Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Mar 2015, 07:28 (Ref:3512356)   #101
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Speedcafe had a webchat with Mr Dane earlier this afternoon.. The highlights include...

Where will the REC come from?

...seems from thin air?

Interesting stuff...
it is odd that 2 so called v8 websites ask this

https://www.cams.com.au/media/news/l...-in-rec-tender

The three available RECs are available for purchase by parties to compete from the 2015 season. Each REC entitles a party to race once car in each Championship event. The RECs can be purchased as single entries or in any combination.
3 recs available
Old 6 Mar 2015, 07:46 (Ref:3512357)   #102
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
it is odd that 2 so called v8 websites ask this

https://www.cams.com.au/media/news/l...-in-rec-tender

The three available RECs are available for purchase by parties to compete from the 2015 season. Each REC entitles a party to race once car in each Championship event. The RECs can be purchased as single entries or in any combination.
3 recs available
I actually wonder if Mr Dane has purchased Tekno lock, stock & barrel

Interesting that 888 rejected the 3 car solution just 18 months ago Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Mar 2015, 09:46 (Ref:3512387)   #103
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't imagine obtaining a REC won't be an issue, there have been some keen sellers for the past couple of years, and can't imagine this year will be any different given that some owners it would appear are having to dig into their own pockets. I would be surprise if RD hadn't already sorted this.

It seems to be taken as read that DJR will return to a 2 car operation next year, so Super Black will need a REC as well, so even with no sellers this will only take the field to 27.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 10:43 (Ref:3512407)   #104
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The one thing I like about Three 8's is the way they go about their business. Yes at times RD does come over as a 5 pound tourist, but credit where credit is due, Three 8's is in the business of Race Engineering.

That is the difference to other teams on the grid. IF you looked at there model since they took over Briggs, they have strived to build the car, get the right combination of staff, support, facility to make the bits , everything that points to building a viable enterprise to race cars.

Then get the drivers , look back to the original drivers and you can see where they were going.

One thing the whinging pom does best is set a plan, goal , in action then build on it. I liken RD to a few smart football clubs. Build up the team, every so often bring in a new player , learn from the current lineup, and replace or let one go.

RD is like Edie Maguire of AFL, has the best, biggest following, and will criticise every one in the completion , and say hey they are not playing by the rules.
I am surprised others haven't learnt from RD's business plan.

To win , you must finish first, that comes by being clever of how you operate.

No use going in with a small budget or " they punch above their weight" , you either go in with a strong plan , great leadership and , like when I coached footy, get at lest 10% mongrel in all of the players and team support

Yes nice guys do win sometimes, but , if you are going to do it, then ...

But in the end, RD is still a five pound tourist and whinging POM, but a clever business man.

Now he will have to contend with one Roger , and he is no slouch at the racing game either, ( Note Penske in 2016 )
Old 6 Mar 2015, 11:26 (Ref:3512425)   #105
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
It is hardly 888's fault that they have managed to muster the backing, the engineering prowess & the drivers to 'own' the series for so long...
True, but supercars has to have a package that people want to watch and this doesn't seem to help.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 12:09 (Ref:3512437)   #106
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
It seems to be taken as read that DJR will return to a 2 car operation next year, so Super Black will need a REC as well, so even with no sellers this will only take the field to 27.
I would have thought V8Supercars would be more keen to see the field at either 26 or 24, rather than an odd number of 25 or 27.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 12:32 (Ref:3512451)   #107
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I would have thought V8Supercars would be more keen to see the field at either 26 or 24, rather than an odd number of 25 or 27.
Most likely an even number makes sense...

.. but what happens if the REC being used by 888 in '15 is actually JoBri's #21?

Old 6 Mar 2015, 18:51 (Ref:3512557)   #108
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Most likely an even number makes sense...

.. but what happens if the REC being used by 888 in '15 is actually JoBri's #21?

Should that read '16?????

RD's commercial savvy should have no trouble mustering an REC, either as a purchase or leased from another holder. Who wouldn't want their REC run out of the 888 stable?
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 6 Mar 2015, 20:54 (Ref:3512574)   #109
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why does it matter if there is odd/even number of cars in championship?
Old 6 Mar 2015, 21:11 (Ref:3512576)   #110
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Even numbers means two car per pit boom, odd means one car has the advantage of not being caught with pit stacking. But historically where there has been an odd number, the one car boom has been allocated to a backmarker, so not really an issue.
Old 7 Mar 2015, 00:02 (Ref:3512621)   #111
thunderbolt
Veteran

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/03/06/...ship-top-five/
"
Schwerkolt admitted he considered parking his license at the end of last year, but has no regrets over his decision to press ahead with the Walkinshaw deal.
“It was on the radar but never what I wanted to do,” he said of handing his REC back.
“I’ve been doing this for a long time now and feel I’ve still got a lot to offer the sport.
“I’m out there to win and it’s been a while since I’ve had a smile on my face. I’m pretty stoked to be moving forward.”"
Old 7 Mar 2015, 02:07 (Ref:3512640)   #112
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He and Holdsworth both look happy, Charlie certainly hasn't held back over his previous arrangement.
Old 7 Mar 2015, 02:12 (Ref:3512642)   #113
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So as far as DJRTP are concerned, Lowndes, Van Giz and likely Pye (prob end up at Tekno) are now out of the equation for next year. Who does that leave that would satisfy their criteria?
Old 7 Mar 2015, 02:31 (Ref:3512646)   #114
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaughlin is fast and while I think he is very loyal to GRM, if the unreliability issues continue this year, he may begin to have a look around.
Old 7 Mar 2015, 04:44 (Ref:3512656)   #115
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
So as far as DJRTP are concerned, Lowndes, Van Giz and likely Pye (prob end up at Tekno) are now out of the equation for next year. Who does that leave that would satisfy their criteria?
Moffat, McLaughlin, and Mostert would all be persons of interest. Others less so. Those three would be the brightest of the available stars.
Old 7 Mar 2015, 05:16 (Ref:3512661)   #116
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Would be nice to see Mr. Moffat Jr back in a Ford.
Old 7 Mar 2015, 05:19 (Ref:3512662)   #117
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Would be nice to see Mr. Moffat Jr back in a Ford.
Did Mr Moffat leave DJR on good terms?
Old 7 Mar 2015, 05:32 (Ref:3512663)   #118
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Did Mr Moffat leave DJR on good terms?
No reports that there was any bad blood, although if Moffat were to return, would likely be sans the Norton dowry that was an attraction in 2011.
Old 7 Mar 2015, 07:46 (Ref:3512668)   #119
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No reports that there was any bad blood, although if Moffat were to return, would likely be sans the Norton dowry that was an attraction in 2011.
there has been relatively little in the way of bad blood attached to the majority of the drivers who have cycled through DJR in the past five or so years... seeing how the majority of them weren't able to be retained in many ways - hell, each year brought all sorts of uncertainty about whether DJR would be in a position to front the following season. In any case, not too many of them have had an opportunity to get on the wrong side of The Captain or Cindric... and THEY will be the people who ultimately decide whether anybody's previous history with the ghosts of DJR's pasts would affect them taking a good car to the top of the food chain.
Old 7 Mar 2015, 09:03 (Ref:3512681)   #120
thunderbolt
Veteran

Quote:
look at the bad blood Alonso and McLaren
http://www.formula1.com/news/feature.../12/16725.html
Old 8 Mar 2015, 22:19 (Ref:3513091)   #121
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting move by Mr Dane, can he mould the kiwi into another JDub?

Is Teckno part of T888's expansion plan?

Does T888 help or assist SVG this year to win the title if the T888 guys aren't in with a chance?

SVG has shown over the years to be a fantastic driver, and in my humble opinion should have gone over to Europe and tried to have a crack at Formula1.

Did Mr Dane sign him before Walkinhaw or DJR Penske had a chance?
Old 9 Mar 2015, 00:17 (Ref:3513106)   #122
thunderbolt
Veteran

2017 Silly Season but they will need to start next year
http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2015...d-erebus-49745
"The controversial relationship that was launched with such fanfare in 2012 between Mercedes-AMG and the Australian Erebus V8 Supercars team has quietly ended."

"That means the current W212 body shape could continue in the V8 Supercars championship for some time after it is superseded on the road by a new generation E-Class that will have its global reveal at the Frankfurt show in September."

"
Maddison made it clear the team’s future use of the E 63 depended on where it landed in terms of sponsorship and manufacturer relationships, although with a new set of technical regulations due for 2017 he doubted any brand -- such as the much mooted Lexus – would come in before then.
“Our position is to get as much as we can from what we invested in in terms of the shape of the car and run that successfully and campaign that until Gen2,” Maddison said. “Right now the rules and regulations for that are being established.”"
Old 9 Mar 2015, 00:28 (Ref:3513109)   #123
thunderbolt
Veteran

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/c...-driver-market
"
While its operations moving forward have not been confirmed, Dane suggested to v8supercars.com.au his preference would be to work as a four car group, pairing TEKNO’s single entry with the third car in his Triple Eight crew.
That could make the seat a potential entry point to Triple Eight – therefore a coveted spot in pit lane.
"
Old 9 Mar 2015, 00:34 (Ref:3513110)   #124
thunderbolt
Veteran

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2015...lerships-49744

what will DJR-Penske run in 2016 ?
"
“We need to digest our trucking and transport acquisitions over the next 12 months, but out of the corner of my eye I would say there is an opportunity for retail automotive,” Penske told Australian media during a press conference at the Clipsal 500, where DJR Team Penske made its V8 Supercars debut with returning star Marcos Ambrose behind the wheel of a Ford Falcon FG X.
Penske’s interest would most likely lie in the prestige and luxury area of the market, as that accounts for more 72 per cent of his various networks’ global sales. Another 21-22 per cent is accounted for by Toyota, Honda and Volkswagen while GM, Ford and Chrysler brands account for what’s left.
“We initially started with a foreign nameplate focus and that’s where we have stayed,” Penske explained.
In total, Penske Corporation’s global retail presence is staggering, representing 41 brands through 341 franchises in the USA, Western Europe and the UK, selling a total of 398,000 new and used cars."
Old 9 Mar 2015, 13:20 (Ref:3513279)   #125
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Van Gisbergen Joins Factory McLaren Driver Roster

I guess this is the extracurricular activities Mr Dane said he approved of ?

Its a pretty big deal.. Nicely done..