Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 8 Feb 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2629481)   #51
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snetmarshal View Post
Just a quick update, emailed sky about NASCAR and had a reply today confirming Daytona 500 will be the only live broadcast this year. (least I now know no need to get sky sports sitched back on) and now back to considering best options to watch live
Dam shame if this is correct how boaring will sunday nights be now......
Old 9 Feb 2010, 04:01 (Ref:2629663)   #52
Nick88
Rookie

Nick88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a Sunday night though either Sky Sports 4 or Red Button would be fine!! The only thing really on a Sunday night are one off events or Spanish Football really.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 09:46 (Ref:2629754)   #53
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Just called to cancel my subscription. Was handled surprisingly quickly (was on the phone for four minutes) but was surprised when I asked them to send confirmation and they refused. Has anyone had any trouble cancelling or did their request get handled correctly??
Old 9 Feb 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2629784)   #54
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well, just checked again and the screen has done dead. Very efficient. Hopefully the accounts department will keep up!
Old 9 Feb 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2629834)   #55
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
don't bet on it. A1GP & NASCAR were 2 major reasons for having sports, both now seem to have gone. I'm going to check the bikes but if thats with eurosport instead then i think i'll be ditching it too, IRL on its own just isn't enough.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2629977)   #56
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sky Sports Motto: If it's not football of cycling, it's nothing.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2629998)   #57
dominic
Rookie

dominic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it will save me £60 a month if there is no nascar my boy might be upset though because he will miss the football
Old 9 Feb 2010, 17:10 (Ref:2630000)   #58
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
hehe yeah the fella who I spoke seemed surprised at the negative response at his hopeful 'but, don't you watch football?' query... Nope, 'just Nascar and cricket and there's not much going on in the cricket department right now either.' He seemed genuinely put out!!
Old 9 Feb 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2630112)   #59
dominic
Rookie

the lady at sky tried selling me hd and i said whats the point when you cant watch what you want and seemed shocked when i said i will cancel 10 years of subscribing and now you might as well have channels 1 to 5
Old 10 Feb 2010, 10:39 (Ref:2630515)   #60
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All very well *****ing and moaning here, I am also very annoyed with Sky, may I suggest that you register your annoyance with Sky on their website, only by a number of complaints may their re-consider their position. Sunday evenings with a cold beer watch the TV won't be the same.

Bladders..............
Old 10 Feb 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2630728)   #61
dominic
Rookie

i have complained to sky via phone and has be listed on account perhaps the more people watch daytona the more chance of more live nascar. Received email from sky saying daytona is the only live event but this woman on sunday 7th of february there was none at all so no one knows what is happening if it is only high lights may as well watch 5.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2631371)   #62
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i got sky sports for this one month only, heres to the 500 in glorious HD
Old 13 Feb 2010, 23:47 (Ref:2632901)   #63
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Whens it on?
Old 14 Feb 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2633164)   #64
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sky 3 6Pm
Old 14 Feb 2010, 11:38 (Ref:2633187)   #65
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and i can tell you that the race will be dry therefore the only time the red might be needed is a big crash
Old 14 Feb 2010, 16:44 (Ref:2633274)   #66
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer View Post
Sky 3 6Pm

That'll be Sky Sports 3
Old 14 Feb 2010, 17:13 (Ref:2633285)   #67
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Saw nothing in the printed TV guide we get.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2633297)   #68
BrendanMcF
Rookie

Ireland
1 mile from Castle Combe Circuit
BrendanMcF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Saw nothing in the printed TV guide we get.
It was a last-minute deal, recently announced by Keith Huewen (Sky's Nascar commentator) on his website:

http://www.huewen.com/index.php?news&nid=75
Old 14 Feb 2010, 21:32 (Ref:2633408)   #69
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It looks beautiful on Sky Sports 3 HD at the moment.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2633758)   #70
acorn
Rookie

England
acorn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what the hell happened??

i always sky+ the sunday races to watch on monday morning. when i checked the planner at 11.00pm it said it was still recording. checked ss3hd and sure enough nascar was still on. sky was actually managing to extend the planner recording time to get the full race coverage(even though it was scheduled in the planner to originally finish at 10.00pm). unfortunately when i went to check the planner at 00.30, i found that the prog had stopped recording at 11.30(just after the race resumption) and i had missed the whole point of the race.

what had happened? it certainly wasn't my fault. did the sky person responsible for updating the epg go off shift? did they get fed up moving the finish time and stopped updating it? hd, what hd? the picture was soft and there was no h in the info panel(just a "w") indicating hd and the prog was not highlighted in orange(for hd) in the epg.

with the revelation of no live coverage(resulting in 100+hrs less viewing) for the rest of the year, i was in 2 minds whether to cancel my sports sub. this farce has now made the decision for me, it's going and saving me some money.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2633789)   #71
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It looks beautiful on Sky Sports 3 HD at the moment.
Although I suggest switching to non-HD when Keith and John are on screen...

Forgot all about it yesterday, so I personally was quite glad it all got delayed so that I could watch the end once I'd realised it was on. Let's hope Sky change their minds.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 14:01 (Ref:2633794)   #72
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn View Post
what had happened? it certainly wasn't my fault. did the sky person responsible for updating the epg go off shift? did they get fed up moving the finish time and stopped updating it?
My understanding is that it takes someone to update it. This often doesn't happen late at night or on the lesser channels. My tip is to record the programme after if you think it might be abandoned. Or set a manual recording.
I ususal don't and get caught out!
Quote:
hd, what hd? the picture was soft and there was no h in the info panel(just a "w") indicating hd and the prog was not highlighted in orange(for hd) in the epg.
The race footage was hd. Looked sharp and you could easily read the scrolling race position bar! The studio footage wasn't, so they don't claim the whole programme is hd (not orange) and don't use the logo. They often had this approach for NFL too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooley
Although I suggest switching to non-HD when Keith and John are on screen...
lol. It was alright those bits weren't in hd.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 18:20 (Ref:2635072)   #73
bathceltic
Rookie

Isle of Man
bathceltic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have recently looked at my Sky TV Guide and there is no live footage for the California Race this weekend and they are showing highlights on Monday Night!

I think it is bonkers, that they are missing out all of the races, they missed out lots of the chase races in 2009 and they didn't show the Bud Shootout Live and now they aren't showing the California Race Live!

Old 18 Feb 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2635553)   #74
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathceltic View Post
I have recently looked at my Sky TV Guide and there is no live footage for the California Race this weekend and they are showing highlights on Monday Night!

I think it is bonkers, that they are missing out all of the races, they missed out lots of the chase races in 2009 and they didn't show the Bud Shootout Live and now they aren't showing the California Race Live!

Since it's Fontana it's not like you'll miss much anyway.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 13:44 (Ref:2635609)   #75
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
and i can tell you that the race will be dry therefore the only time the red might be needed is a big crash

erm ......... you didn't quite get that right!