Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 22 Aug 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3923748)   #101
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Godfrey and Bennett are now entered in the supercars - good to see but still hoping for more!
Yeah, was hoping for double figures, but at least the numbers have risen a bit.

No sign of Ollie though? Thought he might turn up in the Focus.
Old 26 Aug 2019, 06:55 (Ref:3924198)   #102
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ollie explaining whu he is not racing in Lydden: https://mailchi.mp/a224c118c4fe/olli...NF_tzBCO1tRksk
Old 27 Aug 2019, 09:24 (Ref:3924307)   #103
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mivec View Post
Ollie explaining whu he is not racing in Lydden: https://mailchi.mp/a224c118c4fe/olli...NF_tzBCO1tRksk
It's all a bit "toys out of the pram" isn't it? Pretty poor from Ollie to be honest.

Lydden was really hot yesterday (and I seem to have brought half of the dirt from Chessons home with me ) and that seemed to take its toll on some of the cars - the MINIs in particular seemed to suffer with dwindling numbers as the day wore on. Some good racing throughout again - Juniors and Retros in particular I thought.

Supernational really was a one horse race - even when he had to do a double joker thanks to a jump start Ovenden was able to win with ease, I was impressed with Guy Corners new Lotus though - looks like he's got the pace to challenge Paige Bellerby so that'll spice things up a bit. Also - Exige bodied Elise with a supercharged Peugeot engine - only in rallycross!

Supercar was a bit of a let down I thought - numbers faded and once Godfrey had nerfed Thorne out of the way in the final there was only going to be one winner, if he'd been caught behind Thorne then it could have been interesting. Godfrey seems to like a bit of side by side contact on the exit of the joker section - he came off second best when he tried it with Bennett in one of the heats but the same move worked against Thorne in the final and that gave him the gap he needed.
Old 27 Aug 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3924324)   #104
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Supernational really was a one horse race - even when he had to do a double joker thanks to a jump start Ovenden was able to win with ease, I was impressed with Guy Corners new Lotus though - looks like he's got the pace to challenge Paige Bellerby so that'll spice things up a bit. Also - Exige bodied Elise with a supercharged Peugeot engine - only in rallycross!
I agree that Clio is a league apart in performance, in fact Supernational as a whole has became a strange class. The Clio romps into the distance, you then have the 3 car Elise/Exige/VX220 group, followed by the SS1660's then the BMW and Swift at the back. It used to be a good mix of cars and close racing but there was some really spread out races yesterday.
Old 27 Aug 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3924325)   #105
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm almost in 2 minds about yesturday. In one breath, as you said Bert the best racing came from the Juniors and the Retro's but this also is the problem.

Yet again the entry list was fairly poor to start off with and with the amount of mechanical problems forcing retirments this only made things even worse. The one thing i cant get my head around is how the Swift's and Mini's are still suffering with reliability problems? These cars and championships have been around long enough now so that any week points should have been found and fixed a long time ago. To have 3 Mini's withdraw due to blown engines when only 8 were entered in the first place is just not acceptable. Also the fact the RX150 buggies were scrapped due to only 3 entries may sugest that there time is over?

After the statement from Ollie on Sunday explaing whats going on, there have been a fair few drivers supporting his statement to the extent were it seams to be more than just "toys out the pram" and as a spectator yesterday the rather poor organisation seamed to back that up. For instance, on Sunday night there were pictures posted showing the 4WD Retro's there set up. So you can imagine my dissapointment and that of several others i was standing with when they never showed on track only to then be surprised when they appeared during the lunch break to do "4 Demo laps" It then transpires that the reason there was no 4WD Retros is because they are off to Loheac this coming weekend for World RX and this is a bigger event which i think is a slap in the face for those who bothered to turn up yesterday.

Also, sorry for this seaming to be just a rant, but did anyone see the Rx Truck at the bottom of the Paddock. This we were told was going to be doing demo laps but it never moved and there was no one ask about it as it was dumped there and left. No one frome RX or truck racing to ask questions to, no info boards, nothing.

I'll be at Croft for the final meeting but that is only because im on my week of work and staying back with family in the north east, if i wasnt then unfortunitly Id give it a miss as on yesterdays showing, there are other events id rather spend my money on going to see.
Old 27 Aug 2019, 13:41 (Ref:3924355)   #106
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don’t think it’s toys out of pram from Ollie, he’s done a lot to support the sport and drilled a lot of money in, so must be disappointing when it’s badly run. Communication is the key, no one should find out that they’ve had a penalty at the podium celebrations.

I sort of watched the live video on Facebook, looked like a very spread out final. Whenever I watch BRX it seems that the difference in pace is just too wide, and therefore not fun viewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28 Aug 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3924480)   #107
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a quick one, here's my vid from Rd5 if anyone interested:

https://youtu.be/aL20l9WcjcM

Q1 = 00:00 - 11:16
Q2 = 11:16 - 26:25
Q3 = 27:03 - 47:30
Semi's = 47:30 - 51:13
Final's = 51:13 - 1:08:03
Old 28 Aug 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3924551)   #108
HoleInTheHedge
Rookie

European Union
HoleInTheHedge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Just a quick one, here's my vid from Rd5 if anyone interested:

https://youtu.be/aL20l9WcjcM

Q1 = 00:00 - 11:16
Q2 = 11:16 - 26:25
Q3 = 27:03 - 47:30
Semi's = 47:30 - 51:13
Final's = 51:13 - 1:08:03
Some Great Racing from the Juniors
Old 30 Aug 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3924887)   #109
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think BRC really does need to do something to try and find it's feet a little better. Things like this are silly, give off a very unprofessional image, like the poster saying stuff was advertised but did not run, that is just plain wrong in my view.

Talking of which was at Silverstone today watching WEC, RX track was easily accessible, the gravel is literally just a sprinkling of dust over tarmac, was quite shocked to be honest!
Old 3 Sep 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3925572)   #110
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Talking of which was at Silverstone today watching WEC, RX track was easily accessible, the gravel is literally just a sprinkling of dust over tarmac, was quite shocked to be honest!
I commented to my old man that it was just concrete
Old 3 Sep 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3925581)   #111
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that when they initially laid the Silverstone circuit it was actual dirt. Then in the opening BRX event on that cold March day it rutted up horrendously. So they've added a tarmac base. Pretty lame stuff.

Spa showed that if you put enough dirt down then, even though it will rut up, it's still driveable at the end of the weekend.

I think these guys just cut the top later of turf off and hope for the best at times (Mallory Beng another recent example).

Loheac is the worst offender for dust on tarmac though.
Old 3 Sep 2019, 13:39 (Ref:3925594)   #112
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Silverstone has been alright with it's course. Of course they've been problems in the past and maybe they've tarmaced it a bit much. Spa though seemed alright, made it quite interesting. Let's hope lessons have been learned when building rallycross circuits

Loheac, how long has that been in use for?
Old 3 Sep 2019, 16:12 (Ref:3925633)   #113
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
French tracks have the attribute of not having gravel as we are used to but they aren't pure asphalt either.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 08:14 (Ref:3925722)   #114
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it wasn't a classic, but there was some decent racing during the day. As has already been mentioned above, the Juniors were really entertaining (and have been all season). I don't know if it has been resolved yet, but I see their results were shown as provisional last time I looked.

Shame not to see Ollie in the Supercars, as the title was still within reach. Think the heat took its toll on the cars (definitely did on me!), as there were a few retirements in the afternoon.

As ever, took a few snaps...

...with a few more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57710685117812

For those who are interested!

Last edited by tbtstt; 4 Sep 2019 at 08:42.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 16:32 (Ref:3925824)   #115
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems a weird thing for Ollie, he has been involved for so long, also as a sponsor. Surely you can't expect a very amateur series to be run as well as WRX is?

But I imagine he won't be going anywhere, as his lad is involved.

Agreed about Loheac, the surface looked like sort of shaved concrete, Silverstone looked to have been laid as others have said, and Lydden is similar, a sort of broken but oddly well kept together bitumen substance.

Is it because the tracks can't be bothered to deal with gravel i wonder? or demanded by someone higher up?
Old 9 Sep 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3926862)   #116
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Surely you can't expect a very amateur series to be run as well as WRX is?
No, but you can expect some of the basics to be done right, he's not asking for a lot.
Old 14 Sep 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3927968)   #117
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ollie is back on the list

https://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/e...-r6-at-pembrey
Old 21 Oct 2019, 09:02 (Ref:3936024)   #118
sal the 2nd
Rookie

sal the 2nd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit dissapointed to hear that this coming weekends event at Croft maybe the last one for some time at my local circuit.
Old 21 Oct 2019, 09:50 (Ref:3936034)   #119
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal the 2nd View Post
Bit dissapointed to hear that this coming weekends event at Croft maybe the last one for some time at my local circuit.
I hadn't heard about that - is there an article anywhere with more details?

Also I saw something about 'winter rallycross' over the weekend - has anyone heard anything about that?
Old 21 Oct 2019, 12:56 (Ref:3936068)   #120
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I hadn't heard about that - is there an article anywhere with more details?

Also I saw something about 'winter rallycross' over the weekend - has anyone heard anything about that?
Lydden Hill website ...
Old 22 Oct 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3936187)   #121
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
There is a flyer for Winter Rallycross on the Lydden Facebook page...

...and, as Mivec said, a short article on the Lydden website:

Lydden Hill - Winter Rallycross Revived

Two dates thus far:

Saturday 9th November
Saturday 7th December

With more to come in 2020. I am not getting too excited yet, as there was supposed to be a winter event last year and it never happened: fingers crossed they get enough entries to warrant it.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 09:13 (Ref:3936198)   #122
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
Considering thats only 2 weeks after the final round of the BRx main Championship, I'd be very surprised if they get enough entries to make it viable.

As for Croft this weekend, there were supposed to be a seperate series of races for 2WD only cars, ones that are not already in other classes. As expected, that came to nothing! There dosent seam to be any plan of what they doing, just hoping people will turn up and make up the numbers!

If, as it seams there will be no Croft next year for either BTRDA or Brx, then that would be a very bad move in my eyes. How come the sport of Rallycross was invented in this country, yet we have the worst national series!! Sumthing needs to change ASAP!!
Old 22 Oct 2019, 13:48 (Ref:3936259)   #123
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
Apologies for double post, but there will be no Retro 4WD this weekend at Croft due to lack of time to get them ready for transport to Barbados! Also on the entry list below, both Laim Doran and Andreas Bakkerud are down for driving in the RX150 buggies.

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...1-21102019.pdf

Supercars = 8
Supernational = 9
BMW Mini = 9
Swift Jnr = 8
Retro = 10
RX150 = 6
Swift Snr = 8

Total entries = 58.
Old 23 Oct 2019, 09:27 (Ref:3936369)   #124
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
There is a flyer for Winter Rallycross on the Lydden Facebook page...

...and, as Mivec said, a short article on the Lydden website:

Lydden Hill - Winter Rallycross Revived

Two dates thus far:

Saturday 9th November
Saturday 7th December

With more to come in 2020. I am not getting too excited yet, as there was supposed to be a winter event last year and it never happened: fingers crossed they get enough entries to warrant it.
Agree not to get too excited but it does sound promising both because of the reference to BTRDA meaning it could be mixed up and also that they will just run 4wd, over 1600 and under 1600 so should be pretty competitive races. If it gets 60 entries then I could be tempted by the December one.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3936615)   #125
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
£145 entry fee, that's a lot of motorsport for the money