Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 May 2015, 09:50 (Ref:3543250)   #301
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It would be good if something could be done about the relative sound levels. The big difference is always the jingles; they are so much louder than the normal chat. Painfully so. The pit lane levels can differ to the studio too, although I see how this is harder to do. However the jingles should be easy to fix.
That's been an ongoing issue for a while. It seemingly happens in every edition of MWM. I'd have thought it would have been an easy fix too but maybe not. It's got to be difficult broadcasting remotely at these tracks.
Old 31 May 2015, 10:26 (Ref:3543264)   #302
gts300
Racer

Australia
gts300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
That's been an ongoing issue for a while. It seemingly happens in every edition of MWM. I'd have thought it would have been an easy fix too but maybe not. It's got to be difficult
broadcasting remotely at these tracks.
Glad I'm not the only one peeved with the changing volume levels. It seems to be the promo jingles that will almost destroy the speakers after listening the good natured banter. By the time you've reached for the volume control the jingle has finished and you cant hear the next story.

Mind you, at the price we pay for the content we cant really be complaining.
Old 31 May 2015, 16:48 (Ref:3543466)   #303
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I get that that ads need to a bit louder but I don't think the sound level difference has been this big ever. Has to be unintended but needs to be solved too.

Impossible to use headphones.

Last edited by deggis; 31 May 2015 at 17:16.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 12:00 (Ref:3544166)   #304
tigas
Racer

Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
tigas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It would be good if something could be done about the relative sound levels. The big difference is always the jingles; they are so much louder than the normal chat. Painfully so. The pit lane levels can differ to the studio too, although I see how this is harder to do. However the jingles should be easy to fix.
In my opinion, the new batch of jingles recorded this year made it worse. They were obviously "optimized" for digital levels. As an audio technician with no experience in radio (meaning, heavily discounted 2 eurocents), I feel that if RLM wants to balance itself with those jingles it also has to have a "maximizer" (call it Optimod or something else) cranked wide open and stuck after the mixer... Because the jingles have been very well stuffed with it already.

Cf. "loudness wars"...

Or RLM could just drop the jingles -9dB/ -12dB, which could be simpler and certainly a lot cheaper. As it is now, every time the jingles come up I make a lunge for my headphones or to the volume of the car stereo (I'm mostly listening to the podcast...)
Old 2 Jun 2015, 13:59 (Ref:3544203)   #305
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those jingles are definitely a bit too loud.

What was worse were the random stray short blasts of IMSA Radio jingles while listening to RLM. Ruined at least one of Jim Rollers anecdotes. The folks in the booth obivously didn't hear them and continued with out realising what happened.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 16:16 (Ref:3544242)   #306
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The jingles issue was a tech problem from London I gather - Believe it has been traced and sorted - You're right we couldn't hear it in the booth but I did hear it through the player later on.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 16:17 (Ref:3544243)   #307
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
On the subject of sponsors and adverts, before the days of "The Nissan Pitlane Team" and the like, there were actual advert breaks with the same ads playing all week long, which was much more annoying and interupting to the flow of commentary.

Also, any idea of when the Preview shows are planned for broadcast/download ?
Just finished recording them - will let you know as soon as I do!
Old 2 Jun 2015, 16:19 (Ref:3544244)   #308
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Now we have someone from Radio Le Mans present, I'll ask my Viper question again:

In the late '90s you used to play a Dodge Viper ad, it kind of went like this: a guy has a house with a small living, a small bedroom, a small kitchen, and a BIG GAAAARRRRAAAAGGGGEEEEE (add emphasis at will).

Graham, Do you perhaps have a soundclip of this ad?

Thx,

Vincent
I definitely don't - best option here is to drop a line in to the Midweek Motorsport Listeners Collective Facebook Group - Best of luck
Old 2 Jun 2015, 16:21 (Ref:3544246)   #309
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
On the subject of jingles, I am a big fan of the new 9pm jingle. It will probably get old in time but for now it makes me smile!

I do miss "Bono estente" though.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 06:59 (Ref:3544447)   #310
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Just finished recording [LM Previews] - will let you know as soon as I do!
Excellent, they're always a pre-trip highlight and the soundtrack to the journey down to the circuit (mainly because my passengers always complain about my taste in music).
Old 3 Jun 2015, 22:15 (Ref:3544736)   #311
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
LM Previews are on Radiolemans.com tomorrow, Friday and Saturday from 8pm - GTE tmw, LMP2, Friday, LMP1 Saturday - Podcasts asap after broadcast - First two 90 mins last 75 mins
Old 4 Jun 2015, 05:56 (Ref:3544811)   #312
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Thanks graham, missed MWM last night as it was my sisters birthday so excuses were not accepted.
Old 4 Jun 2015, 08:16 (Ref:3544823)   #313
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
LM Previews are on Radiolemans.com tomorrow, Friday and Saturday from 8pm - GTE tmw, LMP2, Friday, LMP1 Saturday - Podcasts asap after broadcast - First two 90 mins last 75 mins

Fantastic! Looking forward to them.
Old 4 Jun 2015, 18:59 (Ref:3544975)   #314
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Already said this on the MWM forum, but since no one in charge don't seem to spot it - could someone pass the word that we would like to get rest of the test day podcasts (hours 5-8)? I'm not sure if it's technical or staff issue or they've just forgotten.

I had sudden stuff to do on Sunday so couldn't follow the test live (not that it really was as bad this year now that there wasn't any static stream to go with audio and timing) and therefore I've had to try not to get spoiled by results from different sites while waiting for the rest of the pods to drop out. So I'm kinda living in the dark.

Thanks, Chi
Old 6 Jun 2015, 12:59 (Ref:3545518)   #315
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is the RLM site going through heavy traffic or something? Because it's not opening for me now, but it's not definitely not down as I checked it. Also if they were updating again like couple of days ago there surely had been message about it.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 13:28 (Ref:3545525)   #316
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There were certainly reports on FB before I left that RLM was down....
Old 6 Jun 2015, 13:36 (Ref:3545527)   #317
Deleted
Veteran

IIDRN says that the site is 'up and reachable'. So I don't know, connection just times out on the site...

Whatever surely it'll get fixed soon enough. Just wish I could listen to the second half of the test day already after almost weeks wait. I was told the reason they haven't uploaded them is because of the previously discussed sound level issues and fixing them, so good that they are rechecking them at least... but it's almost scrutineering and I'm falling back with not wanting to get spoiled.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 15:08 (Ref:3545544)   #318
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
and therefore I've had to try not to get spoiled by results from different sites while waiting for the rest of the pods to drop out. So I'm kinda living in the dark.
I can kind of relate as I'm watching 3 weeks old NHL games right now, but still really? It is just a test day.

The site is really down. radiolemans.com just redirects to radiolemans.0157.org, which is down.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 15:27 (Ref:3545548)   #319
Deleted
Veteran

Yeah it's just a test day... but every LM session, even these not so overly crucial ones, mean more to me than all other races of the year combined, so I do want to not get spoiled. I am genuinely interested in the outcomes and finding them out as-it-goes. The rest of the year, doesn't really matter if I was unable to watch the rest of WEC season and got told somewhere who won the championship or whatever, it's trivial in comparison.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 16:55 (Ref:3545564)   #320
Deleted
Veteran

Site is online again.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 04:44 (Ref:3546353)   #321
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cannot find this anywere, or maybe it's because I'm looking at 6am while knackered, but what ois the FM frequency for RLM?
Old 9 Jun 2015, 06:36 (Ref:3546379)   #322
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
91.2FM
Old 10 Jun 2015, 11:20 (Ref:3546818)   #323
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Radio Le Mans are now live from the circuit, I am currently sat at my desk listening Midweek Motorsport.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 13:34 (Ref:3546881)   #324
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh Studio Cam is back...it was great fun last week.
Old 11 Jun 2015, 15:13 (Ref:3547465)   #325
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Does anyone know if/when the Pit Lane Live (w/ Sam Collins) from this morning will be up as a podcast? I've tried rolling back the live stream but it understandably doesn't go back that far.

Edit - Scratch that, it's just been uploaded now. Thanks all.

Last edited by J Jay; 11 Jun 2015 at 15:39.