Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 Dec 2004, 19:44 (Ref:1169258)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch ( Paddock Hill bend ) alterations (1960's ?)

I was a bit bored last night , So i dug out the 1967 Race of Champions video tape to watch ....and it got me thinking ...

When was Paddock Hill Bend tightened up to make it near the bend and corner that we have today . I know that is was tightened up abit in the 80's ....but watching again the footage of the 1967 F1 race , it looked like they had just made some circuit alterations then ...judging by the amount of mud that was at the circuit edge and spectator banking to Hailwood Hill , by bringing the corner a little bit forward from the sweeping position it had been ?

Its such a superb corner to watch from , i was wondering if anyone could remember much about its history ?..

Last edited by Sato san; 1 Dec 2004 at 19:49.