Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 30 Apr 2007, 16:38 (Ref:1903549)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My theory on the mosiac was that it has been rescued, but I have no facts on this. Its removal was too good. Hopefully someone official rather than a scrupulous collector. It disapeared between my first and second visit (between June 2004 (?) and June 2006).

I was there about ten days ago (third visit); in a relevance to this sub-forum there was a guy up a ladder painting logos on the old building! I shall attach some pictures when the server lets me...

Unfortunately the time of day and bright sunshine didn't lend itself to atmospheric piccies.

Last edited by Adam43; 30 Apr 2007 at 16:42.
Old 30 Apr 2007, 20:06 (Ref:1903702)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wa-hey! Uploads are back! Attached are a small selection of my pictures taken 12 days ago.

The first is of the artist (re?)painting the Elf logo.

The second shows what remains of the tiles from the BP mosaic. I guess that removal of only the logo hints it wasn't done officially? (i.e. it was done quickly).

The third and forth show how Jaguar have got their grubby mitts on it. to commemorate the first win for the D-Type. Is that Jaguar logo as per the original logo painted on the building? I guess not. Excuse the bandwidth, I have made the plaque a little larger so that the inscription can be read.
Attached Thumbnails
painter.JPG   tiles.JPG   grubby mits.JPG  

plaque.JPG  
Old 1 May 2007, 06:50 (Ref:1903934)   #28
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does anybody know how many of the old signs they're repainting? (Adam, yes think they're repaint jobbies....) and whether there are plans to also do the grandstands?

For anyone that may be going - if you head into the village of Gueux, you'll see a church and pond on the left hand side. Opposite that on the right (before the junctions) is a little food place - apart from doing great steak, there are lots of photos in there too which are worth a look at and the chap that runs it loves to talk about the "old days" - not great English but with some French and hand gestures you'll get the idea, well worth a visit too and not far if you want to walk it.
Old 1 May 2007, 10:36 (Ref:1904059)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great stuff Adam, thanks very much for the pictures. I really do have to get there some time......
Old 1 May 2007, 11:55 (Ref:1904133)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Does anybody know how many of the old signs they're repainting? (Adam, yes think they're repaint jobbies....) and whether there are plans to also do the grandstands?
Yes I am sure that they are, in the main, repaint jobbies of the original logos. Although I have my suspicions about the Jaguar logos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Great stuff Adam, thanks very much for the pictures. I really do have to get there some time......
I find it is on the way back from Le Mans, but then I find Nurburgring is on the way back
Old 1 May 2007, 12:32 (Ref:1904175)   #31
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't remember any Jag logos there. The stands already are being painted.
Old 1 May 2007, 12:37 (Ref:1904178)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I am worried that they are going a little too far. Of course they can do as they wish and I am sure that the money from Jaguar has aided the upkeep of the site, but I hope they don't get carried away.

I liked one or two of them being 'restored', but it would be a shame if all originality (if faded) was lost.
Old 1 May 2007, 14:28 (Ref:1904249)   #33
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think its all going to be restored and if plans come off a new circuit built
Old 2 May 2007, 13:16 (Ref:1904981)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Yes I am sure that they are, in the main, repaint jobbies of the original logos. Although I have my suspicions about the Jaguar logos.
I find it is on the way back from Le Mans, but then I find Nurburgring is on the way back

Any reason to avoid coming back to work sounds mighty good to me......
Old 2 May 2007, 15:51 (Ref:1905073)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Learn something new everyday?

and if that reason can be to do with Le Mans all the better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
I think its all going to be restored and if plans come off a new circuit built
A new circuit? Permanent, road, when?
Old 18 May 2007, 11:15 (Ref:1915937)   #36
fraggs
Racer

England
Bedford, UK
fraggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.flickr.com/photos/renault...7600222111910/

I managed to visit Reims at Easter and took a few shots. Restoration work is being carried out there. I've posted some of my shots up in my flickr account, feel free to have a look at the link above. I've got more to put in there but its a slow job at the minute (I've still got to sort out stuff I shot at BTCC Thruxton and A1 GP).
Old 18 May 2007, 11:20 (Ref:1915942)   #37
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was a bit about Reims in the Observer this week (13.5) as the guys visited most of the circuits from Autodrome.
Old 18 May 2007, 11:24 (Ref:1915946)   #38
fraggs
Racer

England
Bedford, UK
I've read the article.. this is the link for it http://travel.guardian.co.uk/article...pe.motorracing
Old 18 May 2007, 12:11 (Ref:1915979)   #39
Suze
Veteran

England
Didn't think to look on the web - thanks, fraggs!
Old 18 May 2007, 12:15 (Ref:1915984)   #40
fraggs
Racer

England
Bedford, UK
its okay i only came across it by accident when I was looking for something else. i realised what it was when I read your post that it might possibly be the same article
Old 18 May 2007, 13:43 (Ref:1916064)   #41
PeterM
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
PeterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reims is Revived

See page 91 of this weeks Autosport. Demo event at reims 22/23 Sept.
F1/2/3 sports prototypes and vintage cars tracing the venue's story from 1925 to the final F2race in 1969 and onward to the present day.

A word of warning though. A similar event was mooted some years ago. It got cancelled as roads works took place and the diversion was via the circuit.

Its a free weekend for me so looks like a visit and the opportunity to visit some Champagne houses too!
Old 18 May 2007, 14:43 (Ref:1916099)   #42
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggs
I've read the article.. this is the link for it http://travel.guardian.co.uk/article...pe.motorracing
What a great little article, interesting to read, too.
Old 18 May 2007, 16:38 (Ref:1916149)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM
See page 91 of this weeks Autosport. Demo event at reims 22/23 Sept.
F1/2/3 sports prototypes and vintage cars tracing the venue's story from 1925 to the final F2race in 1969 and onward to the present day.

A word of warning though. A similar event was mooted some years ago. It got cancelled as roads works took place and the diversion was via the circuit.

Its a free weekend for me so looks like a visit and the opportunity to visit some Champagne houses too!

Man that sounds good! And, as it happens, that's one of the two weeks I have booked as leave this summwer (and no destination yet.......). I wonder what the missus would say if I suggested that Reims is quite nice in late September......?
Old 18 May 2007, 16:48 (Ref:1916155)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggs

Thank you so much for this.

You have to watch the video.

I said you HAVE to watch the video.

I don't suppose there's any chance of a higher res downloadable version anywhere?
Old 18 May 2007, 16:51 (Ref:1916157)   #45
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, the video is great, especially seeing how slowly they had to go on the Monza banking... A stark contrast to days gone by..
Old 14 May 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2880290)   #46
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I have a "thing" about Reims at the moment.
And so do I. First went there in 1983 and always try to get there if I'm in the area. Took these photos last Friday morning before the Spa 1000km. Literally up at sunrise to get them - the atmosphere is really quite something.

Couldn't resist a spin. Contrary to what I've read, the road simply went straight on to the disused GP section. A wonderful view and no-one about, so I took a few...er....gentle runs.....

...although it seems bizarre when the track simply stops in the middle of a field, just before the old Muizon hairpin...

But I couldn't help but feel the presence of Fangio, Collins, Hawthorn - and Musso thinking of the prize money......
Old 14 May 2011, 17:07 (Ref:2880320)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lovely stuff Martin, thank you
Old 14 May 2011, 19:27 (Ref:2880361)   #48
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thank you for sharing those pictures with us, they're fantastic - i'm going that way in 10 days and quite fancy a quick stopoff now!
Old 14 May 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2880374)   #49
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Every enthusiast should visit this place at least once......

Old 14 May 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2880399)   #50
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice photos, Reims is on the bucket list for me. I think next time I go back to Europe, France is on the top of the list.