Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Jun 2015, 13:24 (Ref:3548403)   #251
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by naca View Post
I wonder whether any of the current Ford drivers will be considered for the Ford GTE?P drives that will be coming up next year. Apparently they are fielding 4 cars for Le Mans. Although I'm guessing Ford Australia will stop it from happening somehow.
There will be no drivers running with official Ford teams in V8SC next season... so its not likely...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 Jun 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3549959)   #252
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by naca View Post
I wonder whether any of the current Ford drivers will be considered for the Ford GTE?P drives that will be coming up next year. Apparently they are fielding 4 cars for Le Mans. Although I'm guessing Ford Australia will stop it from happening somehow.

Doubt it. There'll be plenty of established GT drivers putting their hands up for a seat so Ganassi and Ford wont even entertain the idea of a V8 driver getting a ride. They'll have no problems putting a stellar lineup together with Fords money
Old 15 Jun 2015, 02:37 (Ref:3550576)   #253
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Metcash has sold off Autobarn. Wonder if that will help or hinder anything for next year?
Old 15 Jun 2015, 03:24 (Ref:3550590)   #254
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Metcash has sold off Autobarn. Wonder if that will help or hinder anything for next year?
Story Here

Can anyone say "FIRE SALE"?

Autobarn & Midas appear on the 888 cars.. This year anyway..
Old 15 Jun 2015, 03:46 (Ref:3550596)   #255
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Can anyone say "FIRE SALE"?
Not including Midas they bought their 75% share of Automotive Brands for $58m and just sold the automotive group for $210m so that's a profit in my book, but IGA are getting smashed by Aldi, and the discounting from the big 2.

Tough road ahead for them.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 05:14 (Ref:3550610)   #256
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Not including Midas they bought their 75% share of Automotive Brands for $58m and just sold the automotive group for $210m so that's a profit in my book, but IGA are getting smashed by Aldi, and the discounting from the big 2.

Tough road ahead for them.
There were two other sizeable acquisitions in the trade parts area too, so its not pure profit unfortunately.

That the results are so unsatisfactory to the market probably also explains the noise around Bottle O not returning too...
Old 15 Jun 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3550659)   #257
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Another interesting piece in the Metcash sale, is that it appears (through omission not specific confirmation) that the Dumbrell stake in the Automotive Brands business may also be being sold into Bursons.

That said, LDM currently operate out of a shed in the Nunawading Automotive Brands complex.. wonder if that is likely to be maintained under the new ownership, especially in light of the above.

And especially if Bursons are going to get cracking at cranking out some operational and financial synergies, to get some of their money back quickly..
Old 15 Jun 2015, 12:25 (Ref:3550719)   #258
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Another interesting piece in the Metcash sale, is that it appears (through omission not specific confirmation) that the Dumbrell stake in the Automotive Brands business may also be being sold into Bursons.

That said, LDM currently operate out of a shed in the Nunawading Automotive Brands complex.. wonder if that is likely to be maintained under the new ownership, especially in light of the above.

And especially if Bursons are going to get cracking at cranking out some operational and financial synergies, to get some of their money back quickly..
They are painting the floor at LDM right now so they are staying for a little while.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 16 Jun 2015, 05:32 (Ref:3551016)   #259
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
They are painting the floor at LDM right now so they are staying for a little while.
About time, they have only been there a couple of years
Old 16 Jun 2015, 10:46 (Ref:3551086)   #260
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Todd Kelly to Stay, Moff to Go??
Old 17 Jun 2015, 03:14 (Ref:3551415)   #261
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The story around Mr Moffat's non-signing so far apparently is that Toshiba isnt set to come back as naming rights partner on that car.

Given the big Toshiba logos on the #1 and #888 cars, and the need to find new stickers to fill up the #888 car next season, it has you wondering if the commitment from Toshiba has increased over there instead.

Doesnt look flash for the Nissan squad to only have 2 cars funded, one of which by the carmaker.. and talks of a paydriver for the 4th car next season

Wonder where Mr Moffat might end up if this is the case
Old 17 Jun 2015, 05:58 (Ref:3551437)   #262
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GRM in the 3rd Volvo ?
Old 17 Jun 2015, 06:27 (Ref:3551446)   #263
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrut View Post
GRM in the 3rd Volvo ?
Is there sponsorship in GRM-land to cover that though?

And a REC...
Old 17 Jun 2015, 06:46 (Ref:3551448)   #264
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GRM in the 2nd Volvo?

Wall is headed back to pay driver/sidelined status imo
Old 17 Jun 2015, 08:31 (Ref:3551471)   #265
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
GRM in the 2nd Volvo?

Can GRM hang onto Wilson Security & Payce Consolidated without Mr Wall in the driver's seat?
Old 17 Jun 2015, 11:01 (Ref:3551496)   #266
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Can GRM hang onto Wilson Security & Payce Consolidated without Mr Wall in the driver's seat?
You'd have to posit that GRM are delivering handily but they are very loyal to Mr Wall despite his consistency.
Old 17 Jun 2015, 21:04 (Ref:3551669)   #267
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
GRM in the 2nd Volvo?

When did he leave the pay driver status behind?
Old 18 Jun 2015, 02:49 (Ref:3551744)   #268
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2/12/14

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/c...not-pay-driver
Old 18 Jun 2015, 02:58 (Ref:3551745)   #269
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Old 18 Jun 2015, 05:07 (Ref:3551758)   #270
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So Wilson said "Mr Volvo, get D. Wall a drive and we will sponsor your cars at GRM" and GRM subsequently pay Mr D. Wall $1?
Old 24 Jun 2015, 00:19 (Ref:3553491)   #271
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
On Inside Supercars last night, Mr Phelps shared that Mr Reynolds is on BJR's list to replace Mr Coulthard if/when he departs & joins Tekno, or somewhere else

This possible move has been talked about for some months.

Interestingly AA's 'The Spy' made reference (albeit cryptically) a few weeks ago, suggesting that the sponsor was not quite on board with the new pilot.

Wonder if the race win will improve Mr Reynolds' stocks at Freightliner, or perhaps BOC
Old 24 Jun 2015, 00:20 (Ref:3553492)   #272
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reynolds could move to BJR in 2016
Old 24 Jun 2015, 08:02 (Ref:3553541)   #273
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Super Black Calm About 2016

Interesting story. It has you wondering if indeed they shall return.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 08:27 (Ref:3553551)   #274
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dare I ask if anyone is game to do a list yet?
Old 24 Jun 2015, 11:32 (Ref:3553578)   #275
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Dare I ask if anyone is game to do a list yet?
I wrote the first one on April 12th..

Quote:

?

And there isnt too much wrong with it just yet... is there?