Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Jul 2001, 14:56 (Ref:121585)   #26
ireshad
Rookie

ireshad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't say that I'm particularly sorry to see him go. He's shown even less interest this season then Hill showed in his last season.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 15:16 (Ref:121588)   #27
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Arghhhhh, Bella you're missing the point.

Jordan and BAR are both powered by Honda engines. Sato is currently walking away with the British F3 championship and is also the BAR test driver. His F3 car is powered and sponsored by Honda.

If Honda want to promote a young Japanese driver, does it matter whether they puit him in a BAR or a Jordan. Eddy Jordan would give the guy a seat if he were asked by Honda, especially as he is very keen to keep his supply of works engines.

Get my point now?

Hugs,

Stephen.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 15:21 (Ref:121591)   #28
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm not missing it, i'm just putting the other side of it.

but yes, fair dos, if honda did jump up and down and swear and ask them to have sato driving, he would. but from what i've heard, the team really are very fond of ricardo. would they dump him or trulli (who apparently isn't very popular cause he's a bit anti-social)?

oh, god, can't believe i'm defending f1's next ladies man...
Old 25 Jul 2001, 15:27 (Ref:121592)   #29
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time for the one and only 'Herbertman' swansong , where are you Johnny......?
Old 25 Jul 2001, 15:32 (Ref:121594)   #30
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I think that Eddie Jordan has started pulling at straws desperate to keep that Honda engine package..Then car is not good let's face it,I remember HHF staring at the car in total amazment after one of his many off's..

After his accident at Monaco I am sure that Heinz-Herald started to wonder if it was all really worth it..Seem's like very weird timing to fire a German driver prior to Hockenheim don't you think??

At the moment we only have Jordan Grand Prix's side of the situation it will be interesting to hear Mr Frentzen's story..
Old 25 Jul 2001, 15:33 (Ref:121595)   #31
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i've already got the violins out, no wait, the full chamber orchestra...

welcome to the real world mr frentzen. take your shoes off at the door, would you old fella. new carpet laid, dontcha know.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 15:45 (Ref:121600)   #32
ireshad
Rookie

Interesting.

http://www.f1i.com/articles/ARTICLE_209648.html
Old 25 Jul 2001, 15:52 (Ref:121602)   #33
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
good link, sir, that kept me quiet for 10 minutes or so...
Old 25 Jul 2001, 15:57 (Ref:121603)   #34
ireshad
Rookie

I aim to please. In case you have never used it this is probably the most useful site on the net:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NewsNow...sLink&Theme=F1

Warning: this site does take up a lot of processing!

Last edited by ireshad; 25 Jul 2001 at 16:00.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 16:12 (Ref:121607)   #35
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Thank you for the link ireshad..Very interesting..Politics strike again!
Old 25 Jul 2001, 16:13 (Ref:121608)   #36
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow this was certainly surprising....

I still thought HHF was a capable driver, who could still win a race. I guess it's all politics though...

As for Ricardo, I'm still not convinced he's good at anything but looking pretty and making cars fly.... I don't think he recieved the best treatment by BAR, but he was almost always consistently well back of Villeneuve...well well back... so who knows...but best of luck to him and Jordo!
Old 25 Jul 2001, 16:16 (Ref:121609)   #37
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You all know that Retardo is the default driver for the German GP but he will not get it for next year.If he does he will be blaming Jordan and Trulli for his lack of talent.

Hope Sato gets it. I hate moaning drivers like Retardo.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 16:30 (Ref:121611)   #38
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow ... what unexpected news.

What is happening between Jordan and HHF. I am very shocked by the news ...... and it is obvious that the real reason has yet to be given. HHF is a good reliable driver and has done wonders at Jordan. I suppose all we will have to sit and wait for more news to be realised!

It does however give Zonta the chance he needs - go for it!
Old 25 Jul 2001, 16:38 (Ref:121613)   #39
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"BBKING": The ill-mannered and insulting version of Ricardo's name you used in your post above does neither you nor whoever raised you any credit.

Clearly you have not followed Zonta's career except from the two disastrous years being stomped on by Jacques Villeneuve Grand Prix, a/k/a BAR, if you have such a poor view of his ability or his accomplishments, and what's more, you clearly didn't see him drive in Montreal. The man can drive a racing car and is burning to prove it to the world. This is his chance and he will make the most of it. Trulli better look to his laurels now too. If there are only two seats available and one guy has been fired for "a frank exchange of views" perhaps this would be a good time for Trulli to shut up and drive the car?

Although I'm delighted that Rico will get his chance, I am sorry to see Frenzy leave under such sorry circumstances. And I hope he will do well in another team or another venue.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 16:42 (Ref:121615)   #40
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
welll there have been plenty of drivers that have cleaned up in every series they ever drove in, and then flopped big time in Formula One. (eg Ricardo Rossett...(not comparing him to Zonta though)).

Like I said, I'm still undecided on Ricardo. If I thought he had a fair chance when he was with BAR, I'd say he's not fit for Formula One (or at least will never do well). However, as there were obvious problems there, I'll give him a second chance...
Old 25 Jul 2001, 16:51 (Ref:121621)   #41
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to mention Mikey Andretti

Well, that's all Zonta wants. A chance. But if he does make it big time now, will you agree that the atmosphere at Villeneuve Grand Prix had something to do with his stats in F1 to the date of his drive in Montreal?
Old 25 Jul 2001, 17:11 (Ref:121627)   #42
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
"BBKING": The ill-mannered and insulting version of Ricardo's name you used in your post above does neither you nor whoever raised you any credit.
A
Thank you very much Liz..I am glad you are on the case.. I am tired of this stuff, The very least we can do is to talk about the drivers using there given names..Ricardo Zonta..How hard is that??? maybe it is time to "sack" a few posters from 10Tenths
Old 25 Jul 2001, 17:12 (Ref:121628)   #43
BBKing
Veteran

What was so great about Ricardo’s drive in Montreal? He finished one lap down didn’t he?

Ricardo had 2 years to prove his worth and failed. The so called atmosfere at BAR might be an excuse but I don’t see it affecting to Panis. If this weekend he drives like he did last year he will drive into his teammate and spin out of the race spectacularly. He is good crashing cars.

Ricardo, Frentzen, Heifeld and Schumi had good careers driving Mercedes sports cars. Frentzen never materialize in F1, Nick is having the hardest time to keep up with Kimi, who is a rookie, and Schumi is one of the best in F1 albeit being beaten fair and square by Frentzen in their Mercedes years. What does that prove? It gave all of them a chance to drive an F1 car.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 17:46 (Ref:121651)   #44
Ferrari Girl
Rookie

Ferrari Girl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHHHHHHYYYYYY?

not happy bout this, i wanna know what happened!
Old 25 Jul 2001, 18:07 (Ref:121659)   #45
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Heinz-Herald's performance this season,and saying some not too positive things about the car. Which Eddie Jordan did not wish to hear.. I would think???? but like you I really don't know.

Last edited by JeremySmith; 25 Jul 2001 at 18:08.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 18:20 (Ref:121667)   #46
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mr. King, I would like to point out that we don't cotton to that sort of thing around here. You have been politly asked to stop and I suggest you pay attention.

With regard to Zonta's performance in Montreal, without benefit of Friday practise, he was quite competitive throughout the race, running in front of Hakkinen for some time until he suffered brake problems.(as did Trulli)
He ran into the back of Raikkonen-his one mistake in an otherwiswe exemplary weekend.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 18:33 (Ref:121671)   #47
BBKing
Veteran

Note taken Mr. EERO.

I asked the same thing to your fellow moderator who refers Montoya as “Dork” and “Prat” without my words being taken seriously. Wonder what can you do about it. You don't cotton to that sort of thing around here? I don't think so.

I won’t mention how most of you Schumi haters call him TGF for which there is a politically correct translation but we all know what it really means.

How is that Liz gets away so easily calling Senna a murderer? What does it say about her and her raising?

The way I spelled Zonta’s name is the way it sounds in my language (Romanian).
Old 25 Jul 2001, 19:47 (Ref:121697)   #48
John Batchelor
Racer

John Batchelor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We could get our hands on a third Integra type R if HHF wants to continue his career in the BTC-P in fact we would love to have him!!
Old 25 Jul 2001, 20:06 (Ref:121715)   #49
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And I see your point BB. I don't appreciate the terms used to describe Montoya either and when I see them, will so comment. But if you take anything Moffat says seriously, I have some Real Estate if Florida I would like to sell to you.

As far as "TGF" goes, if you've been around here long enough, you've read the explanation of the origin of the term. If other folks think they're posting a rude abreviation, so be it.

I don't recall Liz calling Senna a murderer. But she usually has pretty clearly thought out her reasons for her assertions. I may not always agree with them, but they are not without merit.

I don't intend to come down as a heavy or to single you out, but the nickname you have coined for Zonta is insulting not just to Zonta. If Montoya were called a Prat, I am sure Prats everywhere would rejoice at the honour.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 20:59 (Ref:121740)   #50
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still cannot quite believe it.

Ummm...