Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 3 Oct 2023, 13:51 (Ref:4179443)   #576
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You'd think someone was ringing them up as soon as they saw the news and have an extra car. Come on AO Racing, run Rexy and Roxy
Old 3 Oct 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4179492)   #577
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
It makes far too much sense not to happen.

I'd even buy the Rexy/Roxy combo shirt.
Old 4 Oct 2023, 13:33 (Ref:4179622)   #578
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Petit entry list soon?

Joseph Newgarden in a 963 right?
Old 4 Oct 2023, 13:49 (Ref:4179627)   #579
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6R Racing Fan View Post
Petit entry list soon?

Joseph Newgarden in a 963 right?
Yes.

Bus bro Scott in Tower's P2.
Old 4 Oct 2023, 20:48 (Ref:4179669)   #580
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
54 cars

https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...ntryList_1.pdf

10 GTP, 9 LMP2, 8 LMP3, 8 GTD Pro and 19 GTDs

Michelin Pilot Challenge 38, 28 GT4s

https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo..._EntryList.pdf

Only 25 MX-5s though
Old 4 Oct 2023, 22:42 (Ref:4179681)   #581
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
54 cars

https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...ntryList_1.pdf

10 GTP, 9 LMP2, 8 LMP3, 8 GTD Pro and 19 GTDs

Michelin Pilot Challenge 38, 28 GT4s

https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo..._EntryList.pdf

Only 25 MX-5s though
Wow, the 3rd drivers drafted in for GTP are a pretty accomplished bunch! You'd expect the factory teams to bring in star power, but the 2 independent teams have Jenson Button and Neil Jani!
Old 6 Oct 2023, 14:44 (Ref:4180002)   #582
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I look at it as 27 GTD's. I have treated them as one race/category since GTLM left. There is no race where the prototype leaders hit the back of the GT traffic from the start faster than Petit Le Mans. I'm betting on 7 minutes this year.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 15:36 (Ref:4180019)   #583
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
I look at it as 27 GTD's. I have treated them as one race/category since GTLM left. There is no race where the prototype leaders hit the back of the GT traffic from the start faster than Petit Le Mans. I'm betting on 7 minutes this year.
The way IMSA do the split start gets the GT cars lapped even faster these days too.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 15:39 (Ref:4180022)   #584
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's one thing about the Petit... Always a mix of cars on the track with GTD and prototypes mixed together all the time. Makes it more interesting that way.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 17:49 (Ref:4180037)   #585
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the race is littered with safety cars PLUS you got more demand for grid space in 2024. Maybe the race could get modified some what would be ideas?

Split races perhaps? Can spectators handle two 10 hour races. Perhaps a GTP/GTD Pro race and a GTD am/LMP2 one? One on Saturday. One on Sunday. Could allow for less incidents and less safety cars for each. More cars for each class too.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 18:13 (Ref:4180040)   #586
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If the race is littered with safety cars PLUS you got more demand for grid space in 2024. Maybe the race could get modified some what would be ideas?

Split races perhaps? Can spectators handle two 10 hour races. Perhaps a GTP/GTD Pro race and a GTD am/LMP2 one? One on Saturday. One on Sunday. Could allow for less incidents and less safety cars for each. More cars for each class too.
Personally I like the Petit just the way it is. One ten-hour race with all classes running together. A Sunday Petit would be out since local laws would not allow it. They have mandated quite time on Sunday. If there's too many cars entered, then that would make qualifying a meaning full exercise and a lot more competitive.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 19:13 (Ref:4180051)   #587
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Would be able to run a split race 8-10 with quiet time 10-noon or 1230.

But that wouldn't be Petit any more. Wouldn't be as good an event with the AMs pushed to the their own event. Every time there's crying about too many cars and SC fest it turns in to a good race so I'm not gonna worry about it
Old 6 Oct 2023, 19:18 (Ref:4180052)   #588
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I always treat it as 64 individual classes. For three drivers there are 64 different combinations of bronze, silver, gold and platinum. Obviously some classes are empty. My favorite class of all these is what I call the Olympic, or GTO, class - the bronze/silver/gold combo.

Go Heart of Racing #27!
Old 6 Oct 2023, 20:40 (Ref:4180059)   #589
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I always treat it as 64 individual classes. For three drivers there are 64 different combinations of bronze, silver, gold and platinum. Obviously some classes are empty. My favorite class of all these is what I call the Olympic, or GTO, class - the bronze/silver/gold combo.

Go Heart of Racing #27!

That’s an interesting way of looking at it. Not sure I could split them up into that many categories
Old 6 Oct 2023, 20:48 (Ref:4180063)   #590
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Go Heart of Racing #27!
So you're the reason everyone gets a trophy and the radio stays on all Saturday night, and the ILMC at Sebring presentation ended last weekend finally

But that's also why it's tough to explain races to some of the folks who ask about it. It's all NASCAR/sports style and everyone wants to know who you want to win and who you want to lose. Trying to explain a having a fun time at the race is more the goal than any one team winning. That said, anyone does something stupid, **** poor driving, etc then f that guy and hope their engine lets go.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 21:43 (Ref:4180073)   #591
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They all contribute to my fun and are doing something I would love to - they all should get a trophy.
Except those driving M4s, obviously
Old 6 Oct 2023, 21:44 (Ref:4180074)   #592
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
That's one thing about the Petit... Always a mix of cars on the track with GTD and prototypes mixed together all the time. Makes it more interesting that way.
I've said it for years. A GT-only race would draw more overseas entries, especially now with the Indianapolis 8 Hours the week before.
Old 6 Oct 2023, 21:50 (Ref:4180077)   #593
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I've said it for years. A GT-only race would draw more overseas entries, especially now with the Indianapolis 8 Hours the week before.
More entries don't always make the race a better race. I like the mix of prototype and GT on the track at the same time. Makes for some very interesting events.
Old 7 Oct 2023, 01:10 (Ref:4180098)   #594
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
More entries don't always make the race a better race. I like the mix of prototype and GT on the track at the same time. Makes for some very interesting events.
Yes it does! Sportscar + GTs or big GTs with smaller GTs and Olympic GTs - all great combos which we sadly don't see enough!
Old 7 Oct 2023, 01:36 (Ref:4180106)   #595
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Yes it does! Sportscar + GTs or big GTs with smaller GTs and Olympic GTs - all great combos which we sadly don't see enough!
It's not the Petit Le Mans. Why don't they just break up the 24 hours of Le Mans into a few 4-hour races. Think of how many more drivers could be there. Boring!

Hey Coach, do you even plan to attend the Petit? I don't see why since it's such a limited race and soooo boring!

Last edited by JT240Z; 7 Oct 2023 at 01:47.
Old 7 Oct 2023, 07:02 (Ref:4180121)   #596
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
It's not the Petit Le Mans. Why don't they just break up the 24 hours of Le Mans into a few 4-hour races. Think of how many more drivers could be there. Boring!

Hey Coach, do you even plan to attend the Petit? I don't see why since it's such a limited race and soooo boring!
I'm sad to miss this year but have been many times between 2000 and last year. Love the Petit. Will miss many dear friends this time.

Btw, I was talking endurance racing in general, not in a 1,000 years (see what I did there?!), would I change the Petit! Re racing on Sunday: were you there for the World Challenge aftermath in the early 2000s when then ran just the GT and TC races the day after the Petit? It was anti climaxing. Good times nevertheless.
Old 7 Oct 2023, 21:38 (Ref:4180292)   #597
GT3_Fan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Would be able to run a split race 8-10 with quiet time 10-noon or 1230.

But that wouldn't be Petit any more. Wouldn't be as good an event with the AMs pushed to the their own event. Every time there's crying about too many cars and SC fest it turns in to a good race so I'm not gonna worry about it
Well if you go by having 1 and only 1 standard which is a mad dash shootout at the end where the previously 9.5 hours don't mean much. So yeah I like my idea two 10 hour petit le mans races. One on Friday, One on Saturday or back to back Saturdays. One is LMP2/GTD am, the other is GTP/GTD pro
Old 7 Oct 2023, 21:55 (Ref:4180299)   #598
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Well if you go by having 1 and only 1 standard which is a mad dash shootout at the end where the previously 9.5 hours don't mean much. So yeah I like my idea two 10 hour petit le mans races. One on Friday, One on Saturday or back to back Saturdays. One is LMP2/GTD am, the other is GTP/GTD pro
And when was the last time you attended the Petit?
Old 7 Oct 2023, 22:11 (Ref:4180306)   #599
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
But you would still have the same rules and FAR FAR FAR fewer cars. Cause yeah, all those teams want to be the undercard on the day everyone is leaving? Oh and then make the crew and volunteers around the team work 2 12 hour days or longer if you want to Fri Quali the Sat event. It's just a non starter idea
Old 7 Oct 2023, 22:11 (Ref:4180308)   #600
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
And when was the last time you attended the Petit?
I'm gonna go with never, I'm leaning towards no racing in person and debating if a troll