Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Sep 2018, 07:50 (Ref:3853219)   #1
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poultry Campsite tickets...

Peeps

This year we paid what I think was almost double for some campsite tickets. Now I don't mind an agency making a decent profit but this was double what other agents were selling them for, so it feels like we were over-charged.

Can anyone confirm the price they paid for Epinettes camping please?

I think we might have to find an alternative route for those tickets, if my suspicions are correct.

We paid £150 per pitch. I'm sure I saw some people selling there spare Epinettes pitches at around £70.

Cheers!
Old 29 Sep 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3853239)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
Peeps

This year we paid what I think was almost double for some campsite tickets. Now I don't mind an agency making a decent profit but this was double what other agents were selling them for, so it feels like we were over-charged.

Can anyone confirm the price they paid for Epinettes camping please?

I think we might have to find an alternative route for those tickets, if my suspicions are correct.

We paid £150 per pitch. I'm sure I saw some people selling there spare Epinettes pitches at around £70.

Cheers!
In 2016, the official price if bought direct from the ACO ticket office was 95 euros for non ACO members, or 80.75 euros with the ACO member discount, so I'm guessing 2017 prices were either the same, or a couple of euros more, which means your agency applied a 50+% mark up (although they may well have received a further discount on face value, as an agency).
Old 29 Sep 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3853253)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wouldn't say a 50% markup was that unusual or even excessive. Many are happy to pay this to be sure of getting what they want.
Old 29 Sep 2018, 20:28 (Ref:3853329)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well not sure when they actually go on sale but not yet, you can get tickets from the ACO as a member usually for about a week before they are released to the public. I have for many years used the Tourist office they do now charge an extra 5% but you get them on the same date as ACO members if you are a member. I know that some for some of the popular sites have a waiting list but for sites like epinettes i would have thought you just need to contact them and fill in the form they will send you once the sites are for sale. The ACO and Tourist office give you a discount on 2 camping tickets as well as 6 race tickets so being a member pays for itself.
Old 29 Sep 2018, 21:58 (Ref:3853345)   #5
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers

I think I read somewhere that 'print your own' tickets were going for around 72 EUR.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3853540)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
Cheers

I think I read somewhere that 'print your own' tickets were going for around 72 EUR.
Both the aco and tourist office give you that option which saves the 25 euro postage, but i prefer to have the actual tickets as i can then give the group a proper ticket rather than a cheap a4 print and also keep mine to add to my collection..
Old 2 Oct 2018, 08:16 (Ref:3853989)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've never bought a print your own ticket, but for some illogical reason, I just don't feel comfortable with that as a concept.......
Old 2 Oct 2018, 12:50 (Ref:3854040)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've never bought a print your own ticket, but for some illogical reason, I just don't feel comfortable with that as a concept.......
i now "print your own" for all other races but for Le Mans i like to have a real ticket that i can keep. Also with the cost shared over 4 camping and 6 race tickets it is not a lot anyway.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 10:34 (Ref:3855388)   #9
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When do all the camping tickets, grandstand tickets etc go on sale to the general public? It must be rolling around by now.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 16:01 (Ref:3855461)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
When do all the camping tickets, grandstand tickets etc go on sale to the general public? It must be rolling around by now.
Beware quite a few campsites never seem to appear on the ACO site even on the first day for members, those sites are restricted to pre orders or sold via agents, who all have a limited allocation.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3855612)   #11
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Beware quite a few campsites never seem to appear on the ACO site even on the first day for members, those sites are restricted to pre orders or sold via agents, who all have a limited allocation.
Too true, agencies seem to have their requests fulfilled prior to ACO members and the general public, and the sites deemed most desirable never appear on the ACO ticketing site (or at least, very rarely). My biggest grievance though, is that ACO member grandstand seats (T17 and T18) are made available to agencies. I have always deemed this practice to be totally unethical on the part of the ACO ticketing department. In doing so, they blatantly disregard their own marketing of these grandstands as being reserved for ACO members only, with members limited to purchasing two seats per membership. The ACO actually quotes the combined total number of seats in those grandstands as being available exclusively to ACO members, and one of the privileges of being an ACO member...complete and utter BS!!!

Anyway, mini rant over and back to the topic of campsites...
Old 8 Oct 2018, 10:35 (Ref:3855390)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
19th October at 10 am for the general public.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 10:54 (Ref:3855395)   #13
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
19th October at 10 am for the general public.
I was expecting a reply in days not minutes. Well thanks for that.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3855396)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No problem mate.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3855718)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I only know one ticketing agency to any extent James but I do know that you can only buy T17 and T18 tickets from them if you are an ACO member. That said, I agree entirely though with the sentiment.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 12:17 (Ref:3855900)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Had an emsil from the tourist office to say the forms for ticket applications will be sent soon, but no date
Old 11 Oct 2018, 17:29 (Ref:3856137)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Forms being sent out 16th from tourist office so fingers crossed i will get my allocation.
Old 11 Oct 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3856138)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That’s basically why I stopped buying through the ACO. That and several years of no order confirmation, awful communication, late ticket delivery and lost orders.
Old 12 Oct 2018, 16:08 (Ref:3856291)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Had ACO renewal form today Eur 109 this year
Old 17 Oct 2018, 20:31 (Ref:3857364)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Form received completed, sent off and camping tickets confirmed happy bunny for sure
Old 20 Oct 2018, 10:25 (Ref:3857902)   #21
crooky
Racer

So just looked at the camping tickets and my ‘good friend’ Beausejour is yet again the only one available. I’ve camped there twice before, firstly it was the only option and lastly because it was the only option..

Although I do love the vibe of the campsite and the weird and wonderful sights you see it is quite a trek down to the main grandstands and even further to the mythical tram station that some say takes you to a nearby French city. Not that I would know.

How do you get tickets for the other campsites? Are they all though the travel agencies and are they a lot more money than the yellow one?
Old 20 Oct 2018, 11:17 (Ref:3857910)   #22
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
So just looked at the camping tickets and my ‘good friend’ Beausejour is yet again the only one available. I’ve camped there twice before, firstly it was the only option and lastly because it was the only option..

Although I do love the vibe of the campsite and the weird and wonderful sights you see it is quite a trek down to the main grandstands and even further to the mythical tram station that some say takes you to a nearby French city. Not that I would know.

How do you get tickets for the other campsites? Are they all though the travel agencies and are they a lot more money than the yellow one?
You have to go the agencies, mark up overhere is €20,- I think that is not to bad.
Old 20 Oct 2018, 11:18 (Ref:3857911)   #23
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has Epinettes got numbered pitches?
Old 20 Oct 2018, 13:59 (Ref:3857934)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Has Epinettes got numbered pitches?
As far as i am aware all spaces on epinettes are numbered, of the better sites only TR is still first come first served. Several mates use Epinettes nowe and like it.
Old 20 Oct 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3857954)   #25
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
As far as i am aware all spaces on epinettes are numbered, of the better sites only TR is still first come first served. Several mates use Epinettes nowe and like it.
There are no pitch numbers on my tickets.