Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 24 Jun 2003, 00:52 (Ref:640926)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
World Motorsport (Sky Sports)

Im not sure if this is the right board to use but I belive it is. Sky Sport's "World Motorsport" programme first has 1hr every week of either, FIA SCC, Formula Nippon, Euro F3, DTM, then for the 2nd hour the programme changes to "National Motorsport" and finally for 30 minutes "off road motorsport" (or something like that).

Now for those of u who like me like watching the likes of the Super Coupe cup, VW Cup, Formula Palmer Audi, Formula Zip etc u might be intrested to know that the National motorsport does cover all of those series and a few more. They dont cover the same series week after week though, sometimes theres a gap whilst they screen the other forms of National motorsport. But they do show u a full season but sometimes theres a gap of about 2-3 weeks.

Anyways I just thought u might like to know, the programme is normally on 3-5 times a week. National motorsport is on the 2nd hour of the programme though. (The first hour of World Motorsport is worth watching too, DTM, Euro F3, FIA SCC, Formula Nippon are all great). Enjoy!
Old 24 Jun 2003, 06:33 (Ref:641087)   #2
Steve Wood
Racer

Steve Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Britcar is occasionally featured - they did the Brands Hatch round, they'll be doing the Willhire this weekend, and the Oakfield Trophy at the end of the season.

Trouble is, the transmission date is weeks after the event, and you have to take pot luck unless you definitely know your series is on. Check the EERC website for Britcar transmission dates, and I assume, other series websites will carry info too.

Sky charge for the privilege, by the way.
Old 24 Jun 2003, 08:07 (Ref:641158)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I never said that Sky dont charge for the Sky sports package though. And to be honest for what u get its pretty good value for money, and I dont just mean in terms of motorsport. I know that some of the coverage is weeks behind yes thats true, but again its only 2-3 weeks delayed. Oh btw u said u dont know what will be on the next programme,well actually yes u do, wait until the end of the programme and there is a schedule showing u what is on next weeks programme.

I know the coverage is several weeks delayed but its better than no coverage at all..
Old 24 Jun 2003, 08:44 (Ref:641173)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Sorry I forgot to mention at the beginning of each programme they do a short 30 sec preview of what will be on the programme. 10 seconds for hour 1 (world Motorsport) 10 seconds for hour 2 (national motorsport) and 10 seconds for the final 30 minutes (off road motorspor, normally rallying).
Old 24 Jun 2003, 11:23 (Ref:641303)   #5
Steve Wood
Racer

Steve Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, Saleen, I meant that Sky actually charge the race organisers to film their series. In Britcar, this means a supplement to the entry fees, or getting somebody to sponsor the coverage.

The punter pays to watch, the driver pays to be televised, and Sky, well..........
Old 24 Jun 2003, 11:36 (Ref:641329)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Ah I see what u mean now. Still I think that Sky are giving a great service, as im with Cable I cant recive Motors TV, so if it wasnt for sky I woudnt get any Nippon, DTM, Euro F3, FIA SCC coverage at all. I see ur point about the drivers paying to be telivised but then Im sure that the price the drivers have to pay on top of the entry fee isnt that much more. And from what I can see most of the drivers love every minute knowing they are on National TV.

As for someone to sponsor series well I think MOST series do have series sponsors, I know the Super Coupe Cup (SCC) has Stoke Landrover as their main sponsor, so I imagine they pay something towards the costs.