Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 29 Jun 2007, 12:20 (Ref:1949659)   #26
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Strange old weekend for the Audis, but you know what...they always seem to win in the end. See you next year!
Attached Thumbnails
lm9.jpg   lm15.jpg   lm21.jpg  

Old 29 Jun 2007, 14:50 (Ref:1949774)   #27
badgerbaiter
Racer

badgerbaiter has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
am i right in saying that some of those have had just a teeny weeny bit of help from Photoshop?

especially the audi/peugeot/aston one
Old 29 Jun 2007, 15:26 (Ref:1949808)   #28
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
not really, it was pretty nice late light. i tried to darken down mr green jacket in the tertre rouge one in levels for a print for my wall, but he's still there.

Last edited by kdr; 29 Jun 2007 at 15:35.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 17:03 (Ref:1949878)   #29
PaulCherry
Racer

PaulCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All excellent kdr.
Autosport had a photo of Rockenfeller trying to fix that Audi. Surely he was not serious.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 17:26 (Ref:1949894)   #30
badgerbaiter
Racer

youre saying that you didnt blur out the gravel in PP?
Attached Thumbnails
lm10.jpg  
Old 2 Jul 2007, 13:11 (Ref:1952286)   #31
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kdr- awesome. Just awesome.
Old 7 Jul 2007, 06:35 (Ref:1956686)   #32
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
scrumptious stuff there K,

like the presentation of the tryptic (sp) of the orange 24heures wall (san mec qui dort) and the bluey Audi mit taillights, then the Mulsanne-sort of sums it up those three.

like your edit for the six together, graphics work well together.

ditto for the esses morning trees, weird Spyker and MulsannePug reflect.
(I like how the transparency of the whatever stuff in front of the Spyker does its weirdness to the rear of the car, if it was someone else I'd go for "X" filter and masks, but am confident its pretty much that in the slide frame)
really do like the morning esses trees shot, lovely light and those trees are Lemans.

am always partial to the (what appears to be) the Arnage flaggie shot, I love getting those shots right, very nice. (makes me think how people get their knickers in a knot over noise--noise schmoise, its just a bit of grain--mind you, after seeing the Mk 3 16 and 3200 examples, I hold the D2 and gulp a bit, especially for theatre stuff, the Nikon is okay still but geez Louise, the 3200 Mk 3, cripes...)

Mike, the McNish one hander is very Le Mans.

to finish, viewing all your work made me feet tired just looking at them all. Must have been a slog with the rain but offset I guess with the lower temps not being so draining hiking around.

cheers

oh, and Badger, it doesn't need to be a 400 2.8 to put stuff out of focus. Can't answer for kdr, but look at examples of shots that have been purposely blurred in PS and you'll see a difference.
Old 7 Jul 2007, 07:09 (Ref:1956695)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Man, I'm so envious of the talent here its beyond belief. I was pleased with my amateurish efforts (not up yet - check back next May..... ), but they really pale into insignificance compared to the sheer artistry of some of yuor work. The best one for me? Ker's beautiful Peugeot - reminds me so much of days gone by. Glorious.

http://tentenths.com/forum/attachmen...1&d=1182765129
Old 9 Jul 2007, 08:55 (Ref:1958291)   #34
badgerbaiter
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
oh, and Badger, it doesn't need to be a 400 2.8 to put stuff out of focus. Can't answer for kdr, but look at examples of shots that have been purposely blurred in PS and you'll see a difference.
the shot in question has blurry gravel, but no blurry tarmac. the gravel is blurred unformly and then suddenly as it gets to the tarmac the blurring stops

dont get me wrong, though, i wasnt saying anything wrong with it as its a great photo i just wanted to know if i was right or wrong
Old 9 Jul 2007, 15:18 (Ref:1958731)   #35
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would say he's low down, and the gravel slopes downwards, so there's actually a lot more that you can't see before it gets to the tarmac.
Old 9 Jul 2007, 15:21 (Ref:1958737)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks so to me., but its an unusual shot, for sure..... Rather looks like they're swimming in my old fish tank......
Old 10 Jul 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1959934)   #37
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ayse, ours too, especially when yours truly has ignored cleaning the glass for much too long..

badge, you will notice that the tarmac is also out of focus right after the gravel, and the compression of a long lens always makes things look differently distance-wise.
Another important thing to look for with out of focus shots is the shapes that get made of the out of focus stuff from the aperature blades (not explaining properly, sorry). I have done fudge-work of PS out of focus for jobs, and you can mess around with adding noise etc etc to make it look natural, but its hard to get the real out of focus look in terms of how stuff changes when it is really out of focus through the lens-check out the "shape" of the gravel in the foreground in this shot.

I understand your questioning the shot, but do look at what I've mentioned and hopefully I was clear enough to help you see the points that indicate a PS gaussian blur out-of-focus job.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 07:31 (Ref:1960380)   #38
badgerbaiter
Racer

i'm afraid i'm still not convinced

the other thing that makes me think about it, is that the blurryness ends in a straight line parallel to the gravel. surely that wouldnt happen if it was DOF?
Old 11 Jul 2007, 07:35 (Ref:1960381)   #39
badgerbaiter
Racer

ok, i'm going to prove myself wrong now

i just looked at one of my own photos and it does the same thing (i.e. blurring ends abruptly). I didnt photoshop it, otherwise i would have remembered doing it

i do like arguing with myself

[IMG]http://www.xynamic.com/gallery/albums/uploads/lemans07sat/gp2675.jpg

Last edited by MikeHoyer; 11 Jul 2007 at 09:32.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 10:05 (Ref:1960511)   #40
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
f6.3 on a 500mm lens, canon 1DmkII.
That just looks like a low level shot, with the gravel OOF due to DOF.
It even seems to get slightly more OOF the closer it gets...
Old 11 Jul 2007, 14:28 (Ref:1960726)   #41
djb
Veteran

yes, K, good to see proper use of f.i. I'm still surprised some people don't stick even a cursory standard preset in.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 15:09 (Ref:1960747)   #42
badgerbaiter
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
yes, K, good to see proper use of f.i. I'm still surprised some people don't stick even a cursory standard preset in.
you'll have to explain that one to me, it went over my head
Old 31 Oct 2007, 13:21 (Ref:2055874)   #43
kdr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbaiter
youre saying that you didnt blur out the gravel in PP?
No, the gravel is just out of focus, as Mike Hoyer says it looks like it suddenly becomes sharp due to the fact that the gravel continues in a slope downward towards the kerbing, which you obviously can't see because of the rise as they come up the hill. Hope that explains things.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 13:24 (Ref:2055876)   #44
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It took you that long to think of that?!
Old 31 Oct 2007, 13:25 (Ref:2055879)   #45
kdr
Veteran

i've been travelling!
Old 31 Oct 2007, 13:26 (Ref:2055880)   #46
kdr
Veteran

and djb, the affect on the end of the spyker, its armco, the end of it was painted a reddish orange. thats a "pure luck" filter!
Old 31 Oct 2007, 16:38 (Ref:2055997)   #47
badgerbaiter
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
No, the gravel is just out of focus, as Mike Hoyer says it looks like it suddenly becomes sharp due to the fact that the gravel continues in a slope downward towards the kerbing, which you obviously can't see because of the rise as they come up the hill. Hope that explains things.
no need to reply to me anyway as i've been banned and dont go on this forum anymore
lol
Old 3 Nov 2007, 05:49 (Ref:2058405)   #48
djb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
and djb, the affect on the end of the spyker, its armco, the end of it was painted a reddish orange. thats a "pure luck" filter!
hey, you take em when you get em huh?

cheers and again, good stuff

D