Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 31 Mar 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3051144)   #1
Johansen2000
Racer

England
Leicester
Johansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car parking at Donington Park? (possible silly question alert!)

Hi all,
Next week I'm going to be attending my first event of the year at Donington Park and can’t wait!

Now, I'm totally relent on my fiancée to get me to the circuit and home again, for the couple of events I did last year we just left the car near the marshals sign on area but currently she 4/5 months pregnant and with our 2 rather energetic under 5 yr old daughter's there is a really good chance (especially in bad weather) she’s not going to want to stay track side and will want to head home to pick me up outside the track grounds after the event has finished.... So my question is (finally!) Once sign-on has been done and we are heading to the post, can we move the car to the outside of the track and where would the best/most suitable place be to park the car up so if she does decide to leave she can get out fairly easily?
Old 1 Apr 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3051852)   #2
CookieMonster
Rookie

Wales
Manchester
CookieMonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No such thing as a silly question!

Yes, you will be able to move your car to the outside of the track, best place will be dependent on where you are posted. You can get off the track on to the outfield just after Starkeys Bridge on the left (follow the stream of marshals!) or through the pit lane into the Paddock - turn left just before Race Control.

As long as you have the paddock pass in your car (should come with your passes), your fiancee will be able to drive around most of the outfield, probably just worth checking at sign on if there are any places you can't park. Donington ES Team passes usually come with instructions as to where to / not to park.

As for getting collected at the end of the day, I'm sure someone on your post will be able to give you a lift round to the Paddock if required.

Just a caveat - I'm assuming by "next week" you mean the MGCC on the 8th - if you mean the British Touring Cars the week after, all the above still applies in theory, but the circuit will be much much busier so may restrict some of your options.

Hope this helps!
Old 1 Apr 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3051885)   #3
Johansen2000
Racer

England
Leicester
Johansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
No such thing as a silly question!

Yes, you will be able to move your car to the outside of the track, best place will be dependent on where you are posted. You can get off the track on to the outfield just after Starkeys Bridge on the left (follow the stream of marshals!) or through the pit lane into the Paddock - turn left just before Race Control.

As long as you have the paddock pass in your car (should come with your passes), your fiancee will be able to drive around most of the outfield, probably just worth checking at sign on if there are any places you can't park. Donington ES Team passes usually come with instructions as to where to / not to park.

As for getting collected at the end of the day, I'm sure someone on your post will be able to give you a lift round to the Paddock if required.

Just a caveat - I'm assuming by "next week" you mean the MGCC on the 8th - if you mean the British Touring Cars the week after, all the above still applies in theory, but the circuit will be much much busier so may restrict some of your options.

Hope this helps!
Thats a brilliant help thank you very much! And yes I meant the MGCC, the BTCC clashs with my youngest daughters birthday so I'd be shot if i went marshalling then!