Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Jan 2016, 21:11 (Ref:3606959)   #51
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a bunch of nonsense.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 21:25 (Ref:3606963)   #52
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I know I just wanted to make sure you saved some disgust for after Daytona!
I can promise you that :P
Old 21 Jan 2016, 22:12 (Ref:3606977)   #53
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't wait.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 22:44 (Ref:3606989)   #54
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Any time that car is changed (or another car is changed favorably) the Corvette fans lose their minds.
To be fair they have been pretty much BoPed out of championship contention in the second part of the season for 2 years in a row. Can't blame some of them if it's a sore point now, especially after 2014. Hell, I'm not one to get too wound up over BoP stuff but it's starting to frustrate me too.

Who knows, maybe if they are slow in the first part of the year they will end up BoPed into the championship in the second part of the year. Obviously starting strong hasn't worked for them so maybe they are trying something different.

Not worried about this latest set of changes though. The BoP could be "wrong" but all we have to go on is some practice stuff so it would be silly to get bent out of shape over it at this stage. They should save their rage for the "sharing the wins"-style BoP mid-season.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 22:58 (Ref:3606993)   #55
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would say it's better PR to win Sebring and Daytona than championship
Old 21 Jan 2016, 22:58 (Ref:3606994)   #56
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
To be fair they have been pretty much BoPed out of championship contention in the second part of the season for 2 years in a row. Can't blame some of them if it's a sore point now, especially after 2014. Hell, I'm not one to get too wound up over BoP stuff but it's starting to frustrate me too.

Who knows, maybe if they are slow in the first part of the year they will end up BoPed into the championship in the second part of the year. Obviously starting strong hasn't worked for them so maybe they are trying something different.

Not worried about this latest set of changes though. The BoP could be "wrong" but all we have to go on is some practice stuff so it would be silly to get bent out of shape over it at this stage. They should save their rage for the "sharing the wins"-style BoP mid-season.
Last year the only car that was lighter and more powerful at PLM than they were at Daytona was the Corvette.

Michelin developed those single-stint tires, and they helped the MR-RR cars the most. That's not BoP, that's engineering.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 23:48 (Ref:3607008)   #57
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Last year the only car that was lighter and more powerful at PLM than they were at Daytona was the Corvette.

Michelin developed those single-stint tires, and they helped the MR-RR cars the most. That's not BoP, that's engineering.
I'm not so sure looking at starting and ending stats is the only way to judge. Porsches looked very strong towards the end of the season last year regardless of where they started and ended up number-wise.

True about the tires though, I had kinda forgotten about them. They didn't cover them enough during the broadcasts I think. I remember there were a few mentions of the BMWs splitting up their strategy with them, but I don't remember them being mentioned much by the pit reporters in regards to which teams were going onto them during stops.

Have to look at this somewhat fairly too though... There are plenty of noisy Corvette fans complaining when BoP doesn't go their way, but there are also plenty of noisy fans of other manufacturers that complain just as much when BoP does go the way of the Corvettes. Has turned into a bit of a back-and-forth in a few places it seems like... This place can be a bit like that when it comes to anything GM related.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 00:22 (Ref:3607015)   #58
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Can't wait.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 02:05 (Ref:3607022)   #59
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I would say it's better PR to win Sebring and Daytona than championship
The same could be said for other championships with marquee events.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 02:08 (Ref:3607024)   #60
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Ummmmm... You left quite bit out!

DW gets RPM boost ratio decrease in addition to above

Oak P2 gets RPM boost ratio decrease in addition to above

BR01 gets redefined values

Riley DP gets RPM boost ratio decrease

Dinan DP gets +2mm air restrictor + 2 liter fuel break

Lola Mazda gets RPM boost ratio decrease + 8 liter fuel break + redefined values from last year

BMW GTE gets RPM boost ratio decrease + 10mm larger gurney + 9 liter fuel break + redefined values from last year

Corvette C7.R gets 6 liter fuel break in addition to above + redefined values from last year

Ferrari 488 GTE gets RPM boost decrease + redefined values from last year

Ford GTE gets RPM boost decrease + 3 liter fuel break + redefined values from last year

Porsche 991 GTE gets RPM boost decrease + 6 liter fuel break + redefined values from last year

And as you said million changes in GT3 (+ fiddling in LMPC) I can't bother to add

REAL RACING

Why do you follow a sport that seems to bother you so much?
Old 22 Jan 2016, 02:32 (Ref:3607027)   #61
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
What a bunch of nonsense.
While I am not sure if this comment is about fuel cell capacity, Corvette BoP, BoP in general, LMPC cars, lights, or whatever, I agree with it.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 13:56 (Ref:3607108)   #62
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The 33 Viper has a new look, and it is pretty awesome:

https://twitter.com/jbleekemolen/sta...20796439838720

Last edited by joeb; 22 Jan 2016 at 19:44.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 17:44 (Ref:3607158)   #63
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
Why do you follow a sport that seems to bother you so much?
I already answered that question regarding this series
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=2632
Old 22 Jan 2016, 17:51 (Ref:3607161)   #64
Russell Allen
Rookie

Russell Allen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all, new here, but not new to the rolex,, it is the best week of the year for me,,with sebring close behind, we went to the roar, nothing dramatic, did get to see the ford gt40,, cant wait to see it in action, the weather is suppose to be great , in the 70s sat. and sun. in the 60s thur and fri..getting the camper ready this weekend, will be there 6:00 thursday morning.. hope everyone has a great time
Old 22 Jan 2016, 18:16 (Ref:3607172)   #65
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Allen View Post
Hello all, new here, but not new to the rolex,, it is the best week of the year for me,,with sebring close behind, we went to the roar, nothing dramatic, did get to see the ford gt40,, cant wait to see it in action, the weather is suppose to be great , in the 70s sat. and sun. in the 60s thur and fri..getting the camper ready this weekend, will be there 6:00 thursday morning.. hope everyone has a great time
Welcome Russell! Enjoy camping and Daytona 24!
Old 22 Jan 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3607194)   #66
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Richard and Aaron busy putting their logo on anything they can find. I like the logo and they are starting to grow on me some, especially since the Pikes Peak Falcon they built.

Good stuff and good luck to the team.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 20:25 (Ref:3607203)   #67
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi all,

I had the wonderful opportunity to speak to Don Panoz earlier this week with Downforce Radio. Over the course of over half an hour he shared countless memories and opinions, all of which were very interesting.

Some key points:

- DeltaWing GT car for 2017, to go along with the upcoming roadcars...
- We looked back at moments including the 2013 ALMS-Grand AM merger, the 2006 Le Mans GT2 win, Panoz beating Audi and BMW at the Nürburgring in 2000 and much more. As you'd expect, there were some great tales to be told!
- Don made interesting points about GT3 and current regulations as a whole due to a point I made in regards to small manufacturers not playing as much of a role as they did 10-20 years ago. To summarise - He is not the biggest fan of GT3!

https://www.spreaker.com/user/jakesa...eets-don-panoz

I sound a bit rough for most of this because I was indeed quite under the weather, but hopefully this interview reaches the Ten Tenths community well as we look forward to the Daytona 24 Hour!

Is anyone else staying up for the duration?

Last edited by adam46; 22 Jan 2016 at 20:48.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 22 Jan 2016, 21:23 (Ref:3607218)   #68
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh c'mon this is insane!
only 78L for 488? less than the usual 85L given to 458. And why? because of DI? also ford gt engine has DI but received a 98L fuel tank.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 21:26 (Ref:3607219)   #69
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
oh c'mon this is insane!
only 78L for 488? less than the usual 85L given to 458. And why? because of DI? also ford gt engine has DI but received a 98L fuel tank.
...because they set fuel tank sizes based on the teams declaration of their richest air-fuel ratio allowed. Ferrari declared that their richest was 10% lean, and thus they have the smallest tank.

Man, I hate when I have to start explaining the tech crap.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 22:02 (Ref:3607225)   #70
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
oh c'mon this is insane!
For whatever reason, one of the equalization measures Imsa likes to use is making sure the gt cars have equal stint lengths. So they mess with tank size to make sure no one benefits from better fuel economy and efficiency. I would prefer to see everyone utilize the same tank size and let them use fuel as they please, but I'm old fashion.....
Old 22 Jan 2016, 22:38 (Ref:3607228)   #71
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Oh, that is neat! Some days I like Richard, some days I don't but Aaron is cool. I guess they're getting a sweet deal through Dodge?
Old 22 Jan 2016, 22:47 (Ref:3607229)   #72
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
For whatever reason, one of the equalization measures Imsa likes to use is making sure the gt cars have equal stint lengths. So they mess with tank size to make sure no one benefits from better fuel economy and efficiency. I would prefer to see everyone utilize the same tank size and let them use fuel as they please, but I'm old fashion.....
Having them on the same pit schedule enhances the value of controlling the race with yellow flags. You keep them in a pack all race long.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 23:24 (Ref:3607234)   #73
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Having them on the same pit schedule enhances the value of controlling the race with yellow flags. You keep them in a pack all race long.
True enough, then they mess with refueling restrictors to make pit stops the same! I guess the sanctioning bodies only consider good racing if it is close racing. While I can appreciate a good race when one team dominates. hrug:
Old 22 Jan 2016, 23:28 (Ref:3607235)   #74
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Oh my. So, this is another example of creating the 'show' but penalizing technological efficiencies and advances, i.e., better fuel economy?

This is making the world adapt to Daytona's rules rather than Daytona staying abreast of the advances in the international goals and rules and promoting those. But, if they do that they've got that other series they work with to deal with.

I wish the tremendous marketing capabilities of Daytona could be used to promote international endurance prototype sportscar racing the way that Don Panoz did during the pinnacle of the ALMS.

'They' seem to be getting closer in some ways, but whenever I hear of ways to manipulate running orders through 'tweaks' to improve the show rather than the technology of the automotive breed, I shudder.

Detroit made the mistake of thinking that there are not Americans out there that want style, performance, reliability and efficiency. As a result, Honda, Toyota, VW (the bug), etc. became best-sellers while Detroit held out for the SUV and pickup truck.

I've also been amused that this whole issue of focus and promotion seems be one between France and France.

Keep trying Don!
Old 22 Jan 2016, 23:54 (Ref:3607240)   #75
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
True enough, then they mess with refueling restrictors to make pit stops the same! I guess the sanctioning bodies only consider good racing if it is close racing. While I can appreciate a good race when one team dominates. hrug:
One thing I didn't mention earlier was that the manufacturers competing in the class may actually like the rules that create close competition, so while it's easy (for me) to blame the series rules it is possible that they were asked to make the rules in that way. It also gives a company the ability to blame something else, ie balance of performance, instead of admitting their car is deficient compared to the competition.