Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Oct 2007, 16:48 (Ref:2038656)   #1
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands FFord Festival

Got my tickets today and can't wait for what, although not as good as it was a few years back (Kent engined era) is still a great event.

There is a timetable here.... http://www.brscc.co.uk/calendar/46.html
but no finals as yet.

Anyone else camping?

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 12 Oct 2007, 17:38 (Ref:2038687)   #2
staid davenport
Racer

England
London
staid davenport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I havn't had tickets yet :-(

Stupid postal strike.
Old 12 Oct 2007, 17:49 (Ref:2038694)   #3
Racergal
Rookie

Northern Ireland
Omagh
Racergal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got my tickets through yesterday as slowly getting all the post I have been waiting for, including my GP marshalling application form.
I just got a dilemna as really wanna see the Brazilian GP live as Hamilton *should* be winning the championship, or at least it will be an exciting monumental race. And I am not sure if the F Ford racing will finish in time, and plus the prizegivings will be in the Kentagon so not even gonna be able to watch on the tv there. Arghhhhh!
Old 12 Oct 2007, 19:24 (Ref:2038761)   #4
Calex
Racer

United Kingdom
East Kent
Calex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try here for the time table

https://tickets.motorsportvision.co....imetable_1.pdf
Old 12 Oct 2007, 20:01 (Ref:2038803)   #5
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to say I will NOT be marshalling this fabulous (still!) meeting for the first time in nearly 2 decades. Personal issues..., sorry.

Wish you all the best and... play safe!
Old 13 Oct 2007, 08:21 (Ref:2039053)   #6
staid davenport
Racer

England
London
I was only going to do the saturday - because of hamilton-related issues...but then again I only ever do saturdays!

The saturday looks ok this year - well aside from the hour-long caterham race...
Old 13 Oct 2007, 09:17 (Ref:2039082)   #7
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Quote:
Originally Posted by staid davenport
The saturday looks ok this year - well aside from the hour-long caterham race...
I don't know, caterham's on the indy circuit, could be a cracker.

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 13 Oct 2007, 11:36 (Ref:2039149)   #8
staid davenport
Racer

England
London
When do you think I should start panicking about not having tickets yet? I am lothe to start emailing Mildred yet - I think she gets a bit annoyed with me asking where my tickets are all the time!
Old 15 Oct 2007, 21:53 (Ref:2041155)   #9
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the first time since the late 90's I will not be marshalling the festival. This is for reasons that I will not air on this forum but I hope that it all goes smoothly and that post 4 is a bit quieter than last year (should be as Evil Pumpkin and myself won't be on post! )

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 15 Oct 2007, 22:15 (Ref:2041170)   #10
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I stopped marshalling the FFF when they started to get less than 300 entries

(p.s. remember the year that Johnnie Herbert won? From a 10 second delay in his heat? Guess who gave him the delay??)

But don't care.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 09:10 (Ref:2041434)   #11
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch chap
Sorry to say I will NOT be marshalling this fabulous (still!) sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1
For the first time since the late 90's I will not be marshalling the festival.
I will be marshalling my 19th consecutive festival, but it's so sad that it's become a pale ghost of what it used to be.
Likewise many well-kent (yes, that is pun) faces will be missing from the bank. Big Frank not being there will be especially strange, Mike, I hope you'll be back in future years, and as for Mr&Mrs Pumpkin-Magnet, this may just be a tempory blip whilst they nuptualise out in the desert sands.

Hey ho, here's to a good Formula Caterham Ford Kent Duratec festival.

Just don't mention the damn Zetecs that just about killed it all.

See y'all all Friday am.

PS Staid - not ticket issues AGAIN
Old 16 Oct 2007, 09:33 (Ref:2041462)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well obviously we can't go this year! But I don't think we'll be back in the current climate. I suspect for exactly the same reasons as Mike and DC. Pity to break a tradition. Please give everyone our best regards anyway - and give Roger a hug for me!
Old 16 Oct 2007, 10:00 (Ref:2041499)   #13
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Well obviously we can't go this year! But I don't think we'll be back in the current climate. I suspect for exactly the same reasons as Mike and DC. Pity to break a tradition. Please give everyone our best regards anyway - and give Roger a hug for me!
Roger has (had?) issues as well, and I'm not sure if he'll be there either.
but if he's there...

Sad. innit
Old 16 Oct 2007, 10:02 (Ref:2041501)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
oh well - give him a hug for me next time you see him then please!
Old 16 Oct 2007, 13:08 (Ref:2041720)   #15
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Having missed the FFF last year I'm not aware of the "issues" that are stopping some people from attending but it will be strange not seeing some of the people normally there. Not sure if I can make Friday now but will be there Saturday and Sunday.

EP and MagnetON; Hope you have a great time in the sand!
Old 16 Oct 2007, 13:17 (Ref:2041726)   #16
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was going to come as I enjoyed Brands a fortnight ago. My op has put pay to that.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 19:46 (Ref:2042132)   #17
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
I'm aware of "the issues", but haven't had bad experiences myself, so that's not the reason for me. To those who were involved in these "issues": I'm really sorry for you.

To all the others: have fun and play safe.

Can some one please tell Don Basins (he's not around here anymore, is he?) he'll have to do without me on post 5 this year? Must be a relief for him!
Old 16 Oct 2007, 20:00 (Ref:2042141)   #18
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher
Roger has (had?) issues as well, and I'm not sure if he'll be there either.
but if he's there...

Sad. innit
OMG, not Roger as well!!

It seems something has to change. Hey, I'm just a bystander but I've seen familiar things happen before.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 20:14 (Ref:2042153)   #19
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
I keep thinking "this year will be the lowest point"
Maybe at last with the demise of the Zetec class, it will be.
However popular Duratec gets though, I'm sure it'll never reach the heights that the Kent engined festivals got to. Looking at some driver's comments, perhaps other changes might help the event, but I doubt it. Lets just enjoy it for what it is, an end of season knockout.

Dutch Chap - hope you'll be back again another time
Old 16 Oct 2007, 20:42 (Ref:2042177)   #20
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher
........ I'm sure it'll never reach the heights that the Kent engined festivals got to. ...............
Yeah, gone are the days of wall-to-wall Formula Ford 1600 from 1st thing Friday morning through to close of play on the Sunday, with a full week of testing before hand!
Old 17 Oct 2007, 06:36 (Ref:2042376)   #21
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there as well, but only for two days. Don't know if I should be happy or sad about that with an entry like they have.

I know a lot of people will be sad as of now.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 13:27 (Ref:2042675)   #22
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSheds
Yeah, gone are the days of wall-to-wall Formula Ford 1600
No......just moved to the Walter Hayes Trophy!!!!!

(200 entries this year I wager)

EDIT

Finals now online (see my first post for link)

36 Duratec
39 1600
4 (!!!!!) 1800 pathetic.

........and "thousands" of Caterhams

Last edited by Stack; 17 Oct 2007 at 13:34.

Old 17 Oct 2007, 16:36 (Ref:2042816)   #23
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It`s FF Festival time, STILL the best event of the year, and as per usual the whinging hoardes appear, dissing the event, and saying how much better it was way back in the distant past.

This will be my 20th. I dare say there are many out there that can easily beat that.

YES, it ain`t a patch on what it was.

BUT why stand around crying about it and whining.

If you don`t like it then stay at home and read an 80s Autosport report from one of the "glory" years.

Cumulatively there are around 80 or so FFords, which is about half of what you would need for a decent 8-heater Festival.

But there are around twice the number of Duratecs than there were last year - which isn`t bad considering only 2 national series exist worldwide.

And there IS a FULL week of testing (well, save for Monday). I know cos I`ve just come back from some of it. The Kudos remains, and will probably only ever go if there ceases to be a top-flight National series of FF. It would obviously be nice to have double the entry, but at the end of the day it will be the Final that the event is remembered by, and this year`s Final will hopefully be as memorable as all the others.

I`ve never been to the WHT, but I very much doubt its Grand Final has ANYWHERE NEAR the atmosphere and tension about it that Brands` will have at around half 4 on Sunday afternoon.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 16:46 (Ref:2042825)   #24
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio
I`ve never been to the WHT, but I very much doubt its Grand Final has ANYWHERE NEAR the atmosphere and tension about it that Brands` will have at around half 4 on Sunday afternoon.
I would wager there are many spectators and drivers who would disagree with you there Elio......maybe you should go this year, I think you would be surprised. Last year there were 5 near full grid heats, plus the usual repechage on the Sunday leading up to the semis and the final.

It's a veritable feast for FF1600 enthusiasts!!
Old 17 Oct 2007, 18:22 (Ref:2042928)   #25
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio
It`s FF Festival time, STILL the best event of the year, and as per usual the whinging hoardes appear, dissing the event, and saying how much better it was way back in the distant past.
The reason I am not marshalling this year has nothing to do with "how much better it was way back in the distant past" but because of a decision that a senior BRSCC official has made about my son marshalling. If it wasn't for that decision I would have been down there like a shot, as I have done for the last 10 years. As I said in my earlier post, I will not air my disagreement on this forum.

I hope that all involved in the FFF enjoy the meeting and that the weather is kinder than last years wet Sunday.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!