Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Mar 2009, 01:43 (Ref:2415296)   #1
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NZ V8s Final Round Pukekohe

Does anyone know what timing company they use i want to know some results??
Old 14 Mar 2009, 03:12 (Ref:2415311)   #2
simon wills
Racer

New Zealand
Adelaide
simon wills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I go to www.mylaps.com
Old 14 Mar 2009, 03:54 (Ref:2415316)   #3
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't believe the season is over already.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2416154)   #4
Geewizz
Racer

Geewizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Johnny Mac have problems over the weekend? Not taking anything away from Scooter (well deserved win, and good to see the championship so close), but Johnny seemed off the pace all weekend.
I know it was mathematical for him to concentrate on keeping out of trouble, but he never really ran any higher than 6th, even qualifying didn't go too well.

At the start of the last few seasons he has come out of the box at Puke and run at the front.

Particularly in the reverse grid final race it would have seemed he could have sewn it up, but by the looks the other boys who started behind him he just couldn't run with them.
Down on power engine?

Anyway, congrats to Scooter and team!
Old 16 Mar 2009, 03:28 (Ref:2416387)   #5
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It was indeed a strange week-end for the NZV8 championship. I watched Johnny Mac scorch around time after time in qualifying and each time setting a similar time, that was under a few of the others. Oh, half a dozen laps or so as the seconds ticked away. Just couldnt seem to get that thing going well. Then, in that last race, he just didnt have the pace again while Kayne just blitzed the field. Kayne Scotts drive to the front was unbelieveably good and although there may have been a hint of luck here and there it was all Championship winning driving from this quiet but very very efficient driving machine. I was sooo glad i was there to see it (cos we have to wait a MONTH before we can see that race on the telly.)

John made some brilliant passes, some, in places where he was expected too but he got past anyway and despite best efforts toimpede him. Just couldnt close the gap to the front runners. I prayed for a yellow or better, safety car so that the field could bunch up again but alas, ALL of these brilliant specimens drove the wheels off their cars and Johnny just didnt have an answer.

I dont remember him refering to a lack of power at the Presentations. As with Kayne in defeat last year, John was noble and modest and congratulatory while his heart must have been breaking..

Out of a possble 1575 points on offer to somebody who could win every single race in the whole championship, to be behind by 9 points, and to need just 10 to have clinched the title, John was a mere fag paper behind. Still, second is second as they say and I cant wait until it all starts up again later in the year. They will both have bairdo to contend with nexy year with luck and he will be tuned in bigtime.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 03:37 (Ref:2416389)   #6
Geewizz
Racer

Geewizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose a part of my confusion stems from the last few season openers at Puke where Mr Mac wheels his car out of the trailer and sits it on pole or there abouts and wins the round.....
Have the others caught up, or as you say, maybe they just missed the sweet spot....
Agree about Bairdo next season too, will be tight at the top!
Old 16 Mar 2009, 04:09 (Ref:2416395)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So where are Mr Scott's & Mr McIntyre's V8Supercar main series rides?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Mar 2009, 04:33 (Ref:2416401)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So where are Mr Scott's & Mr McIntyre's V8Supercar main series rides?
Good question. They should both be in the Fujitsu series at a minimum. Perhaps a part of it may come down to business commitments or something.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 04:37 (Ref:2416402)   #9
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
NZV8 isn't a feeder series for V8 SUPERCARS
Old 16 Mar 2009, 04:51 (Ref:2416404)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
.... yet

They have both driven in the development series at different times, and an enduro codrive was there in years past...

But the breakthru doesnt seem to have been made!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Mar 2009, 05:05 (Ref:2416407)   #11
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
you could say the same thing about non-NZV8 drivers Chris Pither or Daniel Gaunt. both former TRS drivers like Van Gisbergen
Old 16 Mar 2009, 05:20 (Ref:2416411)   #12
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
No maybe not, but there is no reason why some of the top guys can't considered for V8's or development as a driver. I think MAC and Scott have shown enough to warrant more drives over in australia.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 12:15 (Ref:2416605)   #13
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree but it usually comes down to $$$$. Good on ya kayne wish you were still in a holden