Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9 Dec 2017, 05:33 (Ref:3785967)   #1
Andy77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,456
Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2018 Isle of Man TT

The first official promo video to the 2018 Isle of Man TT has been released a couple days ago at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30TRIV3kKZE

At the start of the clip there is footage of Conor Cummins' crash at the Verandah back in 2010. Be warned.
At the very place just a few meters prior to Conors accident site, at the start of the layby, there is a small wooden cross with a plaque for Italian rider Gilberto Parlotti who came off there in 1972. Giacomo Agostini, best mate with Gilberto, would declare afterwards that he's not going to return to the TT as it is too dangerous. Parlottis fatal crash there is significiant to the TT's history though, as it lead to the end of world championship races on the Mountain Course.

Personally, I`m looking forward to my 2nd TT fortnight since flights are booked already and accomodation is sorted as well
Following a first sniff in marshaling during the Manx GP earlier this year (11 signatures, on the green card now ) I`m really looking forward to marshal at the TT with my mates of the Auto66 Club from Scarborough at Quarry Bends again and to the IMC I`m enrolled to during the fortnight.
Also I`ll be giving my premier marshaling appearance with the Southern 100 club down at Billown at the pre-TT races.

Exciting times ahead & just 167 till departure. Oh roll on TT '18.
Andy77 is offline  
__________________
The advantage of cleverness is that you can play dumb. The opposite is way tougher - Kurt Tucholsky
Just because you're breathing, doesn't mean you're alive - Steve 'Stavros' Parrish
Quote
Old 12 Dec 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3786668)   #2
Asp
Race Official
Veteran
 
Asp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
England
Cumbria, UK
Posts: 4,683
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I still need to decide how long I'm going for and book some way of getting across...
Asp is offline  
__________________
Alcohol does not solve life's problems. Then again, neither does milk.
Quote
Old 13 Dec 2017, 02:06 (Ref:3786722)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran
 
fieldodreams79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
United States
The Dirty South
Posts: 8,761
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
The first official promo video to the 2018 Isle of Man TT has been released a couple days ago at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30TRIV3kKZE

At the start of the clip there is footage of Conor Cummins' crash at the Verandah back in 2010. Be warned.
At the very place just a few meters prior to Conors accident site, at the start of the layby, there is a small wooden cross with a plaque for Italian rider Gilberto Parlotti who came off there in 1972. Giacomo Agostini, best mate with Gilberto, would declare afterwards that he's not going to return to the TT as it is too dangerous. Parlottis fatal crash there is significiant to the TT's history though, as it lead to the end of world championship races on the Mountain Course.

Personally, I`m looking forward to my 2nd TT fortnight since flights are booked already and accomodation is sorted as well
Following a first sniff in marshaling during the Manx GP earlier this year (11 signatures, on the green card now ) I`m really looking forward to marshal at the TT with my mates of the Auto66 Club from Scarborough at Quarry Bends again and to the IMC I`m enrolled to during the fortnight.
Also I`ll be giving my premier marshaling appearance with the Southern 100 club down at Billown at the pre-TT races.

Exciting times ahead & just 167 till departure. Oh roll on TT '18.
Brilliant promo video and glad you're able to go again!

I'll have to settle for watching it through a screen. One day, I'll have enough coin...
fieldodreams79 is online now  
__________________
"Knowing that it's in you and you never let it out
Is worse than blowing any engine or any wreck you'll ever have."
-Mike Cooley
Quote
Old 13 Dec 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3786882)   #4
Andy77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,456
Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp View Post
I still need to decide how long I'm going for and book some way of getting across...
I'm just looking into adding a third week past the racing and take the plane again. Nothings cheaper than flybe

See you there again, mate
Andy77 is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Dec 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3786883)   #5
Andy77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,456
Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Brilliant promo video and glad you're able to go again!

I'll have to settle for watching it through a screen. One day, I'll have enough coin...
Actually, my 2nd time for the Manx this year, was financed on a loan. But as Mick Chatterton and the wife of Ernie Coates c9nsolidated
Andy77 is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Dec 2017, 18:53 (Ref:3786885)   #6
Andy77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,456
Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Brilliant promo video and glad you're able to go again!

I'll have to settle for watching it through a screen. One day, I'll have enough coin...
Actually, my 2nd time for the Manx this year, was financed on a loan. But Mick Chatterton and the wife of Ernie Coates gave me some consolation "Look at this guys (all ex-racers in their 60s), they never came here any different"

4 weeks that turned out the most fantastic time in my life so far. No regrets !
Andy77 is offline  
Quote
Old 11 Jun 2018, 04:02 (Ref:3828254)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran
 
fieldodreams79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
United States
The Dirty South
Posts: 8,761
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hope Andy77 is having fun.

I'm looking for a way I can watch delayed coverage. I know, I'm late but the old cable box was setup to record all new episodes but I dump the box a while ago. Anything outside of highlights on a youtube channel?
fieldodreams79 is online now  
__________________
"Knowing that it's in you and you never let it out
Is worse than blowing any engine or any wreck you'll ever have."
-Mike Cooley
Quote
Old 13 Jun 2018, 15:44 (Ref:3828935)   #8
jcdeleted
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 26
jcdeleted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TT coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Hope Andy77 is having fun.

I'm looking for a way I can watch delayed coverage. I know, I'm late but the old cable box was setup to record all new episodes but I dump the box a while ago. Anything outside of highlights on a youtube channel?

Try ITV4. Two one hour highlights programmes tonight and tomorrow, both at 7 pm. Watch out for young Davey Todd.
jcdeleted is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Isle of Man TT: another big name goes garcon Bike Racing 32 8 Jun 2003 13:09
Isle of Man TT Number Juan Bike Racing 11 3 Jun 2003 23:28
Isle of Man TT Races Stephen Green Bike Racing 5 9 May 2002 13:07
isle of man tt quiz 100% honda fa Bike Racing 3 22 Feb 2002 23:02
Duke have got the Isle of Man TT covered Duke Bike Racing 2 1 Jun 2000 23:59


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 19:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.