is within that number of top men, we should see her soon, yes?

-Bill James
Old 9 Jul 2003, 16:27 (Ref:657039)   #23
BMW V10
Rookie

BMW V10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do not think there will be a woman in F1 anytime soon. Sarah Fisher tested a McLaren F1 car and Ron Dennis said that it would be near impossible for a woman to compete in F1. Sarah competed in Indy cars but F1 is more demanding.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 16:42 (Ref:657056)   #24
high contrast
Retired
Racer

high contrast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
paul collins...No! Women tried and failed 'before' they had this massive down force they now have!