Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Oct 2019, 03:42 (Ref:3932199)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Petit Le Mans 2019 - Road Atlanta

October 9th - 12th

It's my annual fall trek two counties over to one of my favorite places in the world, during my favorite season (which just arrived today) for one of my favorite events.

This year, the race starts at 1205 PM Eastern Standard and ends 1005 PM (2200), so make those changes to whatever you've been doing. Track time starts Wednesday. Weathertech Series doesn't go on til Thursday. One race on Thursday. Bunch of races Friday along with qualifying for Weathertech.

Schedule

Entry List

IMSA Site w/ Broadcast Info

IMSA Spotters Guide

Track Site

Weather

Track Map

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 6 Oct 2019 at 03:50.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 15:08 (Ref:3932282)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sir, it is still Daylight time. The government is here to help us save power by keeping it longer in the fall
Old 6 Oct 2019, 18:07 (Ref:3932301)   #3
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It'll be weird seeing the Corvette C7Rs, current version of Porsche RSR, and possibly/probably Ford GTs and Nissan DPi racing for the final time.

Still excited for the race though, I hope to get there before noon Friday.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 19:38 (Ref:3932310)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
It'll be weird seeing the Corvette C7Rs, current version of Porsche RSR, and possibly/probably Ford GTs and Nissan DPi racing for the final time.

Still excited for the race though, I hope to get there before noon Friday.
It will be a LONG Monday tomorrow before loading the truck up on Tuesday for my fall vacation. Here's to the rain coming early and dampening the clay dust but not Tuesday afternoon.
Hopefully the Vettes go on to good homes like the GT1s have in a few cases. And hopefully we see/hear them back on track this spring at The Mitty
Old 6 Oct 2019, 20:29 (Ref:3932318)   #5
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If everything goes normal, I think Acura takes the win and the titles in prototype. I think Porsche wins GTE and takes the titles and in GTD I think it'll be Acura too.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 03:16 (Ref:3932368)   #6
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
THanks for making the thread mr field. I have so much left to do to get ready for this, and it might be my cars final, or penultimate trip to Road Atlanta.

The racing is going to be great, the weather is going to happen, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 14:29 (Ref:3932489)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
THanks for making the thread mr field. I have so much left to do to get ready for this, and it might be my cars final, or penultimate trip to Road Atlanta.

The racing is going to be great, the weather is going to happen, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.
You got it, joeb!

I say that every year about my vehicles.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3932535)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
What the hell is this BS? Guess Corvette didn't want to pony up for a C8 this early.

From Road Atlanta's page: supplying a 2019 BMW M4 CS to pace the field of IMSA WeatherTech Championship contenders and a specially modified 2019 BMW M5 Competition to serve as Safety Car

BMW of North America will host the North American premiere of two new BMW M models: the all-new, 600 hp, third-generation, track-capable 2020 X5 M Sport Activity Vehicle and X6 M Sport Activity Coupe

UMMMM, NO, bad BMW. X things should not be track-capable. Maybe capable of pulling your track toy but not on the track.

And I received confirmation, the free IMSA gift is ONLY for the first 1,969 on SATURDAY morning. The diehards and campers who want to be there all week get nothing.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 02:38 (Ref:3932593)   #9
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
What the hell is this BS? Guess Corvette didn't want to pony up for a C8 this early.

From Road Atlanta's page: supplying a 2019 BMW M4 CS to pace the field of IMSA WeatherTech Championship contenders and a specially modified 2019 BMW M5 Competition to serve as Safety Car

BMW of North America will host the North American premiere of two new BMW M models: the all-new, 600 hp, third-generation, track-capable 2020 X5 M Sport Activity Vehicle and X6 M Sport Activity Coupe

UMMMM, NO, bad BMW. X things should not be track-capable. Maybe capable of pulling your track toy but not on the track.

And I received confirmation, the free IMSA gift is ONLY for the first 1,969 on SATURDAY morning. The diehards and campers who want to be there all week get nothing.
Agree on the "sport activity vehicles". You'll have to get up early Saturday and drive out and then directly back in to receive your prize. It's probably just an autographed glossy of Bibendum or a free can of Coke and a frozen Bubba Burger or something anyway.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3932681)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Agree on the "sport activity vehicles". You'll have to get up early Saturday and drive out and then directly back in to receive your prize. It's probably just an autographed glossy of Bibendum or a free can of Coke and a frozen Bubba Burger or something anyway.
I wanna autographed Bib glossy!!
Old 8 Oct 2019, 13:03 (Ref:3932693)   #11
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Fun fact: Bib autographs are verboten.

The dilution of the BMW M brand has been sad to watch from behind the keyboard. You get the feeling that if they put the energy and effort correctly into sport sedans instead of humpback SUVs you would end up with a more enjoyable sedan. Having driven the X6M on a track, I don't feel they wasted their time.

It's easy to make the humpbacks as fast in a straight line, but I guarantee you won't notice the difference while driving the M cars and M humpbacks legally on a street. Even on a track you would have to be fairly experienced to know what is missing in the handling to be sad after driving the humpback.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3932699)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
HA! More reason to yearn for one!!
Old 8 Oct 2019, 14:32 (Ref:3932718)   #13
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post

The dilution of the BMW M brand has been sad to watch from behind the keyboard. You get the feeling that if they put the energy and effort correctly into sport sedans instead of humpback SUVs you would end up with a more enjoyable sedan. Having driven the X6M on a track, I don't feel they wasted their time.

It's easy to make the humpbacks as fast in a straight line, but I guarantee you won't notice the difference while driving the M cars and M humpbacks legally on a street. Even on a track you would have to be fairly experienced to know what is missing in the handling to be sad after driving the humpback.
It doesn't solve the problem of them being the second ugliest, as a group MB and Audi included, thing on the road behind the Rolls SUV.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 23:06 (Ref:3932820)   #14
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
No argument here...so...Petit
Old 9 Oct 2019, 02:17 (Ref:3932827)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Anyone else got any thoughts /feelings on the later start time? I mean, I still wish it was 394 laps but I'm sure it won't change my actual enjoyment at the track...
Old 9 Oct 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3932902)   #16
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Anyone else got any thoughts /feelings on the later start time? I mean, I still wish it was 394 laps but I'm sure it won't change my actual enjoyment at the track...
Yes, I hate it. less daylight racing. How can anybody watch this on TV. Its just headlights blinding the TV screen. Daytona is the only one that is watchable cause of the track lights. Better to watch at night too. Sorry if I am not this night racing purist. Some might see me as this sportscar racing heretic. I don't see the appeal. Some of it is fine, but I actually like to watch the cars race.
Old 12 Oct 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3933535)   #17
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

The No. 52 PR1 Mathiasen Motorsports entry wins LMP2 by default. Congratulations to Matt McMurry, Gabriel Aubry and Dalton Kellett.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3932905)   #18
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
You sir are king of bad takes.

More night racing is by quantifiable universal truth, better than less night racing.

Not super excited about driving home half an hour later than usual though. But ultimately it sounds like a step in the right tv direction.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3932958)   #19
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
More night running is almost always good. And Road Atlanta has decent coverage with lights for camera views to not be just headlights too much.

Dear God are the Honda TCRs LOUD with backfire at 4. Almost every one of them makes a hella crack once they're up to speed.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 21:23 (Ref:3932992)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Glad I got the chance to get by the circuit today. Beautiful day. Overcast for the most part but the sun did peak through for the last couple of sessions.

Here's a few photos I got of the teams unloading and going to tech.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 23:00 (Ref:3933002)   #21
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That coke car is sweet looking. Made it here in record time myself with the help of the PeachPass
Old 10 Oct 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3933142)   #22
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I haven't seen a time yet but the announcement for C8.R is this afternoon some time apparently.

From S365 notebook
***Technical information on the Corvette C8.R will be announced Thursday during a presentation with GM and Corvette Racing’s engineering team. It is expected to include confirmation of the car’s normally aspirated 5.5-liter flat-crank V8 engine.
***At least one additional change to Corvette Racing’s driver lineup is believed to be possible for 2020 beyond*Jordan Taylor’s move to the factory squad, who is set to replace Jan Magnussen.

Sounds like the move was from GM not the team and the team didn't like it much
Old 10 Oct 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3933148)   #23
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
I have been playing around with pics from 2018 while learning new web techniques. Last year, I took a variety of hats from over the past 20 years and had photos with people associated with the hats. My favorite was when I was wearing my Doyle - Risi Ferrari hat. Wayne Taylor saw it and said, "Hey, that's the hat from when I won the first Petit Le Mans! Come into my paddock and show my team. Maybe, you will bring us some good luck!"

https://www.lasersol.com/CyberMotor/plm_hats_2018/
Old 10 Oct 2019, 18:28 (Ref:3933154)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Plaid is good.
Old 10 Oct 2019, 19:25 (Ref:3933170)   #25
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Plaid is good.
Hmmm, I'll withhold judgment on this one! Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow.

Are you guys up at 3 & 4?