Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Jan 2002, 12:22 (Ref:202648)   #1
BeerMonster
Rookie

BeerMonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The End of FFord Festival??

The entry list for the annual Brands Hatch FFord festival has been getting shorter and shorter over the years. With so many young drivers headed for FRenault this year, could it spell the end of the FFord Festival?

As things currently stand I cant see them having enough entries for it to be worthwhile

What do you think?
Old 22 Jan 2002, 13:14 (Ref:202665)   #2
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Ford giving no support whatsoever to the Festival, you could certainly see the sense in shifting it to somewhere like Spa which MN hinted at on their front cover last year.

This would be central to all the other European teams and might help get them interested again.

However, the thought of Spa in October? Hmmm.

I don't see the Festival struggling this year - there will, I'm sure, be enough for quarters, semis and a final - but unless someone in charge of the category starts thinking cleverly and quickly it could hit trouble in the future.

That's a shame as we've seen some brilliant driving and cracking finals in the past. Sospiri 88 and Davidson 2000 were amazing (wow, me sticking up Zetecs)!

maybe if the whole formula went back to 1600s it might not be seen as going head-to-head so much with Renault and might just create a niche for itself again. Hold on, we're talking about a structured career ladder for drivers here. Can't have that ...
Old 22 Jan 2002, 16:03 (Ref:202739)   #3
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant really see a problem for the festival at all....the festival is soemthing very special on any drivers cv and im sure there will always be drivers that want to compete in it....and as for the festival going elsewhere , i think it would never be the same anywhere else....Brands is its home and thats where it belongs.